Changing the differential for popcorning/ dl busting through

bruddog

After reading this thread again, I realized that I've been using the old code in my roms, so I tested the new vs. the old code.

I've never noticed a problem with the old code (not saying there isn't one . . . just never noticed it) but I did notice a problem with the new one.

I was testing with JJ Watt (88 HP) vs. the Seahawks abysmal o-line (31-38 HP guards and tackles) and when I called the computer's pass play, everyone BUT JJ Watt swarmed the QB.  Instead, he got rapidly pushed pushed downfield (into the Texans secondary).  This doesn't happen with the old code.

Bruddog, I think you said that the original bug had something to do with adding OL's HP vs. loading it.  What erroneous impact effect does that have on grapples?

• 2 years later...
On 4/24/2017 at 11:11 AM, Tecmonster said:

Bruddog, I think you said that the original bug had something to do with adding OL's HP vs. loading it.  What erroneous impact effect does that have on grapples?

Tecmonster, He's saying that the effect of the initial grapple gets saved into the sprite's attributes for the duration of the play. It would have no effect on the initial grapple but let's say your 69HP DL breaks his grapple with a 63HP OL and is headed toward the QB/RB. For the rest of the play the DL will now have only 06HP. So if he were to try and tackle the QB or RB with a grapple, then he would only have that 6HP to determine the result with.