[align=center]TSB2K6mini.jpg TecmoCartridgemini.jpg

[http]-( Get the rom here )-

[/align]

*****Revision 1*******

Credited Bruddog and Drummer4god in the credits

Fixed Blue Rom Sim Data

Fixed Green Rom Playbooks

Fixed Misspellings on all "Michaels"

Switched player names for Buffalo's Daimon Shelton and Shaud Williams, kept attributes the same as Shelton is the FB

Darian Barnes put in for Travis Minor, Minor put in for Sammy Morris, Morris removed for Miami

1300 downloads in 5 days (including 2 with the server down...)

TSB 2006-2007 preseason rom (Better late than Never Edition)

First Annual Knobbe.org official collaborative rom

Sept 13, 2006

Rosters, sim data, and plays as accurate as preseason allows....which makes things more fun anyway.

Rosters are "original stylee" and play mods have not been included

Artwork is courtesy of GRG and JG Games

Given there are 32 teams, there are three roms so every team can play each other

The rom names and background screen are how you can tell them apart.

2006 "green" is missing Miami, Cleveland, San Francisco, and Chicago

2006 "brown" is missing Cincinatti, Baltimore, Carolina, and Jacksonville

2006 "blue" is missing Detroit, San Diego, Houston, and Arizona

I was pretty much just the "producer" of the rom which means that a lot of the work was done by others.

Thanks go to the following without whom this rom wouldn't be possible

- Todd Weinzierl (todd_m6d) for putting together all the player info and his awesome box and cart art work

- Drummer4god who came up with the original 2006 rosters

- The Mikiac for all the ratings work on the players which will be used in the famous meatspin players club

- Gripsmoke for the linebacker ratings

- Lightning Larry for the last 4 teams given Tecmo only lets you have 28

- The Ex-burgler for inspiring me to get this put all together

- JGgames and Sblueman for the artwork of the "green" rom

- GRG and Elway7 for the artwork of the "brown" rom

- GRG for the artwork of the "blue" rom

- Bad_Al for his awesome TSB Tool and Jstout who's hands are in everyone's work

- Bruddog for his "HACK PACK" which saved me a ton of time

- Emuware, maker of the TSB Manager and the grandfather of change

- all the rom makers at the Repository, in 6 years this is actually my first one. I would guess this production to be 30-40 man hours

- everyone who posts at the Tecmo Repository given that's what makes this all worthwile

Enjoy!

Good job on getting something out.

Here is some constructive criticism under the concept that this is an sort of original rom rating style.

QBms: Hasslebeck and Rothlisberger make some good scrambles at times but 19ms? Sorry no dice on that one. Maybe higher RS but no way are they in the Mcnabb realm. No way are they faster than Brooks.

RB's If you are going to have 69ms RB's Tomlinson souhld be in there. The OL helped Alexander more than anything.

WR's this is nitpicking but plaxico buress and chris chambers as good as owens and torry holt. Sorry not buying that one either.

Brooks Bollinger 38rs (editing mistake im sure)

Defense: Wow, as usual this is usually where tecmo roms fall apart and this one is no exception.

Robert Mathis and his 11.5 sacks completley left of the rom. Houston pass defense is turned into a juggernaut with dunta robinson lined up at db1.

Someone had a hard on for philly's db's even though they weren't even close to the best DB's this past season. Victor hobson better than Jonathan Vilma? Lance Briggs got shafted pretty hard. I could go on and on but I won't. People kind of don't get the concept of what makes a defense great in tecmo.

My grades

Ratings:

Offense: A- ( few minor quibbles but overall solid)

Defense: C (no better or worse than most of the roms I see)

Graphics: C

I cant stand the different font and the green background. The updated helmets are cool but hardly worth it. Nothing new and improved from other roms.

Default Playbooks and default team screens : D

It Doesn't look like any effort was put into this at all. For example indy's plays make no sense. A flea flicker and a rollout??!!

Team formations were obviously not changed. Ie Indy being primarily a 3WR formation.

I personally don't care about the playbooks but some might.

Total grade: B/B- Slightly better than what joe Schmoe could whip out but not by much.

Counterpoints:

-Players ratings are what they are...subjective. I think Tory Holt is obviously better than Burress or Chambers but I didn't do the ratings. That's why I have at least 6 different "fixes" of the original TSB uploaded on this board.

Graphics: you might notice they are nothing different than in the past because I specifically mentioned that they were from the past. I specifically stated in the read me who made these roms though I didn't mention the specifc name of the roms. The reasons for their uses were that all three were different and that all of them allowed coverage of all 32 teams.

Team information was changed. It's your opinion that Indianapolis is a three WR team. It's my opinion that Addai and Rhodes will split carries while Brandon Stokely is a giant non factor. Most of these were taken from ESPN's starting lineup. Washington was set with three WRs. N.O. was set with 3 WRs, one being Reggie Bush which show cases their his versatility.

Finally, I spent more time that I would like to think on the plays. In fact, I changed them so that all the plays would be consistant throughout all the three roms. However, it looks like my extremely tired QC check failed as a pre editted version of the playbooks made it in for the Colts and most of the teams in the green rom. If you look at the Colts plays in the other two roms, you'll notice that they are both correct. I will fix when I have more time and more laptop power.

THis leads me to my final observation of the review: only mentioning the green screen and the plays being off? Sounds like you just threw the rom into FCEultra and didn't even bother to unzip it to see that it contains three different roms, a read me, plus pictures of the cart not to mention that sim data isn't mentioned.

I'll take the grade of B, B-...this rom was put together in under 4 days and is a bit rough around the edges.

However, I'll also take the comment of "Slightly better than what joe Schmoe could whip out but not by much" to be one of the most myopic statements you've ever made.

Good job on getting something out.

Here is some constructive criticism under the concept that this is an sort of original rom rating style.

QBms: Hasslebeck and Rothlisberger make some good scrambles at times but 19ms? Sorry no dice on that one. Maybe higher RS but no way are they in the Mcnabb realm. No way are they faster than Brooks.

RB's If you are going to have 69ms RB's Tomlinson souhld be in there. The OL helped Alexander more than anything.

WR's this is nitpicking but plaxico buress and chris chambers as good as owens and torry holt. Sorry not buying that one either.

Brooks Bollinger 38rs (editing mistake im sure)

Defense: Wow, as usual this is usually where tecmo roms fall apart and this one is no exception.

Robert Mathis and his 11.5 sacks completley left of the rom. Houston pass defense is turned into a juggernaut with dunta robinson lined up at db1.

Someone had a hard on for philly's db's even though they weren't even close to the best DB's this past season. Victor hobson better than Jonathan Vilma? Lance Briggs got shafted pretty hard. I could go on and on but I won't. People kind of don't get the concept of what makes a defense great in tecmo.

My grades

Ratings:

Offense: A- ( few minor quibbles but overall solid)

Defense: C (no better or worse than most of the roms I see)

Graphics: C

I cant stand the different font and the green background. The updated helmets are cool but hardly worth it. Nothing new and improved from other roms.

Default Playbooks and default team screens : D

It Doesn't look like any effort was put into this at all. For example indy's plays make no sense. A flea flicker and a rollout??!!

Team formations were obviously not changed. Ie Indy being primarily a 3WR formation.

I personally don't care about the playbooks but some might.

Total grade: B/B- Slightly better than what joe Schmoe could whip out but not by much.

Indy ran plays out of a 3WR set 83% of the time last season. WE'll see if that changes this time around Yes, they have Rhodes and Addai but I wouldn't expect too see them in the game at the same time very often. In fact I'm guessing Rhodes will be riding the pine omewhere down the line.

I do like the cart graphics and yes I did unzip to see the readme and the 3 roms. I just "assumed" that all 3 roms would have the same playbooks.

Sorry about the plays. If you changed them on the other rom than that's signifgant thing for a lot of people who like that.

Yup I missed on the sim data. My bad. I''m not going to check that so I'll give that an A.

I realized the reasoning for using the old graphics but that doesn't mean graphics should get an A because of that.

One thing that might be nice would be to just have a data file that people could choose what teams they want to export onto the rom even though they wouldn't get the right graphics or playbook.

By slightly better I mean ratings wise. If it was made in 4 days, it almost gaurantees not much thought was put into the ratings etc. Again it's mostly the defense I have an issue with. THe offense like I said was nitpicking.

Brilliant stuff folks. Question from a newb: Where do you have all the player stats posted? I saw some people talking about them up above, but where did they get that info?

Probably from opening the roms in TSBM. (Tecmo Super Bowl Manager) I'm not sure where exdactly you can download it, but I'm betting you can get it somewhere off of this site, if not, try googleing it or something.

Agreed...I was a little on the cranky side that night as I hadn't had good sleep in like 3 days.

Also, I forgot to thank him for compiling that summarized hacking tool kit because i definitely was using that.

making a complete rom in 4 days is pretty impressive, whatever the quality. I'd take a B- from bruddog any day :)

almost forgot, I wanted to comment on this as well, being a Giants fan. If any RB should get 69 MS it should be Tiki. Last year he was behind a worse O-line than both LT and Alexander and still came in second in rushing yards and averaged 5 YPC.

Also, Plax is definitely as good as TO and Torry Holt. At 6'5" he is unbeatable in one-on-one coverage, and one of the main reasons that Eli has been successful. He throws up some horrible passes sometimes, but if it's anywhere close to Burress he usually brings it down.

almost forgot, I wanted to comment on this as well, being a Giants fan. If any RB should get 69 MS it should be Tiki. Last year he was behind a worse O-line than both LT and Alexander and still came in second in rushing yards and averaged 5 YPC.

Also, Plax is definitely as good as TO and Torry Holt. At 6'5" he is unbeatable in one-on-one coverage, and one of the main reasons that Eli has been successful. He throws up some horrible passes sometimes, but if it's anywhere close to Burress he usually brings it down.

Did you relaly have to tell us you are a Giants fan? I mean, there is no way Burress is as good as TO or Holt.

You can disagree with the ratings, but they won't be changed until the end of the year. I didn't do the ratings, but in my opinion Tory Holt is the best WR in the league in terms of a combo of speed and precision route running.

Wow, I love playing this so far.

I do have a bunch of small nitpicks I found though, mostly spellig errors:

1. Cory Dillion, Todd Sauerbraun, Gus Ferotte, and Lawrence Maroney (Corey Dillon, Sauerbrun, Frerotte, and Laurence), to name a few I found without looking hard.

2. Morten Andersen's not in the game, but this was released before he signed, so no problem on that.

3. Lee Suggs is NOT a power back, he's an average speedster at best with ver little power (I'm a fan, I know).

4. Why is Willis McGahee white in this game? Because he's not.

That's all for now. Most of m nitpicks can be fixed in 15 minutes combined, so inthe grand scheme of things they're no big deal. Great game.

Packers team looks good, just a change or few for the next version:

Replace LB Abdul Hodge with LB Brady Poppinga. Poppinga is the starter and Hodge mainly plays on special teams.

Replace WR Ruvel Martin with WR Koren Robinson and put Robinson as the returners.

Replace RB Samkon Gado with RB Vernand Morency.

(obviously the 2 above are because of trades which happened after this rom was made)

Put William Henderson as the other starting back.

Driver should have more than 56rec, come on now.

Clifton and Tauscher should have better than 44hp too but the 3 in the middle are ok.

Otherwise the Pack looks good.

I figured I'd put team-based criticisms in a different post:

Colts: Why are Jim Sorgi's stats so low when he's actually played well the one game he was in?

Patriots: Depth Chart's really messed up (Maroney and Brown are starting rather than Jackson and Faulk), plus Russ isn't even on the RG depth chart (He's the backup LG)

Steelers: Santinio Holmes? Wrong. Ben Roethlisberger's a 13 speed guy IMO, but no big deal. I hate the Steelers, but looking at them I admit the are also prett spot-on.

Browns: It's Lecharles Bentley, but it might not have fit so I'll let it slide. Ralph Brown and Matt Stewart are a little high, but no biggie. You actuall got my Cleveland Browns pretty much spot on, good job.

Bengals: It's ShaYne Graham, A Y in there.

Jets: Why is Jonathan Vilma rated so low?

Texans: Why is Dunta Robinson so good? He kinda had a down year last year...

Ironically enough, I'm sturggling to find any serious NFC problems at all.

• 4 months later...