Bavaro Curl

dajabec

Did anyone ever find a way to intercept the Bavaro curl pass? We had every pass pattern figured out except that one. Even when called you could always get 4 yards so we had to put limitations on it. The Tim Brown crossing route was the second hardest, but it could be intercepted if in exactly the right place

My buddies and I roll through about 100 games a year and we haven't picked off the curl route. I don't think its possible when he's in the midst of his curl. The game administers some sort of gravitational pull or suction on the defender when a receiver or TE is in the middle of the curl and it sorts swings the defender around him. Just won't allow for it to be picked off.

Maybe if you waited until he was in straight line coming back towards the QB, then you could.

We made rules that when the defense picks the same pass play as the offense, you are not allowed to throw to a curling or slanting target. Those plays become unstoppable, so whats the fun in executing it at a 100% clip? Really no different than outlawing the NT lurch in TSB.

Edited by Tecmo-Mad-Brad

• 5 months later...

Whats up Tecmo Bowlers. The Bavaro curl can be defensed only by the Chicago "Bears." One of their defenses can sack Simms before he gets the curl off. If he does get the throw off, then it is too early in the route and can be intercepted.

• 5 years later...

i have picked off other curls but like someone else mentioned, because of Bavaro's speed and the way the game pushes the defenders away when he actually curls at an upwards angle back towards the QB it is unstoppable. If he curls directly back towards the QB you can run from the line of scrimmage (Michael Carter is perfect for this, although you lose your pass rush.) towards Bavaro and if you time it right intercept it. If he angles up towards the QB then it is unstoppable, unless you sack the qb first.