Chicago, IL - 06/9/18 - Tecmo Super Bowl Hardcore Championship

On 3/14/2018 at 4:43 PM, allamerican1569 said:

IMG_0324.thumb.JPG.b10c7c4639cd086851d1b68731c8c682.JPG

IMG_0327.thumb.jpg.27b99ad00e5db994467a0c0aacb6fe3b.jpg

These are the NES Sports Games up for grabs as part of your paid entry in this tournament.  The highest seed from the lottery after group play chooses which game they want first.  This continues in numerical seeding order until the 30th seed and all the games are gone.  Every player is guaranteed to get one game.  All games are used and are in fair to good condition.

Nice group of games, I better stop what I am doing and do a quick ranking.

YOU HAVE TO LOVE THESE GAMES TO BE MY FRIEND TIER 

1.  TSB (of course)

2. MTPO - Almost beats tecmo.  Finally beat this game in College and consider it my greatest College accomplishment and I was a virgin entering college 

3. Baseball Stars - paid $63 for this game at Funcoland in the early 90s.  Best Baseball game on NES don't @ me

4. Ice Hockey - Skinny - Medium - Fat - Fat Poland team I will beat you with finese and not Meathead Tapping speed

5. Arch Rival - Best Basketball game on NES hands down.  Lewis from Natural High > then Mohawk guy of hated Brawl State.  Pantsing then punching the guy in the face to steal the ball was no higher form of Comedy in 5th grade

6.  Bad News Baseball – never owned the game but controls are great, wish you could dive though

7.  Tecmo World Wrestling – Dr Guido or as we called in Dr Dildo, had the Giant Swing finishing move that was great.  Game still holds up and my kids like playing it but I don’t tell them Dr’s Nickname

8.  RBI Baseball – jocknerds are foaming at the month that it’s this low, great game but it’s like a 49ers vs Seahawks match up when comparing to Baseball Stars

9.  Golf – KISS keep it simple stupid.  Great game.  Want to have 5 drinks and challenge somone right now.  I could work a slice like no other.

10.  Hoops – even surprised me making top ten.  But give me Face and Legs, make it take it, you won’t get to 5

11.  Double Dribble – Pissed it didn’t make top ten, but the 3 pt glitch too much to overcome hoops

12.  Blades of Steal – Great game, loved the minigame during end of period and fighting but I didn’t like the arrow shooting mechanism

13. Tecmo Bowl – TSB orgin story.  Great game but overshadowed by it’s brother.  Kind of like Peoples Champ over @SammieSmith33

MENDOZA LINE TIER 

14.  NES Playaction Football – game isn’t that great now, but I played it a ton back in the day.   Just tried to be a little too realistic with 8 bit hardware. 

15.Baseball – 1st baseball game I played on NES and you always remember your first...

16. Bases Loaded – Hitting mechanism too hard.  I think you could charge the mound though.  Think I have never finished a game

17. Volleyball – rented this game from a gas station as a kid.  Fond memories but I don’t think I want to play again and see it’s withered face like the hot teacher in high school that now has depends on

18.Tecmo Baseketball – so close to being good, but just not there.  Hoops and Arch Rivals dance with Tecmo Basketball’s dates and Tecmo won’t say a peep

NEVER PLAYED TIER

19. Tennis – maybe I played it but can’t remember.  Probably not that great

20. Roger Clemons Baseball – never played, sorry Rocket….

21. Bowling game – never played it, all I can think of is that golden tee bowling game I played at bar so I won’t put it last

22.  Game with what  looks like Kirby Pucket on – Love puck but don’t know the game.  Remember the Puck Pack at McDonalds?

23. Shredding – never played it probably a gateway drug to other shitty games

SHIT JUST SHIT TIER

24. Kings of Beach – should be called we can’t even hold Super Spike Vball’s jock

25. 10 Yard Fight – 1st time I saw my friends older brothers playing it I was salivating, but after playing it for 5 minutes we went back to Table Top Football as the vibrating board was more appealing

26. Track and Field II – dogshit, just do the same games as last time and add taekwondo and you are in top ten. 

27 Tecmo Baseball – How could they fuck up baseball so badly?

28. Pebble Beach Challenge – I think I tried playing for 2 minutes then put in Ghost n Goblins

29. John Elway Quarerback – 10 yard Fight with really complicated plays that don’t work.  Bonus dermits sticking with 10 yard fight look HOT GARBAGE

30. NFL – Never Fun Letdown

Edited by segathonsov

1 hour ago, davefmurray said:

You can dive. This whole post is a lie.

You are right,  thinking RBI.  But you can jump and climb outfield walls in baseball stars.  Plus some of the players are girls and have booobies.  Probably ex Tecmo cheerleaders 

18 hours ago, segathonsov said:

Nice group of games, I better stop what I am doing and do a quick ranking.

YOU HAVE TO LOVE THESE GAMES TO BE MY FRIEND TIER 

1.  TSB (of course)

2. MTPO - Almost beats tecmo.  Finally beat this game in College and consider it my greatest College accomplishment and I was a virgin entering college 

3. Baseball Stars - paid $63 for this game at Funcoland in the early 90s.  Best Baseball game on NES don't @ me

4. Ice Hockey - Skinny - Medium - Fat - Fat Poland team I will beat you with finese and not Meathead Tapping speed

5. Arch Rival - Best Basketball game on NES hands down.  Lewis from Natural High > then Mohawk guy of hated Brawl State.  Pantsing then punching the guy in the face to steal the ball was no higher form of Comedy in 5th grade

6.  Bad News Baseball – never owned the game but controls are great, wish you could dive though

7.  Tecmo World Wrestling – Dr Guido or as we called in Dr Dildo, had the Giant Swing finishing move that was great.  Game still holds up and my kids like playing it but I don’t tell them Dr’s Nickname

8.  RBI Baseball – jocknerds are foaming at the month that it’s this low, great game but it’s like a 49ers vs Seahawks match up when comparing to Baseball Stars

9.  Golf – KISS keep it simple stupid.  Great game.  Want to have 5 drinks and challenge somone right now.  I could work a slice like no other.

10.  Hoops – even surprised me making top ten.  But give me Face and Legs, make it take it, you won’t get to 5

11.  Double Dribble – Pissed it didn’t make top ten, but the 3 pt glitch too much to overcome hoops

12.  Blades of Steal – Great game, loved the minigame during end of period and fighting but I didn’t like the arrow shooting mechanism

13. Tecmo Bowl – TSB orgin story.  Great game but overshadowed by it’s brother.  Kind of like Spring Break Vet over @SammieSmith33

MENDOZA LINE TIER 

14.  NES Playaction Football – game isn’t that great now, but I played it a ton back in the day.   Just tried to be a little too realistic with 8 bit hardware. 

15.Baseball – 1st baseball game I played on NES and you always remember your first...

16. Bases Loaded – Hitting mechanism too hard.  I think you could chage the mound though.  Think I have never finished a game

17. Volleyball – rented this game from a gas station as a kid.  Fond memories but I don’t think I want to play again and see it’s withered face like the hot teacher in highschool now has depends on

18.Tecmo Baseketball – so close to being good, but just not there.  Hoops and Arch Rivals dance with Tecmo Basketball’s dates and Tecmo won’t say a peep

NEVER PLAYED TIER

19. Tennis – maybe I played it but can’t remember.  Probably not that great

20. Roger Clemons Baseball – never played, sorry Rocket….

21. Bowling game – never played it, all I can think of is that golden tee bowling game I played at bar so I won’t put it last

22.  Game with what  looks like Kirby Pucket on – Love puck but don’t know the game.  Remember the Puck Pack at McDonalds?

23. Shredding – never played it probably a gateway drug to other shitty games

SHIT JUST SHIT TIER

24. Kings of Beach – should be called we can’t even hold Super Spike Vball’s jock

25. 10 Yard Fight – 1st time I saw my friends older brothers playing it I was salivating, but after playing it for 5 minutes we went back to Table Top Football as the vibrating board was more appealing

26. Track and Field II – dogshit, just do the same games as last time and add taekwondo and you are in top ten. 

28. Pebble Beach Challenge – I think I tried playing for 2 minutes then put in Ghost n Goblins

29. John Elway Quarerback – 10 yard Fight with really complicated plays that don’t work.  Bonus dermits sticking with 10 yard fight look HOT GARBAGE

Ha Ha! Excellent rankings here Nick!  This should serve as a reputable guide for the players playing in the tournament.  It seems like there is always a disparity on what a particular player's favorite baseball game is.    There are so many baseball games, so I think sometimes it comes down to what you played most as a kid.  For me it was RBI Baseball, but I have seen a wide variety of opinions on which game is the best.  I will say I think you took a major dump on Tecmo Baseball.  I really don't think it is that bad.  It's not great, but it hovers somewhere in average territory compared to others.   You should play MLB made by LJN if you want a serious clunker.

Hoops > Tecmo NBA Basketball? Give me a little something of what you are on.

Kings of Beach really isn't a bad game at all.   I would go as far as saying it is a good game.  Did you forget it is 4-player compatible?

Also, the game you say that looks like it has Kirby Puckett on it, is Bo Jackson's Baseball!

Edited by allamerican1569

21 hours ago, segathonsov said:

SHIT JUST SHIT TIER

You rotten SOB.  Maybe you need a history lesson--10 yard fight is where Tecmo got its zig zag--just quicker RBs and in a different direction (and it doesn't take 10 min. to run for a TD).  10 yard fight is a classic.

4 hours ago, allamerican1569 said:

Ha Ha! Excellent rankings here Nick!  This should serve as a reputable guide for the players playing in the tournament.  It seems like there is always a disparity on what a particular player's favorite baseball game is.    There are so many baseball games, so I think sometimes it comes down to what you played most as a kid.  For me it was RBI Baseball, but I have seen a wide variety of opinions on which game is the best.  I will say I think you took a major dump on Tecmo Baseball.  I really don't think it is that bad.  It's not great, but it hovers somewhere in average territory compared to others.   You should play MLB made by LJN if you want a serious clunker.

TECMO Baseball was rated higher but messed up on the numbering and moved to bottom rather than renumbering.  With Tecmo Baseball and Basketball I was more dissapointed than a bad game

Hoops > Tecmo NBA Basketball? Give me a little something of what you are on.

She's got LEGS and know's how to use them

image.thumb.png.9fded1f81d2f527d0b9389a43a28468a.png

Kings of Beach really isn't a bad game at all.   I would go as far as saying it is a good game.  Did you forget it is 4-player compatible?

Did you forget if you go to the net like a pu$$Y you got your arse knocked out in Super Spike?  Karchi Kari can't return Billy Lee's  of Double Dragons underhand serve

Image result for super spike volleyball gif

Also, the game you say that looks like it has Kirby Puckett on it, is Bo Jackson's Baseball!

Going to the Bouija bourd right now to repent,

Image result for bouija

1 hour ago, Dotdon said:

You rotten SOB.  Maybe you need a history lesson--10 yard fight is where Tecmo got its zig zag--just quicker RBs and in a different direction (and it doesn't take 10 min. to run for a TD).  10 yard fight is a classic.

I would never slander the Mayor of Tecmo, but your views are Radical.

• 3 weeks later...

My brother Matt and @Green Majik will be running a free Tecmo Super Bowl Hardcore Tournament at the Midwest Gaming Classic this Saturday, April 14th in Milwaukee, WI.  If you are going to the event the tournament starts at 2:30pm.  The tournament will be single or double elimination depending on the the turnout.  There is no prize, however The Retro Sports Gamer Channel will recognize the winner in some official capacity after the convention concludes.  The live stream will start around 10am CST and end after the tournament's conclusion.  Here is the link to the channel for the live stream:  https://www.youtube.com/theretrosportsgamer

Midwest Gaming Classic.jpeg

9 hours ago, allamerican1569 said:

Whatever you decide it would be great to have the 3-time champ in the building.  Also, I wouldn't mind seeing how much @hankthetank can truly drink, live, in person.

I don't know i'm past my prime and i might have to work the next morning.  

• 2 weeks later...

We are excited to announce the partnership with TGFN (True Game Fan Network) to bring you MAXIMUM coverage of the event:
TGFN.thumb.jpg.f083a314a26b3b854bb3d354106a411b.jpg

There will be TWO live streams at this Tournament both with their own flavor:

MARQUEE MATCHUP STREAM - https://www.twitch.tv/tgfnretro

twitch-e1491600114230-796x398.thumb.jpg.67fb9f1e41d5b5853e9cef0c9ff39871.jpg

This professional live coverage will be voiced and broadcasted by Troy GBLAN, organizer and voice of the GBLAN Online Tecmo Super Bowl Tournament.  Troy will be showcasing the best players this tournament has to offer from opening kickoff until the Tecmo Super Bowl Hardcore Championship Belt is wrapped around someone’s waist.  I encourage everyone to check out tgfnretro on Twitch and follow the action that is currently going on in the Tecmo scene.

THE PLAYER’S STREAM: - https://www.youtube.com/theretrosportsgamer

Youtube-Gaming-logo.thumb.jpg.e121af13be71245a47f6821db7fe0e1d.jpg

Have you ever wanted to be a commentator at a Tecmo Tournament?  Maybe you just want to cut a wrestling promo Tecmo style?  This is your opportunity!  This stream will be run by Lumberjack Cracks, but if you aren’t feeling what he has to say, then suplex him off that mic and say what you will.  The goal of this stream is to capture the natural essence of the tournament and get as many unique players on stream as possible.  Want to play on stream?  Just ask!  We will do our best to broadcast your game next.

We have another BIG ANNOUNCEMENT!!!!

493775786_TecmoTour.thumb.png.aebc46a1ab2803146143c96af0de4cc0.png

This Tournament will be one of the first ever to join the BRAND NEW stat tracking data base of the Tecmo Tour put on by Retro World Series.  Hal Hawkins, owner and operator of Retro World Series, is determined to give Tecmo Super Bowl players the best stat tracking available for live tournaments.   Wins, Losses, Teams Used, Scoring by Quarter, Total Rush Yards, Total Passing Yards, and Final Scores will all be recorded for each and every game.  The website will be up and running soon:  http://retroworldseries.com/tecmo-tour-coming-soon/

Edited by allamerican1569

I am looking forward hauling Gats and Hank down to be your announcer on TGFN.  As there will be obvious pauses between games, If a Sega Genesis can be setup on a CRT, I'll offer my standing $20 to anyone that can beat me in a game of MK or MK2 on that platform, as long as we can stream it.  I look forward to your impending destruction.

Image result for have a nice day mankind

• 2 weeks later...