Cleveland, OH - 08/04/18 - Tecmo (Jam) Cleveland 2018

Couldn’t have said it any better myself weapon.

i can only go by personal experience so here goes. Tecmo Cleveland was my first tecmo tourney ever and I don’t think I could have started at a better event. The majority of the group of players and people I had met that day were great. No one that I came across was a douche bag and all seemed willing to help others out with the rules/playing the game under the tourney rules. So even if you’re a newcomer you’re met with open arms in this community of gamers.  

I always find it amazing that these games like tecmo (ice hockey, mk2, street fighter, ken Griffey, etc) all manage to garner a good crowd of people and good times all because of the fond memories we had playing it growing up.

Ultimateweapon is 100% right on tom, couldn’t have said it better myself... the guy is a trooper and is the main reason for this event and how great it is. As a noob going into last years event I thought it was excellently run and was done so in a organized manner. The venue was great, the sponsors were fantastic, the t-shirt I got with my buy in is still in my wardrobe rotation (fashionable yet still a shameless plug) The tournament felt like it zoomed by, and considering there were 63 contenders and mort to deal with, I’d say tom did a hell of a job. Like I said he’s a trooper. He does a hell of a job spreading himself out to everyone with questions/comments/concerns throughout the tourney. 

So in short, tecmo Cleveland is like the tony danza of tecmo tourneys a it’s garbage picking, field goal kicking, close to Philadelphia phenemon..... sadly that is the best anology I can come up with at the time, since there are no good Cleveland football movies (if you say draft day we will fight)

13 hours ago, kmolnar3298 said:

So in short, tecmo Cleveland is like the tony danza of tecmo tourneys a it’s garbage picking, field goal kicking, close to Philadelphia phenemon..... sadly that is the best anology I can come up with at the time, since there are no good Cleveland football movies (if you say draft day we will fight)

Jim Brown was in Any Given Sunday ???

On 7/5/2018 at 2:21 PM, The Ultimate Weapon said:

Tom has done an amazing job with Tecmo Cleveland - running promotional satellite events leading up to the tournaments, getting sponsors, media exposure and growing the community in Northeast Ohio (and beyond), etc.  It's hard to fathom the number of man hours and personal investment he has poured into this.  The man has a passion for Tecmo Super Bowl and retro gaming in general!  Great guy who wants to see our community continue to grow and thrive.  Tecmo Cleveland II promises to be more of the same fun from last year with an added bonus of an NBA Jam TE tournament on Sunday.  

Last year Tom had over 64 guys come out the first year he opened this tournament to the public.  This year, there will be even more opportunities to play and win as he has increased the number of games each person will play and added a consolation bracket.   If you live within a reasonable driving distance, this is a no brainer.  Even if you don't, Tom will make sure your time is well spent!

I have been to Tecmo Madison, Midwest, Detroit, Buffalo, Columbus, Cleveland and others,  I also used to run a number of smaller tournaments in the Cleveland area.  I couldn't be happier to endorse, assist with and participate in this event.  If you are on the fence, don't hesitate to sign up! 

Spot on. I made the two-hour trip up to Tecmo Cleveland last year after hanging out with a few Clevelander friends the night before. Well worth it. Had a great time and would definitely be going back this year except for being out of the country that weekend. Bummer. Hope to make it in '19!

On 7/8/2018 at 8:33 PM, ACSlater said:

Spot on. I made the two-hour trip up to Tecmo Cleveland last year after hanging out with a few Clevelander friends the night before. Well worth it. Had a great time and would definitely be going back this year except for being out of the country that weekend. Bummer. Hope to make it in '19!

There is a good crew from southeastern Ohio coming. Good as in good time, not sure about the Tecmo skill, unfortunately I will also be out of the continental U.S. that weekend which is a bummer. But I am going to give someone going some money and have them pick me up a tee shirt, size XXL. Will def make it in 2019 if not on vacation!

Last year was a blast, Tom goes above and beyond for this tournament. Still one of the best after tourney times I've had. Playing Sega/SNES at the 16 bit bar with the whole bar chanting to Family Feud. Then spending $18 on gas station food and watching @red98sethuthut destroy a gas station burrito...good times.

3 hours ago, JimSocks13 said:

There is a good crew from southeastern Ohio coming. Good as in good time, not sure about the Tecmo skill, unfortunately I will also be out of the continental U.S. that weekend which is a bummer. But I am going to give someone going some money and have them pick me up a tee shirt, size XXL. Will def make it in 2019 if not on vacation!

Last year was a blast, Tom goes above and beyond for this tournament. Still one of the best after tourney times I've had. Playing Sega/SNES at the 16 bit bar with the whole bar chanting to Family Feud. Then spending $18 on gas station food and watching @red98sethuthut destroy a gas station burrito...good times.

Don't recall dat burrito. all I remeber was my wrists were killing me playing 4man Tennage mutant ninja turtles at the beercade w/ u @OL' Dirty Tecmo and @Woodshed 

On 4/24/2018 at 5:04 PM, TecmoCleveland said:

Dates for Tecmo (Jam) Cleveland 2018 are 99% likely to be August 4th - August 5th, 2018. 

www.tecmocleveland.com or www.tecmojamcleveland.com for details

Tickets to go on sale this week and prices to remain consistent with 2017 pricing, which is a plus! 

August 4th will be Tecmo Super Bowl tournament and August 5th will be NBA Jam TE tournament. More details to follow, thanks for your patience. 

Tom Jenkins

[email protected]

Coverage from local news last night and this morning - Tecmo Jam Cleveland looks to be promising! 

http://www.cleveland19.com/story/38647449/retro-tecmo-jam-cleveland-tourney-promises-bragging-rights-cash-prizes

14 minutes ago, kmolnar3298 said:

Wait wait wait.....  so then people can only pick Melina/katana/Baraka against you? 

Random Select

Tecmo Cleveland was a blast last year.  The work Tom has put in to run the tourney(s) and all the events leading up to them in the past year is amazing.  The tecmo community in north east ohio has grown quite a bit and led to friendships and a lot of fun games.  I look forward to playing until my thumbs break next week.