HalHawkins

Irving, TX - July 28, 2018 - Tecmo Dallas

The Retro World Series and Tecmo Tour is pleased to announce that Tecmo Dallas will be at Let's Play Gaming Expo this year on July 28, 2018 at the Irving Convention Center.

You can pre-register online, however, entry fees will be collected at the tournament desk (does not include Expo pass). We will cap entries at 32, so pre-registering is important.

Pre-register for Tecmo Dallas here: http://retroworldseries.com/2018-19-season/2018-lets-play-gaming-expo/ 

Tournament entry fee will be $20 (cash only & does not include Expo pass). You can get your Expo passes here: https://www.letsplaygamingexpo.com/registration/attendee/

Gameplay will be live streamed at twitch.tv/tecmotour and twitch.tv/retroworldseries

Doors open at 10am CST and check-in/entry fee payments will close at 10:45am CST. Tournament will start at 11am CST.

We will have a custom trophy made for the champion, as we do with all our Tecmo tournaments.

You can view our Tecmo Super Bowl tournament rules here: http://retroworldseries.com/info/gameplay-rules/versus-tournament-rules/#tecmo-super-bowl

tecmo-dallas-tw-cover-photo.jpg

tecmo-dallas-trophy.jpg

Edited by HalHawkins

This should be a good event as Hal has stepped up and added Tecmo to his already large lineup of retro games.  If I was in the area I'd go, especially if you're into his other offerings such as Super Dodge Ball, Marvel vs Capcom, and Super Offroad.

15 minutes ago, Knobbe said:

I need to speak to this tournament; last year Dave had a Tecmo Madison event here and this spring Hal took the event with no courtesy call nor notification the week before Tecmo Madison. This was also the cause of friction when Hal decided he was additionally entitled to promote his upcoming tour not on the TSB page but on the Tecmo Madison discussion page. (Why not just buy a spot on the stream of you want exposure?) Just recently he flagged the previous Dallas Facebook page as a duplicate and it was deleted.  No doubt this will all be called "business moves" but let me say that using this community to promote events while giving no regards to its members is bad business and to be frank, a complete dick move. 

Overall the Tecmo Tour seems be like a nice summer league in locations that normally don't see much action, which is great. However this particular event won't be pinned and while I'm not going to tell anyone what to do, I would personally not attend this event if I lived in Dallas.

First, this is absolutely, unsubstantiated gossip. I had no knowledge of a previously existing page, nor did I flag said page. You have no right to make a serious and public accusation such as that without even asking me about it (You have my number). I am attaching my entire Support Inbox with Facebook to prove this is a blatantly false accusation.

Second, since Dave did not respond to Let's Play Gaming Expo's request to return this year and since the Retro World Series already handles the other retro tournaments there, the Expo board passed on the responsibilities of Tecmo Dallas to the Retro World Series.

I run a professional organization. I have never engaged in nor plan to engage in any malicious behavior to impede or disrupt another person's tournament. I run retro gaming tournaments across the country and have promoted/sponsored the tournaments of others (including Madison 2016) and will continue to do so, despite these defamatory statements.

Screenshot-2018-7-4 (1) Support Inbox.png

Capture.JPG

Edited by HalHawkins

Well, I'm attending. Hal and the Retro World Series crew do a great job with the Tecmo events as well as all the other retro gaming tournaments. I highly recommend this event and any others that are partvif the Tecmo Tour

20 minutes ago, Knobbe said:

I need to speak to this tournament; last year Dave had a Tecmo Madison event here and this spring Hal took the event with no courtesy call nor notification the week before Tecmo Madison. This was also the cause of friction when Hal decided he was additionally entitled to promote his upcoming tour not on the TSB page but on the Tecmo Madison discussion page. (Why not just buy a spot on the stream of you want exposure?) Just recently he flagged the previous Dallas Facebook page as a duplicate and it was deleted.  No doubt this will all be called "business moves" but let me say that using this community to promote events while giving no regards to its members is bad business and to be frank, a complete dick move. 

Overall the Tecmo Tour seems be like a nice summer league in locations that normally don't see much action, which is great. However this particular event won't be pinned and while I'm not going to tell anyone what to do, I would personally not attend this event if I lived in Dallas.

I think Hal is being falsely accused here based on incomplete information.  Dude is running a tournament in his home state.  Last I checked, Madison is in Wisconsin, a tournament that by the organizer's own mouth said its future is uncertain.

Encouraging people to steer clear is ridiculous.  Hal has the best stream and trophies there are in Tecmo, and payouts are made the day of the event.

I believe you own him a public apology.

After reading what's been posted it seems that all the facts weren't checked and only one side of this was taken into account. This appears to be malicious attempt to hurt the Tecmo Tour and the Retro World Series brand. I never thought I'd see this happen to anyone trying to organize a Tecmo event.

4 hours ago, HalHawkins said:

First, this is absolutely, unsubstantiated gossip. I had no knowledge of a previously existing page, nor did I flag said page. You have no right to make a serious and public accusation such as that without even asking me about it (You have my number). I am attaching my entire Support Inbox with Facebook to prove this is a blatantly false accusation.

Second, since Dave did not respond to Let's Play Gaming Expo's request to return this year and since the Retro World Series already handles the other retro tournaments there, the Expo board passed on the responsibilities of Tecmo Dallas to the Retro World Series.

I run a professional organization. I have never engaged in nor plan to engage in any malicious behavior to impede or disrupt another person's tournament. I run retro gaming tournaments across the country and have promoted/sponsored the tournaments of others (including Madison 2016) and will continue to do so, despite these defamatory statements.

Capture.JPG

Since you made this post 24 hours ago the Tecmo Dallas page Dave had was removed from facebook and then you invited him to the event that you took. Someone flagged that page and if/when Dave appeals it I guess we'll know for sure.  If you didn't request the page to be removed, who did? Christian? Why wouldn't he just ask Dave first?  Seems on the up and up, huh.

The email attached from June you have is nice but you took the tournament in April...Dave found out on the Monday after the got home from Madison late Sunday.  So you certainly got it fair and square from Let's Play Gaming but not once did you ask Dave about it. "Are you planning to run this next year?" "Do you want to partner with this?" etc either because you are a person putting on tournaments that happen to have Tecmo, not a person putting on a Tecmo tournament.  It simply didn't either occur or matter to you that anyone else in this community who wanted to do the same thing would have reached out to Dave.  You did the guy wrong and i'm calling you out about it...that's the long and short of it.

5 hours ago, trojan1979 said:

Dude is running a tournament in his home state. 

Your suggestion is that Hal is entitled to run that tournament because he is in Dallas. I disagree with that opinion.

5 hours ago, trojan1979 said:

Last I checked, Madison is in Wisconsin

What is this supposed to mean?

4 hours ago, suicideking81 said:

After reading what's been posted it seems that all the facts weren't checked and only one side of this was taken into account. This appears to be malicious attempt to hurt the Tecmo Tour and the Retro World Series brand. I never thought I'd see this happen to anyone trying to organize a Tecmo event.

I don't have a problem with the Tecmo Tour or the Retro World Series as my previous tweets would indicate. The problem I have is with this particular event and I've stated my reasons why.  It's fine with me if people go or people don't go.

1 hour ago, Knobbe said:

Your suggestion is that Hal is entitled to run that tournament because he is in Dallas. I disagree with that opinion.

What is this supposed to mean?

Fair enough.  I'll cite then Hal's the most qualified to run it since he doesn't have to outsource literally everything needed to run a tournament there, which from eyewitness was done at the last one.  Stream setup, carts, controllers, screens, and consoles were all sourced by multiple players and/or LPGE, not TM.  RWS brings more value hands down.  And oh yeah, he's already there running tournaments that weekend, so he's the most qualified person, probably in the country, much less the region to do it.

Since when do guys have territorial rights to do Tecmo events? I wouldn't expect anyone wanting to do a Tecmo event in southern Louisiana to ask my approval. I dont own territorial rights to any region/city. 

And to be fair, I'm sure Hal wouldn't be doing Tecmo Dallas unless LPGE gave approval because I'm sure Dave was their first choice. But LPGE made the right call in having someone step in and do the event instead of have it not happen at all. 

I'm just starting to get the sense that guys are feeling threatened by the Tecmo Tour for whatever reason. 

I've seen many issues happen in Tecmo for various reasons (I've been part of some) but this is a low point and I'm saddened at where this negativity has come from.

1 hour ago, Knobbe said:

Since you made this post 24 hours ago the Tecmo Dallas page Dave had was removed from facebook and then you invited him to the event that you took. Someone flagged that page and if/when Dave appeals it I guess we'll know for sure.  If you didn't request the page to be removed, who did? Christian? Why wouldn't he just ask Dave first?  Seems on the up and up, huh.

The email attached from June you have is nice but you took the tournament in April...Dave found out on the Monday after the got home from Madison late Sunday.  So you certainly got it fair and square from Let's Play Gaming but not once did you ask Dave about it. "Are you planning to run this next year?" "Do you want to partner with this?" etc either because you are a person putting on tournaments that happen to have Tecmo, not a person putting on a Tecmo tournament.  It simply didn't either occur or matter to you that anyone else in this community who wanted to do the same thing would have reached out to Dave.  You did the guy wrong and i'm calling you out about it...that's the long and short of it.

You've offered no proof that a 2nd FB even existed. I had no knowledge it existed. Also, I'm a contractor for the conventions I work for. I run the tournaments they request or approve because its their event and their money. I am also under no obligation to Dave for anything.

To say I took it in April is absolutely false. Christian told me that it was Dave's to run if he wanted it well before that. As far as I know. Let's Play did contact Dave and Dave announcing his hiatus from Tecmo and not responding to Let's Play's requests for him to return changed the direction they wanted to take. This was the call by Let's Play in June. It was not my responsibility to reach out to Dave. Dave had his chance and didn't take it. My only obligation and concern is my client's needs.

I am going to have to demand a  fullretraction and apology. You have not offered any evidence that I've done anything wrong. I have shown that the accusation against me on reporting Dave's alleged FB page is false. I have shown that the accusation that I took the event without Dave's knowledge is false. I know he has communicated with Christian in the past 2 months. I know that Christian emailed him asking him if he wanted to return. Dave gave no indication that he was going to return. If you want to know the full story, contact Christian. I was not party to their conversations. I only know what Christian told me.

Disparaging my business and defaming my character like this with only speculation rather than true evidence is absolutely unacceptable.

10 hours ago, suicideking81 said:

Since when do guys have territorial rights to do Tecmo events?

They don't. The point of contention is that Dave had the tournament at this particular event and it was taken from him.

11 hours ago, trojan1979 said:

Fair enough.  I'll cite then Hal's the most qualified to run it since he doesn't have to outsource literally everything needed to run a tournament there, which from eyewitness was done at the last one.  Stream setup, carts, controllers, screens, and consoles were all sourced by multiple players and/or LPGE, not TM.  RWS brings more value hands down.  And oh yeah, he's already there running tournaments that weekend, so he's the most qualified person, probably in the country, much less the region to do it.

Your argument is that Dave doesn't deserve to have this tournament because he cannot service it in the manner that seems fit to you and thus manifest destiny applies is in no way a surprise. At all.

10 hours ago, HalHawkins said:

You've offered no proof that a 2nd FB even existed. I had no knowledge it existed. Also, I'm a contractor for the conventions I work for. I run the tournaments they request or approve because its their event and their money. I am also under no obligation to Dave for anything.

To say I took it in April is absolutely false. Christian told me that it was Dave's to run if he wanted it well before that. As far as I know. Let's Play did contact Dave and Dave announcing his hiatus from Tecmo and not responding to Let's Play's requests for him to return changed the direction they wanted to take. This was the call by Let's Play in June. It was not my responsibility to reach out to Dave. Dave had his chance and didn't take it. My only obligation and concern is my client's needs.

I am going to have to demand a  fullretraction and apology. You have not offered any evidence that I've done anything wrong. I have shown that the accusation against me on reporting Dave's alleged FB page is false. I have shown that the accusation that I took the event without Dave's knowledge is false. I know he has communicated with Christian in the past 2 months. I know that Christian emailed him asking him if he wanted to return. Dave gave no indication that he was going to return. If you want to know the full story, contact Christian. I was not party to their conversations. I only know what Christian told me.

Disparaging my business and defaming my character like this with only speculation rather than true evidence is absolutely unacceptable.

Did you ever talk to Dave about this?

This is the thread on this site you are using to advertise your event.  One thing you can do is continue to go rounds with me which I prefer not to do but I can.  Another thing you can do is to try and make this right and I'm not the one who is wronged here. Think about what you want to accomplish here.

Do we know for 100% certainty that this was ripped from Dave's hands with him having the intent to put on Tecmo Dallas? With Dave publicly stating a little while back that he's taking a break from Tecmo and hinted at maybe Madison will take a hiatus along with the evidence provided in the above post (email from LPGE to Dave and Hal) it seems as though Dave didn't have the intent to do Tecmo Dallas.  Did Dave say yes to doing the event? Did Dave say no? Did Dave just never respond to being asked? Was LPGE supposed to not ask Hal to do the event? At the end of the day its their expo and can choose who ever they want to do this event. 

As of now there is only 1 person (Hal Hawkins) that is directly connected to this whole situation that has commented here to provide facts/evidence that he has done nothing wrong and to defend/protect his business nameDave has not responded to any of it himself. Maybe the LPGE staff can elaborate as well. 

I just can't believe this event is being bashed for what appears to be no wrong doing 

57 minutes ago, suicideking81 said:

Do we know for 100% certainty that this was ripped from Dave's hands with him having the intent to put on Tecmo Dallas? With Dave publicly stating a little while back that he's taking a break from Tecmo and hinted at maybe Madison will take a hiatus along with the evidence provided in the above post (email from LPGE to Dave and Hal) it seems as though Dave didn't have the intent to do Tecmo Dallas.  Did Dave say yes to doing the event? Did Dave say no? Did Dave just never respond to being asked? Was LPGE supposed to not ask Hal to do the event? At the end of the day its their expo and can choose who ever they want to do this event. 

As of now there is only 1 person (Hal Hawkins) that is directly connected to this whole situation that has commented here to provide facts/evidence that he has done nothing wrong and to defend/protect his business nameDave has not responded to any of it himself. Maybe the LPGE staff can elaborate as well. 

I just can't believe this event is being bashed for what appears to be no wrong doing 

April 9th Dave knew. (Madison was the 7th) This won't make or break whether or not Dave intends to do Madison next year but it certainly didn't help. It would have been really easy to directly ask Dave whether he intended to continue in Dallas and in hindsight most definitely I think there would have been zero issue.  That's not what was done. That still isn't what has been done.

39 minutes ago, suicideking81 said:

If the FB page was taken down there should be some sort of notification via FB. Can a screenshot be posted of this notification?

Yesterday was the 4th, a legal holiday.  When I find out the exact details, I'll post them.  If I"m wrong, I'll apologize.  If it's from an anonymous source I'm sticking to my story and I'll let the Law and Order fans sort it out.  If it was someone in this thread and I have to be the one to post it we will have a situation.  Hopefully someone thought to us an IP anonymizer 

And for the record Troy this is me, Tecmobowl.org Matt Knobbe owner, not me Tecmo Madison member.  TM is not my event.  I simply help out because I want it happen.  That you need to make things adversarial on your adversarial discord server where there isn't any actual competition between these are any other events is just part of the strategy I guess.

image.png

27 minutes ago, Knobbe said:

And for the record Troy this is me, Tecmobowl.org Matt Knobbe owner, not me Tecmo Madison member.  TM is not my event.  I simply help out because I want it happen.  That you need to make things adversarial on your adversarial discord server where there isn't any actual competition between these are any other events is just part of the strategy I guess.

image.png

That's funny because you are on staff over there at TM, and are speaking on their behalf.

So there's a conspiracy now? 

32 minutes ago, Knobbe said:

Yesterday was the 4th, a legal holiday.  When I find out the exact details, I'll post them.  If I"m wrong, I'll apologize.  

If this proves to be the case, wont it be too late to undo potential damages/negative "publicity" to the event and Retro World Series?

A guy in your position can essentially make or break a potential Tecmo event with the platform you've provided here.

2 minutes ago, suicideking81 said:

So there's a conspiracy now? 

If this proves to be the case, wont it be too late to undo potential damages/negative "publicity" to the event and Retro World Series?

A guy in your position can essentially make or break a potential Tecmo event with the platform you've provided here.

There are a billion facebook pages out there and they just don't DMCA report themselves