Green Bay, WI - 02/24/18 - A Fleury of Goals - NHL94 Tournament

trojan1979

I know this is a Tecmo forum, but other NHL94 tournaments have been posted here, including ones hosted by our brother organization King of 94. The evening before(Feb 23rd) there will be plenty of other retro gaming activity, including a certain football game some of you might be familiar with ;).  More on that after another WI tournament takes place this month.

February 24th at 10AM in Green Bay WI at the Edge VR Arcade, the world's greatest NHL94 players will compete for retro themed prizes, cash, and the right to hold Lord Manly's Cup!

Links with all important details available below.  Both SNES and Genesis bracket entry is included with your $30 entry.  The event is family friendly.  Under 18 participants are $10 with a paid adult entry.  All entries include a $20 voucher to be used on the virtual reality arcade equipment.

The tournament details can be viewed here: http://forum.nhl94.com/index.php?/topic/18180-king-of-94-wi-presents-a-fleury-of-goals-an-nhl94-tournament-for-snes-and-genesis/&

Individuals may sign up here : www.tinyurl.com/fleury2018  Spots are limited, and we are already near capacity, so don't wait to sign up!

At this time the following states are represented, IL, MO, MN, NY, NJ, NV, CA,CT, and WI.  We also have players from Canada registered.  Defending King of 94 champion Angryjay93, and multiple world record holder Kingraph will be present at this tournament.  Arda Ocal, formerly of the WWE, and current MSG Networks host will be our live stream announcer and event MC.  We will also have a live organist, NEW Piano Guy's own, Dan Rafferty!

Please enjoy our promotional video, and we'd appreciate any help sharing it out on social media.

• DFM changed the title to Green Bay, WI - 02/24/18 - A Fleury of Goals - NHL94 Tournament
On 1/9/2018 at 11:57 PM, ImFlo said:

I have a vive, should I bring it out to some Tecmo events?

Their setup goes a bit beyond that.  They have the 360 omni treadmills, and their setups are linked for multiplayer with the other stations.

If an event wants to dedicate the space, and you don't mind setting it up, I think it's a great idea.  For some reason I get the feeling that at a tecmo event, people would be constantly getting their sack punched while blinded by the headsets, especially if their name is Flo.

• 2 weeks later...

Last night @allamerican1569 and I hosted the two best players at Sega Genesis in the world for NHL94, Kingraph and Angryjay93, along with MSG Networks, and our tournament announcer Arda Ocal on The Retro Sports Gamer podcast.

• 3 weeks later...