Sign in to follow this  
arncoem

1991 predictions

1991 is here & with it new divisions & rivalries! 

Here’s my predictions: 

AFC east

NO: 10-6

KC: 10-6 

Rams: 9-7

TB: 4-12

NO w/ NOS is always going to be the favorite as last season he played w a nothing team & had best record in aFC.  I think KC w/ new coach Tecmobo & stud RB Bo jackson makes a very tight race between NO/KC for the division & other getting the wildcard 

If Rams finish 11-5 it wouldn’t be a surprise & this div could send both wildcard teams from. 

Tampa w the best roster top to bottom will continue to get 1 win better each season as were 3-13 last season. 

AFC central 

nYG 12-4

Miami 11-5

NYJ 8-8

Seattle 3-13

NYG/Miami 2 games are going to be the 2 best Tecmo games of the season as both owners can play at upper echelon levels - and both have rosters that are perfectly put together for them. 

Look for Emmit to dominate this season baring an injury. 

Miam’s pass attack is ridiculous & his LBs are OMG nasty.  I would LOVE to have both games sent to Prime for streaming 

NYJ- T bone made the playoffs last season by winning div for the first time - his offense is a good team w 63pc Rypien, 50ms terry allen, and 63ms/75rec WR Flipper Andersen & even marv Cook at TE  Problem is QB is 6ms so he is vunerable To sacks & on defense All world LB LT aged.  He still is going to be a beast but that 56 to 50rp, and 50 to 44int will show at the end of the season as his ints will take a hit.  

This team lives and dies w LT.  If LT gets favorable conditions then watch out but I see 8-8 (give or take 1 game either way) is realistic. 

Seattle - Eifer is taking his bumps along the way- he is headed in the right direction just going to take a little while to get there. He has a fun roster that is only behind TB for top to bottom talent & he can take over w LB as his rookie last season hit a gain & lead the league in sacks.  If Eric Allen can pitch in this season w 4-6 ints that’s all Eifer will need to go from 2 wins to 4 win team.  Expect them to give NyG, NYJ. miami tough Games later in season. 

AFC West 

SF ??

Pitt 9-7

ATL 8-8

Cin 5-11

being my division I won’t give a prediction for my team on W-Ls.  coming off the best record last season but a tough loss to PHI in playoffs hurt my team.  Marino hit his first gain in his 8th season so 69pc should make the 2x MVP more efficient - Rookie Gary brown hit great roll to be 50ms, Sam graddy is now 44rec which won’t matter coming From Marino & Lonnie young hit his 2nd straight gain to be at 69int.  All that taken into consideration SF should dominate their division but I wouldn’t be surprised if they take a step back vs the new division foes. 

Pitt - DT won the title last season & hit 2 gains to important positions, WR & DB.  This could be another average reg season for him or he could go on a vendetta destroying everyone for doubting him last playoffs. 9-7 I think will be close & if he’s in playoffs he’s the favorite for aFc to go to Bowl again. 

ATL - the skill is there but the roster is missing that 1 standout bonefide stud. Kosar is 50pc - rb 50ms - wr Moore is 56/50 & if wasn’t for his 56ms would be only offense player w a number higher than 50. 

Defense same thing. A lot of Average 50 numbers.  Their lone 63ms dB is a rookie w 44int. 

Even so prime finds a way to be 8-8 maybe 9-7. 

Bengals

madtown is getting better each season (A LOT better) & his roster is interesting as he has the studs at RB (Humphrey), DL (Washington 75hp), LB (Romanowski, aged Singletary, & Andre Tippett), & DB (Chuck Cecil 50ms w/ high Hp & Leroy Butler 69/50) 

but they lack a quality QB as Erik kramer & Andre Ware are both 44pc.  Kramer has 75 avoid block which helps him let the ball go but he’s 6ms.  Ware is 19ms but 31 avoid pass block & he was in Oakland as a backup last season. On a plus note Madtown had Flutie w same numbers as Ware so he will be comfortable throwing the ball since he did w/ flutie For good yards.  

Look for Bengals to be 5-11 bc of the competitive division they’re in. 

Who will take on NFC? 

Edited by arncoem

NFC Predictions:

East    
    BUF.    tadaos    11-5
    WAS.    Joe Gibbs    10-6

DAL.    Jimmy Johnson    9-7

CLE.    Marty Schottenheimer    3-13

BUF - I believe this will be a strong bounce-back season for tadaos.  One of the more skilled NFC owners, he had a nice gain at RB and added some good rookies in the draft.  It's a much stronger Bills team than last season and the record should reflect as such.

WAS - This solid roster with the best LB corps in the league and a solid owner in Cubsfan should be back in the playoffs this season.  The only weaknesses are at RB and DB, which are still servicable given the team's other strengths.

DAL - It wouldn't shock me if Jesus finished with a few more wins, or a few more losses.  The main problem is the offense, which is slow and average.  Elite DB Eric Wright returns again but has aged and is a step slower as he enters the twilight of his legendary career.

CLE -  The roster is strong in Cleveland, but the coach is still looking for the right scheme.  Rookie Brett Favre may be riding the bench for a season, as the erratic but speedy Randall Cunningham provides veteran leadership.  I expect another early draft pick for the Browns in this very difficult division.

Central
     CHI.    Ryan11p  10-6

G.B     Stalltalk    8-8
    HOU.    purplehaze    7-9
     MIN.    barletti  6-10

CHI - This is a very good all-around team, with no real weakness at any position.  The front seven is up there with Washington as perhaps the best in the league.  Bruiser Kevin Mack leads an excellent offense.  I expect for Ryan to eek out the division in a closely contested battle with the other members.

G.B. -  Similar to Dallas, coach Stalltalk might win a few more games (or lose a few more) depending on how this roster performs.  The team is weak at all positions except for WR and RB, where star player Eric Dickerson is good enough to carry the offense.  But will it be enough to compete for a playoff spot?

HOU - Former champ purplehaze returns with another depleted NFC roster.  The team has a few stars on defense, led by Vann McElroy.  But offense has some major concerns; will Rosey Rosenbach, Cris Carter and Keith Woodside have enough juice to keep up with opponents?  I'm guessing they'll come up short in some key matchups.

MIN - Barletti fields a strong roster led by legendary QB Steve Young.  RB might be the only weak spot, where the team is still good enough to move the chains.  The defense has raging bull Derrick Thomas leading the way, with the young stud Eric Turner manning the secondary.  If the coach can keep these guys motivated, the sky may be the limit for the Vikes.

West    
    PHI.    Oklahoma.Bo  13-3

OAK.    rmm1976    10-6

N.E.     Dukesta151  9-7    
    PHX.    drake  4-12

PHI - The odds on favorite to make it back to the Super Bowl again, the Eagles are back with another very strong roster.  Led by QB Jim Harbaugh and veteran RB Otis "O.J." Anderson, the offense will be difficult to stop.  Perhaps the only weakness is at WR.  The defense has a gaining Wayne Haddix and a strong front seven.  The Eagles should breeze to another division title.

OAK - Warren Moon has retired, and rookie stalwart Dan McGwire steps in to try and lead the Raidazz back to the playoffs.  The good news is, the rest of last year's team is back including defensive phenom Albert Lewis and leading receiver Mike Quick.  A playoff spot should be within reach.

NE - Led by the lightning quick Thurman Thomas, the Patriots run game will be very strong.  But will QB Billy Joe Tolliver limit turnovers when forced to throw?  That is the big question for this New England team.  If so, a few more wins are a possibility.  The defense is above average with a well-rounded secondary and the legendary Howie Long, and should get some stops.

PHX - Coach drake is back and hoping to get more wins out of this young team with perhaps the lowest salary cap hit in the league.  The good news is Barry Foster gained and the defensive secondary drafted Merton Hanks, and has improved.  The bad news, there are still holes at QB, WR and elsewhere.  And it won't be easy to score points against the division opponents with Foster being the only threat.

Raging bull DT.. you got a gift for writeups man, keep them coming!

- I agree putting BUF at the top this year time to recognize as tadaos has put a couple seasons in and his roster shows the effort has paid off

- I like the purple and gold to also step up this year and take a up for grabs division, get em bull