Tacoma, WA - 07/28/18 - Cascadia Effin' Tecmo Season 2

kamphuna8

3 hours ago, kamphuna8 said:

23 Days! In just over 3 weeks, the members of Cascadia Fuckin' Tecmo will converge in Tacoma for a live season where we have already drafted our teams using a salary cap. These are the #23's in Tecmo Super Bowl.

First up, the guys who have had no play and won't come July 28th.

23 Barry Word.jpg23 Barry Word1.jpg23 Heath Sherman.jpg23 Rod McSwain.jpg23 Anthony Johnson.jpg23 Mel Gray.jpg

Interesting note about Barry Word which was why I included the back of his card which provided some details around him being NFL Comeback player of the year.

Gayle Shaun.jpg

.Man I just read up on that whole Shaun Gayle case where his 7months pregnant GF was gunned down by a former GF in cold blooded murder. The details are not pretty. Gayle played in CFT 1 for @boogiewithstu's BEARS1

The 23s who will debut in season 2 of CFT include.

Davis Kenneth.jpg

Davis will play for @TheProfessor's LIONS1

23 Richard Johnson.jpg

Dick Dick will terrorize QBs for @manYo720's CHIEFS1

23 Troy Stradford.jpg

Troy Stradford will be part of the RB by committee that is the Dolphins RBs for @XtraLargent's RAIDERS1

And then there's this guy...

23 Sammy Winder.jpg

Sammy Winder was with the Broncos for much of the 80s during their Elway not quite super successful seasons and he was a key part with what success they had. Winder will play for Joey B after helping @DT.'s make a run to the CFT 1 super bowl.

23 Todd Bowles.jpg

Just wanted to say thanks for updating this thread - counting down with the jersey numbers of players in Tecmo is an awesome idea.  Considering the number of views this thread has I'm sure many others enjoy reading this every time they visit the forums.  I wish I lived closer and could participate in this league - I ran a similar setup a few years back for a one day tournament where everyone built teams with a salary cap (Stone Age Gamer Franchise Bowl) but a draft and full season, playoffs, etc. is definitely next level stuff!

10 minutes ago, The Ultimate Weapon said:

Just wanted to say thanks for updating this thread - counting down with the jersey numbers of players in Tecmo is an awesome idea.  Considering the number of views this thread has I'm sure many others enjoy reading this every time they visit the forums.  I wish I lived closer and could participate in this league - I ran a similar setup a few years back for a one day tournament where everyone built teams with a salary cap (Stone Age Gamer Franchise Bowl) but a draft and full season, playoffs, etc. is definitely next level stuff!

Thanks man!

Next year we'll start the countdown at #99 so that we can bring it home (eventually) starting with Jerome.

I wish these forums got used more, I've been using the shit out of it for research into hacking recently (mostly graphics which has been kind of a Pandora's box). And I'm pretty pumped with what I've learned and have been able to do, all the while not affecting anything to do with actually gameplay.

I heard of your tournament with that salary cap, I think we're using the same one. Doing a draft with the salary cap works well to try and create some more even teams for the tecmo gods to have their say with over the course of a season with conditions and injuries. One of the challenges with the draft though was how to avoid and what to do when someone inevitably goes over.

For this type of Tecmo event, I have to be honest, the seed was planted by @manYo720 , especially when he got @bruddog to hack the rom to allow preseason games to have stats go to season stats. (THAT IN AND OF ITSELF is really a gamechanger, as conditions and injuries and stats for all pickup games are recorded on the rom itself and makes for a very fun experience IMHO)

Once I got to experience what we could do during our season 0, my mind immediately went to trying to accomplish a live season in one day using Everdrives to play many games at once.

My hope is that other tecmo bros see that this type of "live season" can be done (regardless of changing rosters, just the fact of the time saved by not having to wait for one game at a time) by anyone and that's why i tried to document on the top post how it's being done.

It's my birthday today witch also means Me & Barry Word are kindred spirits........and another reason we are kindred spirits is because he helped me whoop @gripsmoke 's a$$ last Tourney when he tryed using the Cowboys vs me when I was the Chiefs!!!!!!!!  :)  I don't think he thought that pick out very well....Ha hA Ha!!!!!

15 minutes ago, ~Tailback King~ said:

It's my birthday today witch also means Me & Barry Word are kindred spirits........and another reason we are kindred spirits is because he helped me whoop @gripsmoke 's a$$ last Tourney when he tryed using the Cowboys vs me when I was the Chiefs!!!!!!!!  :)  I don't think he thought that pick out very well....Ha hA Ha!!!!!

Happy Birthday man!

Deuces! @duecethasa1nt it's dueces until CFT season Deuce! Let's start with a high impact 22 from both seasons of CFT so far.

22 Johnny Bailey.jpg

Johnny Bailey helped @invader_star64's SEAHAWKS1 in season 1 with 420 rushing yards in the playoffs, including a 213 yard game, and goes back home to Chi-Town to play for @boogiewithstu's BEARS1 in season duece.

Here are the duece dueces who have yet to be selected in the CFT draft as of season deuce.

22 Charles Dimry.jpg22 Felix Wright.jpg22 Gill Byrd.jpeg22 Vince Newsome.jpg

Now in season 1, Erik McMillan had 3 picks in the regular season then 4 picks in the playoffs for Invader's Hawks!

22 Eirk McMillan.jpeg

Next up...

We got the fellas making a debut in CFT season Deuce.

22 Mark Lee.jpg

Mark Lee will play for @SirTed's BUCCANEERS1 in season duece.

22 Nesby.jpg

Nesby will be hittin for @DT.'s FALCONS1 in season deuce.

One more guy making his debut in season deuce we will save for last...

There are a couple of 22's playing in their second season of CFT in season deuce...

22 Gil Fenerty.jpg

Fenerty's first name is mispelled in Tecmo Super Bowl, he is missing the 2nd L. "Gill the Thrill" as he is known did some damage in the CFT for the Toronto Argonauts before become a Saints mainstay. In season 1 Gill suffered through a winless season for JayMC's BILLS1 , but here's hoping we get him at least one win in season deuce for my COWBOYS1 .

Also playing in his 2nd season of CFT,

22 Mckyer.jpg

Tim McKyer is returning to @Tick's BENGALS1 for another season in the Queen City.

Finally...

22 Emmitt.jpg

This man needs no introduction here. He got drafted by @gripsmoke's 49ERS1  in season duece, a proposition that has other CFT owners "Deucin" in their pants at the prospect of having to defend THAT!

21 PrimeTime.jpg

Prime Time... Prime Time... PRIME TIME... PRIME TIME!

3 Weeks away baby!

Unfortunately, Deion has not been drafted by any team as of yet so he'll be watching like I hope many of you will be.

Got a few undrafted as of yet #21s.

21 James Brooks.jpg21 Eric Metcalf.jpg21 Eric Allen.jpg

Some Studs right there.

Truthfully there is one more. Richard Bell of the Steelers.

21 Richard Bell.jpg

Interesting story here about Richard Bell's one shining moment in the NFL, at the expense of a HOF TSB player at that.

21 Brian Washington.jpg

But, but, he's not 21? No he wasn't ever 21 in real life (as far as I can tell) but TSB smacked 21 on him, so there's that. Washington played for @invader_star64's SEAHAWKS1 in season 1. Sidelined in season 2.

21 Donnell Woolford.jpg

Also undrafted in season 2 but a key figure in Season 1 is Donnell Woolford who got 3 picks and a sack for @boogiewithstu's BEARS1 .

21 Curt Warner.jpg

Already highlighted at #28 per @~Tailback King~'s request, Curt Warner ended up a Ram and a 21 at that. He'll be playing for Invaders SEAHAWKS1 in season 2.

21 Ernest Byner.jpg

Earnest Byner. He played for JoeyB's GIANTS1 in season 1, and this year moves to Miami to play for LarryBird33's DOLPHINS1 .

Finally, we got Dauntin Dalton Hilliard.

21 Dalton Hilliard.jpg

Hilliard played for the last place BILLS1 in season 1 and here's hoping he goes from worst to first (not just in season 1's results only) playing for my COWBOYS1 in season 2.

21 Days!!! 3 Weeks from now WE ARE JUMPIN OFF!

20 Barry.jpg

That's right, while elusive, the date is still approaching with Barry like ability. 20 days til CFT 2!

Unfortunately, no Barry on the CFT gridiron as of CFT 2.

Also not showing on CFT gridirons as of CFT 2...

20 Albert Bentley.jpg20 Andre Waters.jpg

Bentley was an Oakland Invader in the USFL. He wore 32 AND 23 in the USFL. And as for Andre Waters, it's kind of a shame that he is the worst DB in the game, as he was a very feared safety at the time for his (sometimes dirty) hitting. But I guess karma works here too... I'm not too sad, I hated hiim back in the day.

This guy did work in season 1 for @boogiewithstu's BEARS1 .

20 allen pinkett.jpg

Also playing in season 1 for Stu but sitting out Season 2...

20 Dwight Stone.jpg20 Mark Carrier.jpg

A couple of guys are making their CFT 2 Debut in season 2.

20 Deron Cherry.jpg

Cherry will be playing for LarryBird33's DOLPHINS1

20 Marc Logan.jpg

Logan will be totin for @XtraLargent's RAIDERS1 in Season 2.

ANd finally, a Tacoma TSB Vet, former Husky and Cowboys DB...

20 Ray Horton.jpg

Ray Horton, graduate of Mount Tahoma High School here in Grit City, will be playin for @TheProfessor 's LIONS1 in season 2.

CANNOT WAIT! 20 DAYS!

19 days left until CFT 2 jumps off. And we have 4 (technically 3) TSB players who wore 19. ALL of them play in season 2, so here goes.

19 Bernie Kosar.jpg

The @Polish Rifle drafted the... Polish Rifle? Bernie aka QB Browns will be starting for the CHARGERS1 in season 2, his first in CFT.

19 Tom Tupa.jpeg

Another newcomer to CFT in season 2, Tommy Tupa will be taking snaps for @boogiewithstu's BEARS1 depending on conditions and Rosey.

This guy was not even a 19 in real life, but Tecmo gave him 19.

19 Greg McMurtry.jpg

McMurtry whose name was misspelled as well in Tecmo is the odd guy (only one? ) to have name and number incorrect (not counting the QB Bills, Browns and Eagles)

And Greg will be hauling in passes for @TheProfessor's LIONS1 in season 2.

Finally

19 Scott Mitchell.jpg

Scotty doesn't know. He will be a DOLPHINS1 in season 2 backing up Marino for LarryBird33 come July 28th. 19 DAYS!

OH $#!T......................It's gettin REAL out here!!!  When the 2's dropped off the jerzeys, it just hit me how close we are to this EPIC first time in Tecmo Tourney history event.  Buckle up B!tchezzzzzzzzz!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

(p.s.     Oh by the way @kamphuna8, you do have the a 1st place Trophy inscribed with my name in GOLD just incase the inevitable happens right?)

Edited by ~Tailback King~

Hey @~Tailback King~ and anyone else that hasn't responded yet in discord, please go to discord to let Manyo know if you're in on the Mac n Jack's keg. He's ordering it today, and the size of the keg depends on how many of us are in. Should be $10-$20 bucks per, more info posted by Manyo on discord

We are at MUDBONE STATUS fellas! 17 days until the kickoff of CFT Season 2!!!

17 Mudbone.jpg

It's not his birthday (actual birthday is 4/20 and a 1/2 aka Oct 20), but it's gotta feel like @DT.'s birthday because his FALCONS1 are gonna be led by none other than Mudbone!

3 of the 17 guys are punters, so they won't be in CFT unless someone chooses them as their stock punter. Here they are

17 Al Del Greco.jpg17 Don Bracken.jpg17 Scott Fulhage.jpg

The punters don't look happy but you know who should be happy?

@Tick should be happy because his BENGALS1 will be led by De Berg, who is no BJ Tolliver I'll tell you that much...

17 Days!!!

17 Steve DeBerg.jpg

On 7/9/2018 at 1:52 PM, ~Tailback King~ said:

(p.s.     Oh by the way @kamphuna8, you do have the a 1st place Trophy inscribed with my name in GOLD just incase the inevitable happens right?)

NO he does NOT! because in kamp's infinite wisdom, he already had the trophy made and delivered to me... I extracted the gold from that and all my other tecmo trophies and medals, melted them down... and let's just say I will CYA ON JULY 28!!!

u6LvclJ.gif

On 7/10/2018 at 9:16 AM, kamphuna8 said:

Hey @~Tailback King~ and anyone else that hasn't responded yet in discord, please go to discord to let Manyo know if you're in on the Mac n Jack's keg. He's ordering it today, and the size of the keg depends on how many of us are in. Should be $10-$20 bucks per, more info posted by Manyo on discord

I got 10 to 15 on it.......hopefully 10......but hey, if I gotta put 15, then I'll just put 5 bucc's on the game vs Manyo and whoop his a$$ with the Cardinals for it ?

Well well well.

16 days left until July 28th. We got 5 TSB players with 16s, and a couple could play YUUUUGE roles in who wins CFT Season 2. Let's get started.

This guy...

16 chuck long.jpg

Before there was a Goff leading the Rams with a 16, there was Chuck Long, the best Tecmo QB Name ever. @fairfensheeding will use him when necessary for his OILERS1

16 Camarillo Brillo.jpg16 Gannonball.jpg

Rich Camarillo Brillo and Rich Gannon(Ball) Run have yet to be selected in CFT so they again will be watching from home.

16 Humphries.jpg

Stan the Man Humphries played for @boogiewithstu's BEARS1 in season 1, but will be watching and not playing during season 2.

Then there's this guy...

16 Joe.jpg

Just his image, even just the mention of his name or nickname, Cool Joe, Triggers me to be frank. The Catch...The Tecmo Garbage that is the 49ers passing Offense. Well...

He's BAAAACCCKKKK.

@SirTed fired off the first "You BETTER WATCH OUT" salvo in our CFT 2 draft (apologies to Danny Marino, Thurmal and QB Browns). Drafting Joe in this format is definitely going to MIX THINGS UP!

Sir Ted threw Joe a bone as well, cranking up the AC with Anthony Carter and Steve Jordan, and to a lesser extent Hassan Jones, as high quality targets for mr 19ms 81pc. Not to mention local favorite John L Williams... This offense is going to be a problem folks. (Like a few of our offenses in CFT).

In 16 days THOU SHALT WITNESS!

Oh and I created a file to show the results from Season 1's playoffs.

CFT 1 Bracket.JPG

Since we lost a couple of fellas late, doing a traditional playoff bracket fell apart so DT stepped up and created a Tourney Style Double elim bracket on the fly. Unfortunately @DT. got one little error (The Bengals and Giants should have played in Losers Round 1) but I edited this in paint from my Challonge Capture to reflect what really happened. Hopefully @brookstonfowler can help us get this on our Phile.

And it's official. Our Rom is done. I can't wait for the CFT members to see it. I added some special CFT flair.

15 Days left!!!

We have four TSB #15s to showcase today. 3 of them are quarterbacks, and we're starting with THE BABE.

That's right...

15 Babe.JPG

Babe Laufenberg. In Tecmo, someone (I don't remember who) coined the phrase, Everything Came Up Babe, for the instance where Laufenberg's services were needed and he balled out.

Well, in real life, there's no such phrase. A current Cowboys broadcaster, Babe was called upon late in the 1990 season, the year after that 1-15 first Jimmy and Jerry season.  At 7-7, all the Cowboys needed to do was win one game. The Saints needed the Cowboys to lose both of the last 2 games and win out. Well, I guess you could say that Everything Came up Babe for the Saints... Game 15 vs the Eagles, Aikman gets Acheman treatment from that Philly D, separating his shoulder early in the game. Babe is called upon... and tosses 4 picks. Randall and Babe at one point were like a combined 20 - 41 for 0TDs and 2 picks...

15 Babe2.JPG

Eagles would win 17-3 and the Babe would lead the Cowboys to another debacle in the last game of the season vs the Falcons, and the Saints would get that last playoff spot. In Cowboys lore, this was called the Babe Laufenberg Incident...which narrative will CFT season 2 follow? @~Tailback King~ has got Aikman and the Babe and will find out first hand come July 28th.

Speaking of Incidents... We had our own Hoss Sauce Incident in CFT 2's draft...

15 Hoss.jpg

@fairfensheeding was rumored to have notified the Giants QB tandem that they were to play for his LuvYaBlue OILERS1 in Season 2, with the prospect of Fairf playing the role of the Hoss Whisperer... But when it came time for the official selection, SImms and Hoss were left holding their Mike's Hard Lemonade as Chrissy, er Jim Everett and Chuck Long were picked instead... Hoss might have something for the OILERS1 in future seasons of CFT 2 with a huge Chip (not Lohmiller) on his shoulder.

There is a Punter 15, it's...

15 Bryan Wagner.jpg

This guys pics on google images... I don't know, I was getting a bit of a @segathonsov vibe...

15 Bryan Wagner2.jpg

And Finally, a guy who did play in season 1 of CFT, and actually was a starter for a team that was undefeated... But his Owner had to bow out early in season 1 after 3 games.

15 Marc Wilson.jpg

While Wilson didn't lose any games for @SirTed in season 1 (neither did Grogan, who did get a couple passes in), he didn't pass for any TDs either...Marc will be watching CFT 2 instead of playing this summer. Tune in with him on July 28th. Regular season is scheduled to start at noon Est, 9am PST, and the playoffs should start around 10pm est 7pm PST. Catch it all on www.twitch.tv/kamphuna8

2 WEEKS BABY! YOU DOWN WITH CFT? YAH YOU KNOW ME!

Sorry, I'm a little pumped, we got a LOT of great stuff for both the owners who will be participating and the viewing audience for this one of a kind, and hopefully trailblazing experience.

14is in Tecmo? There are 4. Let's start with a guy who played season 1 of CFT but will be watching in season 2.

14 Grogan.jpg

The Groganator. The True Offensive LVP of TSB. (apologies to Aiky Braiky).

14 Grogana.jpg14 Groganb.jpg

Pretty glorious career to peep there. in CFT 1 Grogan slung a couple of bombs for @SirTed whilst Teddy was still in South Beach with his DOLPHINS1

These next two guys have yet to be selected in either of the 2 CFT drafts so far.

14 cody carlson.jpg14 Reich.jpg

And finally, we have a starting QB, teamed up with his OG TSB mate Wayne Haddix, but this time playing for the other 1976 expansion team, @invader_star64's SEAHAWKS1

14 vinny.jpg

Vinny T will be noodling some passes here and there for invader in season 2.

2 WEEKS FROM TODAY!!!!