TSB Playmaker [beta] (nes playbook hacking program)

BAD_AL

I've downloaded the program and tried to use it for my custom ROM (it's basically the same thing as the original NES version), but I keep getting an error whenever I try to load the ROM into it. It reads "unhandled exception has occurred in your application. If you click Continue, the application will ignore this error and attempt to continue. If you click Quit, the application will close immediately. Object reference not set to an instance of an object." Whenever I click "Continue," the same error pops back up and I can't do anything. Anyone know how to fix this?

IM having the same exact problem. Cant get it to work at all

I hope you've both read the first post of this thread and/or the readme/instructions and you have the required operating system and additional software frameworks required.

If it is actually the case that you've both followed the instructions - in preparing your computer software environment, and proper installation, and proper use of the program - then I suggest you go to a PC/Computer help forum, because your computers must be fucked up.

• 5 months later...

I copied the "FB Open L" from Run slot 1, to replace a play at Run slot 2. When the D picks a Run slot 1 play it's also a blitz when the O use the FB Open L (now at slot 2). Have been searching the boards for an answer and been messing around with the Playmaker... but can't find a solution.

Any pointers?

Thanks!

The BPswapper? I just get a message about missing files when i try to run that - the version from tecmosb.com & the one from the tool compilation från these boards. "Component ' mscomct2.ocx' ... file missing or invalid"

Can somebody point this guy to 'bruddogs playbook hacker guide'? Though not complete, imo, it's the best single guide I know of.

[ Post made on a Tecmo Super Mobile Device!] mobile.png

• 2 years later...

It requires the .NET framework in order to run.

you have correctly surmised that ".net framework required" is "about .net framework"; but .NET is apparently required in regards to the proper operation of the program.

Ok excuse my complete lack of savvy, but the second sentence is about .net framework, so do you mean .net is incompatible with mono?

whether it is incompatible with mono or not is beyond my savvy, too.

Edited by buck

Mono = .NET

4sltP.png

There may be other dependencies required to run this app. I am not too sure.

in my FACE.

I really have no idea about linux/mono/dotnet, except in specific instances where I have needed to know.  Remember, I am from a part of the country where there are no TVs, worthwhile sports programs, any computer science classes available, or tampa bay buccaneers propaganda.

i'm trying to run this program with mono in linux (ubuntu), but whenever i go to Open Rom, once i select the rom (tried this multiple times with different roms), the program immediately closes.

i'm trying to run this program with mono in linux (ubuntu), but whenever i go to Open Rom, once i select the rom (tried this multiple times with different roms), the program immediately closes.

Haven't looked at or tried to use this program in years.

I truthfully don't even remember what all that stuff is on the 'TestForm'.

But this was compiled for Window XP and looks to have used a few windows XP specific dlls.

Given that, I'm not surprised that it doesn't run under Mono. Hell... not everything works under windows 7.

I poked at the source a bit and remove all the non .NET stuff & re-compiled.

But doesn't look like I can attach any files here anymore.

Just wondering... have you tried running TSBToolSupreme under mono?

• 5 years later...

I've been tinkering with editing playbooks in an effort to get rid of some of the bad plays in the game like all the flea flickers and reverses. Unfortunately I seem to be running in to an issue when editing some plays. I used @konForce's TSB Play Editor BETA 3 to copy some plays over, then used the TSB Playmaker program to edit the copied play so it would run out of different formations. I did this with the following plays in the attached rom:

R AND S SWEEP R (New play is ONEBACK SWEEP R in slot 0 play 3)

FB OFFTACKLE R (New play is OFFTACKLE R in slot 0 play 2)

R AND S SWEEP L (New play is PITCH LEFT* in slot 0 play 3)

ONEBACK L (New play is R AND S L in slot 0 play 7)

R AND S DRAW (New play is ONEBACK DRAW in slot 0 play 6)

R AND S FLARE C (New play is SHOTGUN FLARE in slot 0 play 2)

ROLL OUT L (New play is ONEBACK X FLY in slot 3, play 3)

SHOTGUN X CURL (New play is ONEBACK X CURL in slot 1, play 6)

R AND S Z FLY (New play is ONEBACK Z FLY in slot 2, play 0)

SHOTGUN X DRIVE (New play is R AND S X DRIVE in slot 2 play 3)

SHOTGUN Z S-IN (New play is R AND S Z S-IN in slot 2 play 5)

R AND S Y UP (New play is SHOTGUN Y UP in slot3 play 5)

tsb-playbook-edit-0.pngtsb-playbook-edit-1.png

* I changed the blocking on this play to match the blocking on PITCH L OPEN so there would be O-Linemen pulling on the play.

I also changed all the motion plays to 06 ONEBACKSET.

The problem seems to be with the pass plays though. When I edit a copied play it seems to make changes to the original play as well. So for example I change the SHOTGUN FLARE play to run out of 0F SHOTGUN B and change the QB to 'SHOTGUN' out of (4F) REDGUN Z SLANT. This then changes R AND S FLARE C for some reason, where now the QB does not drop back and uses the same shotgun code for SHOTGUN FLARE. Is this something that can be fixed? And if so, how? I would also like to re-write ONEBACK Z CROSS and NO BACK X-DEEP but am worried the edits won't work due to this issue. So can anyone help? 

tsb-playbook-edit.nes

Edited by SBlueman

I pretty sure there are some issues/bugs if you try to edit individual actions etc. i think it really only works for moving plays into different slots.

But i don't remember 100% anymore. For my custom plays and defenses i ended up doing most things by hand.

• 5 months later...

In case anyone is ever interested, here are my notes on what the defensive patterns are telling the players to do in english. It goes with the initial version of the program posted here (the .2 version was even scarier to try and decipher). I was going to make changes to the csv file but there's 200 entries for each position and only a handful of them correlate to the drop down menus. I've only done the absolute commands, but a most of the %s are the m2m stuff and there's no easier way to explain that anyway.

tecmo defense patterns explained.txt