Lions - Barry Sanders

Packers - Sterling Sharpe

Vikings - Anthony Carter

Buccaneers - Wayne Haddix

49ers - Jerry Rice

Rams - Kevin Greene

Saints - Craig Heyward

Falcons - Andre Rison

I've got to dispute some of these, nothing but love of course.  There are other ones I had other thoughts on, but these I'm certain of.

Bills - QB Bills is a near perfect QB, only limited by his 13MS, who's 81 PC turns Lofton and Reed into absolute studs at WR, CC's galore.  As good as Thurman is, his reception stat isn't as big of a factor, as you don't have a Johnny Bailey level player to replace him at tailback, and you already have Lofton and Reed on the outside, and QB Bills is throwing to him already.  His BC stat does put him on a similar plane as Bo, but the teams he will face have elite defenses that can bottle him up, mainly the Giants.  Is he a factor?  Absolutely, but QB Bills makes this team go in the hands of elite players.  Thurman is another cog in the no huddle machine.

Patriots - Ronnie Lippett is an elite defender for that tier.  As good as Marv is, players can key on his whereabouts when defending the Pats.  He's a one trick pony on a terrible offense, and get the ball to him can be a chore, or a gamble.  Wilson is known to lob it over his head, or into the hot dog vendor.  The Pats themselves have multiple usable man defenders, and I think Lippett stands out more vs his opposition.

Chiefs - DT, a defender so great, teams will change their playbook to run directly at him to neutralize him, and even then, he is often able to defeat the blocking scheme.  As LB1's go, only LT is more feared.  His only downside being a low INT stat of 19.

Redskins - both Ricky Sanders(maximum speed) and Art Monk(hitting power) at WR are better options than Gary Clark.  Not having your WR popcorned on a run by LB Keith Millard is a big deal in the extremely popular Vikes - Skins matchup.  In the hardcore format, Sanders is often used as a RB, making him even more effective and irreplaceable.  Sanders is my MVP.

Cardinals - The safety tandem is enough to lock down most teams in their tier alone.  Lonnie Young is an elite defender, with obnoxious speed.  As good as Johnny's speed is for the tier, the hidden stats aren't enough to impact the way that Lonnie Young does.

On 6/18/2018 at 7:15 AM, trojan1979 said:

Cardinals - The safety tandem is enough to lock down most teams in their tier alone.  Lonnie Young is an elite defender, with obnoxious speed.  As good as Johnny's speed is for the tier, the hidden stats aren't enough to impact the way that Lonnie Young does.

I'm a bigger Lonnie Young fan than anyone on this site, and have used him as my primary defender for most of my 25 year Tecmo career, but this statement has got to be the most far fetched, C'Mon Man typa statement I have ever heard on this site.  Not only is Johnny Johnson the most ELITE offensive weapon in Tecmo Superbowl, your talkin' about "team" MVP's.........Lonnie Young is not good, he's GREAT, and if he had decent hitting power, he'd be one of the best defensive weapons in the whole game.  It's nice to get stops and picks............BUT............take Johnny Johnson away from the Cards???  Now what.  What do you have.  Maybe the worst team on the game........who's gonna move the ball......who's gonna score.......who's gonna do absolutely fucc!n anything a formitable Tecmobowl tournament opponent has to take seriously.............................................................That's MY point.

On 6/18/2018 at 7:15 AM, trojan1979 said:

I've got to dispute some of these, nothing but love of course.  There are other ones I had other thoughts on, but these I'm certain of.

Bills - QB Bills is a near perfect QB, only limited by his 13MS, who's 81 PC turns Lofton and Reed into absolute studs at WR, CC's galore.  As good as Thurman is, his reception stat isn't as big of a factor, as you don't have a Johnny Bailey level player to replace him at tailback, and you already have Lofton and Reed on the outside, and QB Bills is throwing to him already.  His BC stat does put him on a similar plane as Bo, but the teams he will face have elite defenses that can bottle him up, mainly the Giants.  Is he a factor?  Absolutely, but QB Bills makes this team go in the hands of elite players.  Thurman is another cog in the no huddle machine.

Patriots - Ronnie Lippett is an elite defender for that tier.  As good as Marv is, players can key on his whereabouts when defending the Pats.  He's a one trick pony on a terrible offense, and get the ball to him can be a chore, or a gamble.  Wilson is known to lob it over his head, or into the hot dog vendor.  The Pats themselves have multiple usable man defenders, and I think Lippett stands out more vs his opposition.

Chiefs - DT, a defender so great, teams will change their playbook to run directly at him to neutralize him, and even then, he is often able to defeat the blocking scheme.  As LB1's go, only LT is more feared.  His only downside being a low INT stat of 19.

Redskins - both Ricky Sanders(maximum speed) and Art Monk(hitting power) at WR are better options than Gary Clark.  Not having your WR popcorned on a run by LB Keith Millard is a big deal in the extremely popular Vikes - Skins matchup.  In the hardcore format, Sanders is often used as a RB, making him even more effective and irreplaceable.  Sanders is my MVP.

I can see QB Bills. Being an Oilers fan it always sucked going up against a jacked up Thurmanator in the playoffs. So I could be jaded in my opinion. 

DT is fierce but playing as Okoye is so much damn fun. Leaving a trail of defenders who got popcorned to oblivion never gets old.

On 6/21/2018 at 9:12 PM, SBlueman said:

I can see QB Bills. Being an Oilers fan it always sucked going up against a jacked up Thurmanator in the playoffs. So I could be jaded in my opinion. 

DT is fierce but playing as Okoye is so much damn fun. Leaving a trail of defenders who got popcorned to oblivion never gets old.

Okoye is a beast, but it's a shame he suffers from fumbleitis.

• 2 months later...

Bills-Bruce Smith

Colts-Bill Brooks

Dolphins-Dan Marino

Patriots-Ronnie Lippett

Jets-Dennis Byrd

Benglas-David Fulcher

Browns-QB Browns (Bernie Kosar)

Oilers-Warren Moon

Steelers-Rod Woodson

Broncos-Bobby Humphrey

Chiefs-Christian Okoye