Raiders vs 49ers Super Bowl tips?

Jacob

Hello all, I'm new to this site. So please forgive me if I'm not too sharp with things here.

Anyway, as the title implies, I'm looking for some tips on how to beat the 49ers in the Super Bowl. Obviously, I am the Raiders, (With an injured Bo...) and would appreciate any help or tips. Please no cheats though.

Thank you!

Obviously having skill against the CPU is a good start, but sometimes they are so juiced you can't run effectively, and almost no one is ever open for passing.  If you are having trouble beating teams late in the season, it's most likely due to your W-L record.  As I understand it, every game over .500 kicks up player stats a notch.  This makes it easy for the CPU to run off 80 yard runs if you are undefeated.  It also makes it more likely to all of your receivers to be covered.  If you are really struggling, you could simulate about half the season, and then play the rest of it.  The few losses could ease the blow moving into the playoffs.

Well, my regular season W-L record is 13-3, the 3 losses coming from the Chiefs and Niners. (None of it was simulated.)

Not sure how much 3 losses would ease the blow in the playoffs, but I'm guessing probably not too much, unfortunately.

Do you have any suggestions, or what to prepare for against the 49ers in the Super Bowl though? 

Also, thanks for your help.

With the default playbook be sure that when they run the two back set that you try and go after Montana for a auto sack as he has to finish rolling out before he can pass. You can use either Howie Long or CB Washington to do this. Otherwise you can see with the motion plays that it's either a Rathman run or a pass.  You can also see that the 3 WRs to one side formation is always a run.  Thus, you can call the 2nd pass play almost everytime and concentrate on stopping everything else.

As the Raiders, I almost always meet the CPU 49ers in the Super Bowl every year.  I always beat them in close, defensive games. 

In addition to everything Knobbe said, when I play on defense, I never guess any run plays. The 49ers cannot beat you running because they don't have a single back that can hurt you. Always call pass plays. Maybe I'm super conservative but I usually play as FS Eddie Anderson unless I'm absolutely sure I know what play they'll run (then I'll NT lurch with Golic to get at Montana). Without Bo, it'll be tough though. You're playing the CPU so if you're okay with putting a WR at RB, Tim Brown or Sam Graddy could fill in for Bo (the latter is faster, the former has better hands). 

Great advice by everyone. 

I don't know how you are playing defense, but I usually always select running plays on defense.....except when playing the 49ers or Dolphins. 

The Niners and Dolphins are the two main teams in this game who usually pass more often than not, so it's safer to try and guess which pass play the CPU is going to select. This can help you when playing either of them, since you are going to want those moments where you get the blitz rush from guessing their play accurately.