Sign in to follow this  
davefmurray

Update: Where I've Been

Sorry for not being more responsive.

I was waiting to make a huge announcement involving our tournament manager with customizable data points where you can literally make a reactive database for ANY title you wish, but, then the unthinkable happened.

In the last 8 weeks, I bought a business and moved to Jacksonville from Tampa to run said business. In addition, my Tecmo Madison partner and best friend (Casey) took his own life. Tecmo has been a bit of a sore spot since and I've pretty much checked out on it since that happened.

A lot of you met and got to know Casey. He was a super happy, creative and talented man. He really enjoyed building the new Tecmo Madison, the new responsive database and our esports tournament manager which we were about to roll out.

I hope this feeling passes but as of now, every time I look at what we built, I tear up a bit. Going from talking to someone nearly every day to then trying to understand what they did is super, super heavy. If you're a praying man, say prayers for his family and also mine. There is a lot of hurt and confusion going around.

As of now, I have zero Tecmo plans in the near future. I am swamped with work but also have a heavy heart. 

If you are hurting, reach out. You know me. I love all of you and would give you my all and have in many cases. Let this be a lesson to us all and let's not bury anyone else anytime soon.

This is terribly sad. My sincerest condolences to his family and those searching for answers. I'm sure many are replaying events and conversations over and over again. Truth is, there's no way to know how deep the demons inside were. I know it's easy for me to say, but I've been there... Don't carry his weight and just try to be the best for each other and his family as you can. If you need a sounding board you know you can get at me. Much love bro

I am so sorry for your loss and can't even imagine what your families are going through right now.  Thoughts and prayers headed your way.  

Is there a GoFundMe page (or something of that nature) setup for his family where we can come along side you to help in any way?   

As great as Tecmo is, the community you have helped establish and grow is what truly makes it special.

My sincerest condolences Dave. Tecmo Bros >>>>>> Tecmo and you are a living testament to that with the amount of Tecmo Bro creations and connections you've facilitated over the years. Love and peace to you my man