Sign in to follow this  
tecmobo

HSTL Season 45 Preview and Draft Grades - AFC Central

AFC CENTRAL

OILERS

OILERS1

Best Pick - PHX DBs at #30

Worst Pick - None

Outlook - Stall put together a nice team with no major weaknesses. PHX DBs will do work and can play conditions, with help from Childress against the run game. Simms will have to be precise and get some help from a 44ms rushing attack in Woodside, but as long as the offense doesn't make mistakes this will be a tough team to beat.

Prediction: 10-6

BROWNS

BROWNS1

Best Pick - MIN LBs at #74

Worst Pick - PHX OL at #130

Outlook - Marino will be throwing lasers to the RAI WRs, with just enough of a rushing game from the two NYJs 44ms RBs to prevent a 4-play playbook. Defensively, things were going to get very bleak if one of the NYJ/MIN/BUF LB corps weren't available in the third round, and even with Merriwether and the CLE DBs there will be games where the defense feels paper thin (namely against the RAI with QB Browns/AC, and KC with Deberg and RAMS WRs). If Marino can get the ball to his spots before the defense can get there, it could be a strong season.

Prediction: 10-6

BENGALS

BENGALS1

Best Pick - DET RBs at #12

Worst Pick - PIT OL at #124

Outlook - I really like the team Eifer put together here. He secured Barry, Gray to put at WR, and then the mobile QB tandem of Peete/Ware in the 2nd round, followed up with DET DBs in the third. So basically he has Detroit is what I'm trying to say. Add in a 50rp SD LB and this is a strong contender for the division. But problems will develop if the CLE WRs aren't enough of a threat to stretch the field or make defenders call pass. Expect a solid season in a tough division, with playoffs a possibility but not assured.

Prediction: 9-7

STEELERS

STEELERS1

Best Pick - TB DBs at #16

Worst Pick - WAS LBs at #153

Outlook - You can tell when a team is put together with purpose. Haddix in first round = defense complete. Emmitt in 2nd round plus DEN WRs and Tolliver will keep defenses on their toes. A very strong OL in round 5 was a great pick too, after which there was a significant HP dropoff. The only major error here was picking WAS LBs instead of MIN DL in round 6. Doleman would have been a huge asset both against weak OL and as a nickelback in 3rd or 4th down situations. So I'm happy you didn't pick him :). I still love this team, but misthrows by Tolliver and offenses being able to isolate Haddix will keep Tundra in the 3rd or 4th spot in the division.

Prediction: 7-9