Informational Video on Lurching

TheRook

Hello, I made a video about lurching and some things I have learned about it related to the Tecmo Madison rule set. 

I'd appreciate any opinions or criticism you may have on this video.  The video is currently in the unlisted status.  I have not yet made it for public access on youtube as I wanted some feedback before I do that, in case the video needed some updating or any of the given information was inaccurate.  Let me know what you think and if you are okay with me placing the video in public status so people can search for lurching on youtube and find the video.

Edited by TheRook

• 2 weeks later...
  • 7 months later...

imo your example isn't a lurch.  your nt made a football move by running left and then running through the hole before dive tackling the rb.  

I agree that player 1 had no ability to control the rb however that's the play design and subsequently good defense.  there are plenty of these examples.  what about flea flickers, or reverse runs, etc.

imo a lurch is immediately pushing the b button allowing the nt to dive through the OL.  if there is a football move then pressing the b button then it isn't a lurch.