arncoem

Vote for 1990 draft tiers

1990 draft tiers   

17 members have voted

1. 1. Vote for tiers

• Keep as is (it’s worked) - groups 2 to 6 based on record
    • Three tiers of 4 and 13-14th pics by record no tier
    • Tier of 4 for 1.1 - 1.4 then two 5 team tiers

With the complaints last draft w the tiers here’s a vote to keep it or change.  

Voting ends w majority vote or end of offseason.  

Whatever is voted is set. We can’t change it for each season bc of how teams end w their records - tiers are setup to stop a team from tanking and guranteeing them 1.1 pick.  But if a team does tank they will be in tier w teams that deserve to be in tier all w same % random number rolled.  

I think HSTL manner of draft position works well...i just think it's the arbitrary cut off season to season that's got to be avoided. It should be predictable.

EDIT: Also, could consider a tier drop IF someone is proven to be tanking. If they are not, they should be given the benefit of the doubt. There are many anti-tanking policies in place in multiple leagues, though I've seen no evidence that tanking is an issue. Maybe it has in the past.

Edited by drake

I think tanking plays a part in wtf as if you lose a few close games and then lose your QB for say 3 games w injury and sitting at 2-10 then w 4 games left it makes sense to chalk that season up as not making it to post season and focus on getting your gains and look forward to the Draft - hard to penalize someone that goes for it on 4th and 10 in 1st q that’s sitting at 2-13 On season and their QB needs 20 attempts to get to 150 for the season. Just saying that a small percentage of tanking is going to exist no matter what - I don’t think it’s ever been out of control- like 4 teams all losing every game on purpose.  This is also why the tiers are there so if a team does tank they don’t automatically get 1.1 - but they will have a chance at getting it along w other teams w/ similar records. 

Edited by arncoem

The voters have spoken though and glad that the system that’s been in place is going to continue.  

W/ 17 total votes in,

even if all 7 went to other options “keep as is” would still have most.  Thansk for being part of the vote!