Monday, 12/25 4:30pmE.T.

Pittsburgh @ Houston

8:30pmE.T.

Oakland @ Philadelphia

giphy.gif

Verbatim, even the GIA.

IMG_0390.thumb.GIF.228b77133c194a65d40a0910900333ae.GIF

Edited by buck

Indianapolis Colts vs. Baltimore Ravens:  I'm gonna have to go with the Ravens as one of my Survival Pool picks of the week.  The Colts are rivaled by only three other clubs for worst team in the league, and said three teams all happen to be where the Colts happen to have gotten their three wins from.  Easy pick.

Minnesota Vikings vs. Green Bay Packers:  Having now been officially eliminated from playoff contention, Aaron Rodgers has now been placed on Injury Reserve, making it very likely the Packers won't win another game the rest of the year.  It's not a slam dunk pick though, but I do think the Vikings can get the job done.

LA Rams vs. Tennessee Titans:  The Titans through all intents and purposes were both a better unit than both the Cardinals and 49ers.  By this point in time, the Titans should have all but clinched a playoff berth by now, and blew it against vastly inferior opponents.  Well, I'm here to tell you that if those two losses were frustrating, the Rams are gonna make utter mincemeat out of this year's overrated NFL team, which will also in turn be this year's NFL team that collapses in spite an 8-4 start on the season.  In other words, the Rams are gonna demolish this Titans squad the same way they did the Seahawks and thensome.

Buffalo Bills vs. New England Patriots:  On paper, this should be an easy pick for this week's Survival Pool, but keep in mind that the last couple of times the Bills played the Patriots in Foxborough, they managed to defeat them.  Granted, one of them was a meaningless season finale for the Patriots, and the other was the last of four games without Tom Brady.  The main difference, however, is that it's pretty much do-or-die at this point for Buffalo.  I'm still going to pick the Patriots, but do keep in mind that the Bills can pull away with a major upset.  Hey?  It's not like the Patriots haven't given up complete control over homefield advantage in the past before (thinking of you, 2013 and 2015 squads).

Cleveland Browns vs. Chicago Bears:  As I said in this week's Power Rankings, this is pretty much going to be Cleveland's last probable shot at a win this season.  If they cannot get this done, then 0-16 will look all but inevitable at this point in time.  Who am I going to pick?  Well, obviously, it's the Browns....to go 0-16.  And maybe then, things will finally improve over there.

Atlanta Falcons vs. New Orleans Saints:  Two weeks ago, the Falcons pretty much caught the Saints with their pants down on a short week.  Well, general rule of thumb:  Pick the previous losing team when they play each other a second time in three weeks.  I'm gonna go with the Saints, which in turn will help give teams like the Lions and Cowboys some hope.

Detroit Lions vs. Cincinnati Bengals:  I'm going to go with the Lions over the Bungles.  Sure, the cold weather could help the Bungles come away with the win (and if that's the case, could in turn eliminate the Lions in the process).  But the safe bet is the Lions.

Tampa Bay Buccaneers vs. Carolina Panthers:  The only thing that might cost the Panthers a win here would be some of the off-field drama surrounding their owner selling the team.  I think if what I am hearing is correct, this may very well be the last chance the Panthers would have at winning a Super Bowl.  Because the people who are currently expressing interest in buying the organization pretty much do not care about building a winning team and only want to buy the franchise for the money and prestige.  Nothing else.  With that said, I'm going with the Panthers.

Miami Dolphins vs. Kansas City Chiefs:  You know, I still do not totally trust the Chiefs to actually win a game--they secure the division with a win or Chargers loss, but they cannot possibly secure a Wild Card spot.  Still, it's in Kansas City; it's Christmas Eve; and I do not fully trust the Dolphins here.  So you know what?  I'm gonna go with the Chiefs on this one.

Denver Broncos vs. Washington Redskins:  I would pick the Broncos only if Brock Osweiler is their Starter.  Especially since he's the only quarterback who is both healthy and confident.  Paxton Lynch cannot stay healthy, and Trevor Simien's confidence appears shot....and also cannot stay healthy.  Thanks, Vance Joseph for fucking up a perfectly good Broncos unit because you were too scared to unleash any of your quarterbacks.  Otherwise, the only real benefit the Broncos have over the Redskins is health; the Redskins are decimated across all areas but the quarterback position.  Likewise, the only real benefit the Redskins have over the Broncos is homefield advantage...and a time zone difference.  This will be a game-time decision, though given the coaches desire to try out Paxton Lynch, I may end up leaning Redskins if it comes to this.

LA Chargers vs. NY Jets:  Even with the loss to Kansas City last week, I still think the Chargers will be the team reaching the playoffs as the 6th seed.  All they need is to win out and then gain some help along the way.  They could even clinch the division if the Chiefs regress yet again.  Still, the Jets are the home team here, and while the Jets are not only decimated by injuries, but also by an overall lack of talent, they're gonna give the Chargers some hell, I figure.  Still, the Chargers have to win this one, right?  RIGHT?

Jacksonville Jaguars vs. San Francisco 49ers:  The Jaguars will pretty much secure their division before they even get their chance to play thanks to the incompetence from the Titans' coaching staff.  But be as it may, they are perhaps eyeing a shot at a first round playoff bye still, and even against all hope, the Jaguars will be eager to see this through at least another week.  I personally would be glad to see the Jaguars reach the Super Bowl this season--they definitely have the defense to make it happen, and it also happens to be a defensive scheme that Tom Brady doesn't like all that much, either.

Seattle Seahawks vs. Dallas Cowboys:  I'm pretty much am going to have to disagree with some of the people here.  The Legion of Boom is all but nonexistent at this point, and the remaining members that also happen to be healthy are at each others' throat as the team continues to self-destruct.  It would indeed be a sight to behold to witness the hubris of the NFL's Social Justice Warriors as a once dominant team completely collapses in on itself at the seams.  Especially at the hands of an Ezekiel Elliot making his grand return.  Add in the homefield advantage, and I'm gonna pick the Cowboys to live to fight another day.

NY Giants vs. Arizona Cardinals:  Probably one of...I'm gonna be generous and say 4 toss-up games (Denver vs. Washington; Buffalo vs. New England; and Atlanta vs. New Orleans are the games I have in mind).  Both teams are utterly ravaged by injury, with the latter team especially ravaged by age.  The Cardinals are pretty much the NFL's retirement home, while the Giants are the sentimental derp.  Honestly, I don't have any faith in either team to get it done.  At least the Giants actually looked competitive against the Eagles last week, so who knows?

Pittsburgh Steelers vs. Houston Texans:  The loss of Antonio Brown was devastating, but considering the fact that the Steelers have by far the easiest remaining schedule, there's pretty much no reason ever to pick against them at this point in time.

Oakland Raiders vs. Philadelphia Eagles:  The Raiders will almost certainly be eliminated from playoff contention by this point.  And even then, it's hard to imagine this team going the distance against the Eagles, even though they are currently down to their second string guy, Nick Foles.  Just one win will secure homefield advantage throughout the playoffs for the Eagles.

As for who I think will make the playoffs, I think it will be in the following:

AFC: New England Patriots (13-3), Pittsburgh Steelers (13-3), Jacksonville Jaguars (12-4), Kansas City Chiefs (9-7), Baltimore Ravens (10-6), and LA Chargers (9-7)

NFC:  Philadelphia Eagles (13-3), Minnesota Vikings (13-3), LA Rams (12-4), New Orleans Saints (12-4), Carolina Panthers (12-4), and Dallas Cowboys (10-6)

Saturday, 12/23 4:30pmE.T.

Indianapolis @ Baltimore

8:30pmE.T

Minnesota @ Green Bay

Sunday, 12/24 1:00pmE.T.

LARamsTennessee - Sad pick as I was hoping the Titans would get in the playoffs but I think they need to win out to do so.

Buffalo @ New England

Cleveland Chicago - C'mon Christmas miracle...You've gotta win ONE, Brownies!

Atlanta @ New Orleans

Detroit @ Cincinnati

Tampa Bay @ Carolina - Although, I will say that had the ref not slipped up last week when the Bucs played the Falcons, we have a very different outcome.  Winston was perfect on that last drive.

Miami @ Kansas City

Denver @ Washington

LAChargers @ NYJets

4:05pmE.T.

Jacksonville @ San Francisco

4:25pmE.T.

Seattle @ Dallas

NYGiants @ Arizona

--------------------------------------------

Monday, 12/25 4:30pmE.T.

Pittsburgh @ Houston

8:30pmE.T.

Oakland @ Philadelphia

Looks like 13-2 Sir @Bodom is fixing to take a consecutive Weekly GOLD - this time, SOLO - regahdless of MNF result... (because, nobody picked OAK anyway.)

This'll tie him with overall leader, Mike Gordan, at 5 Weekly G's apiece (incl. those 2 solos, each).

And then, Bodom and buck are both in a tight race for that Top overall Regular Season spot;  presided over, again, by Gordan currently.

There will be a number of Silver medallions to hand out, this Week, as well.  (I'll get to it, later)

No coming games till this-Sunday (I'll post by tomorrow).

Week 16 Victors

1. Bodom  14-2

2. Gojiphen / gordan / Kamphuna / buck  13-3

... Overall leaders:  164-76 gordan [68%], 160-80 buck [67%], 159-81 Bodom [66%]

{And mine right, were: BAL, MIN, CHI, N.O, CAR, K.C, LAC, S.F, ARZ, PHI, was

... Seasonally 61% right}