Change the number of Run and Pass Plays

jstout

Just to avoid confusion

You can not set seperate playbooks for each team.

You can only set seperate playbooks for player 1, player 2 or the cpu. This seems like it'd be a pain because you'd have to constantly be swapping plays based on which teams you choose.

So IMO this is only useful for a pass happy or run happy leauge such as the AFL.

It's useful if you have some kind of front end program that would let the player choose their number of pass/run plays before generating the rom or that would be applied to the rom.

Then you set up the rom's playbook choices to accomodate all possibilities.

Also useful for pass heavy leagues like TAFL where you ALWAYS want like 6 passes.

• 2 years later...

I've been fooling around with this and happened to discover something. I set all slots to be pass (00) because I had intended on mixing run and pass within the same slots.

If a run slot is "set to be a pass slot", but contains a run play, the MAN-controlled RB can pass the ball back to the QB - by pressing "B" before you cross the line of scrimmage. Also, if you're running a QB run and press "B", he'll pump-fake (probably throwing it to himself or something.)

This abnormality probably happens when any run play is used in a "pass slot", but I haven't went too far and checked all the possibilities.

To try it out, just go to x24193 (for player 1) and set it to "00". On any run play, you can toss it back to the QB by pressing "B", before you cross the LOS.

Byars to QB Eagles, baby! 8)

• 8 years later...