Sign in to follow this  
BAD_AL

TSB Playmaker [beta] (nes playbook hacking program)

I've downloaded the program and tried to use it for my custom ROM (it's basically the same thing as the original NES version), but I keep getting an error whenever I try to load the ROM into it. It reads "unhandled exception has occurred in your application. If you click Continue, the application will ignore this error and attempt to continue. If you click Quit, the application will close immediately. Object reference not set to an instance of an object." Whenever I click "Continue," the same error pops back up and I can't do anything. Anyone know how to fix this?

IM having the same exact problem. Cant get it to work at all

I hope you've both read the first post of this thread and/or the readme/instructions and you have the required operating system and additional software frameworks required.

If it is actually the case that you've both followed the instructions - in preparing your computer software environment, and proper installation, and proper use of the program - then I suggest you go to a PC/Computer help forum, because your computers must be fucked up.

I copied the "FB Open L" from Run slot 1, to replace a play at Run slot 2. When the D picks a Run slot 1 play it's also a blitz when the O use the FB Open L (now at slot 2). Have been searching the boards for an answer and been messing around with the Playmaker... but can't find a solution.

Any pointers?

Thanks!

Playmaker must not be swapping the blitz bytes when you move a play into a spot it's not normally setup for. In that case you'll need to modify the play bytes yourself.

[ Post made on a Tecmo Super Mobile Device!] mobile.png

The BPswapper? I just get a message about missing files when i try to run that - the version from tecmosb.com & the one from the tool compilation från these boards. "Component ' mscomct2.ocx' ... file missing or invalid"

Can somebody point this guy to 'bruddogs playbook hacker guide'? Though not complete, imo, it's the best single guide I know of.

[ Post made on a Tecmo Super Mobile Device!] mobile.png

i'm trying to run this program with mono in linux (ubuntu), but whenever i go to Open Rom, once i select the rom (tried this multiple times with different roms), the program immediately closes.

read 1st post.  2nd sentence.

It requires the .NET framework in order to run.

you have correctly surmised that ".net framework required" is "about .net framework"; but .NET is apparently required in regards to the proper operation of the program.

Ok excuse my complete lack of savvy, but the second sentence is about .net framework, so do you mean .net is incompatible with mono?

whether it is incompatible with mono or not is beyond my savvy, too.

Edited by buck

Mono = .NET

4sltP.png

There may be other dependencies required to run this app. I am not too sure.

in my FACE.

I really have no idea about linux/mono/dotnet, except in specific instances where I have needed to know.  Remember, I am from a part of the country where there are no TVs, worthwhile sports programs, any computer science classes available, or tampa bay buccaneers propaganda.

i'm trying to run this program with mono in linux (ubuntu), but whenever i go to Open Rom, once i select the rom (tried this multiple times with different roms), the program immediately closes.

Haven't looked at or tried to use this program in years.

I truthfully don't even remember what all that stuff is on the 'TestForm'.

But this was compiled for Window XP and looks to have used a few windows XP specific dlls.

Given that, I'm not surprised that it doesn't run under Mono. Hell... not everything works under windows 7.

I poked at the source a bit and remove all the non .NET stuff & re-compiled.

But doesn't look like I can attach any files here anymore.

Just wondering... have you tried running TSBToolSupreme under mono?