Tennessee @ San Francisco

New England @ Pittsburgh

8:30pmE.T.

Dallas @ Oakland

--------------------------------------------

Monday, 12/18 8:30pmE.T.

Atlanta @ Tampa Bay

Re-cap o' WEEK 14 Borgger picks:

http://tecmobowl.org/forums/topic/70047-week-14-picks/?do=findComment&comment=487312

Edited by Bolt
Victors arr in bold.

This time, I'm gonna seriously analyze these teams:

Denver Broncos vs. Indianapolis Colts:  The first of many toss-up games this week.  The Colts are quite notorious for defeating us regardless of the skill level between the two teams.  Both teams are horribly coached, however, the Broncos at least have a talented assortment of players (keep in mind that all three QB's that we have are capable of winning big games, and the Jets are proof positive of this).  I'm leaning more towards the Broncos winning this game; the Colts are simply pathetic, and the Broncos have greatly underachieved this season.  It only took until everybody here gave up on them altogether to get a win, much less a resounding win.  Now don't fuck this up!

Chicago Bears vs. Detroit Lions:  The Bears have demonstrated that they have the potential to be stun opposing teams (heck, three of their four wins all came against playoff contenders in the Steelers, Ravens, and Panthers).  Luckily for Detroit, they're the home team.  Unfortunately, they're notoriously awful in the month of December.  Be as it may though, the Lions are a safe pick this week.

LA Chargers vs. Kansas City Chiefs:  Heh, didn't realize we'd already be having games play on Saturday Night.  But I digress.  The Chargers have the momentum, while the Chiefs have homefield advantage.  This is definitely a tossup with serious playoff ramifications.  But for right now, I'm leaning more towards the Chargers; the Chiefs win seems more or less a product of poor production from the Raiders than the Chiefs really lighting it up.  Still, the Chiefs offense blew up when Andy Reid stepped away from offensive play calling duties, so we'll see.

Philadelphia Eagles vs. New York Giants:  With the loss of Carson Wentz for the year (and presumably for quite some time next season as well), this is now Nick Foles' team.  Luckily for the Eagles, they really only need to win one more game, and then for the Saints to lose afterwards, in order to clinch homefield advantage throughout the playoffs.  Their next opponent is also the lowly Giants--what an oxymoron to say that.  So even with the handicap, I think it's safe to say that the Eagles will still win.  Besides, at least Nick Foles single-handedly guided the Eagles to a playoff berth a few years ago.  So there you go.

Cincinnati Bengals vs. Minnesota Vikings:  Let's make this our Survival Pick this week, because it's pretty clear that the Bungles have given up.  I simply do not see a scenario where the Vikings lose to the Bungles.  Vikings clinch the division this week.

Baltimore Ravens vs. Cleveland Browns:  Even though the Ravens no longer face a team with a winning record--much less a shot at winning another game again--this is clearly going to be a trap game for them.  Why?  Because all the Browns' offensive weapons are coming back, that's why.  Also helps that they are still 0-13.  They're probably are either going to steal a win against Baltimore, in Chicago, or get giftwrapped one by the Steelers (provided they secure homefield advantage throughout the playoffs by that point in time).  Still, until I see it happen, I'm not picking the Browns to win.

Arizona Cardinals vs. Washington Redskins:  I would like to make sure what the weather is going to look like in Washington before making my predictions (the Bills were fortunate to be playing in a blizzard last week).  However, if the weather is clear, then the game clearly becomes a toss-up.  Personally, I'm leaning more towards the Cardinals winning this game.

Green Bay Packers vs. Carolina Panthers:  The Panthers are very fortunate to have gotten that big win against the Vikings.  Because they will need to win two out of their next three in order to make the playoffs.  They can help their chances further by defeating the Packers this Sunday, essentially killing their playoff hopes altogether.  However, Aaron Rodgers is cleared to play, and I expect him to carry his team across the finish line.  I'm going with the Packers here.

NY Jets vs. New Orleans Saints:  The Saints stumbled last week on a short week no less.  I think the Saints will redeem themselves against the Jets and set themselves up to clinch in the very near future.

Miami Dolphins vs. Buffalo Bills:  The Bills better hope for some cold weather and for Tyrod Taylor to return healthy.  Because the Bills are going to need all the help they can get in fending off a now fully motivated Dolphins squad.  It'd help for Jay Cutler to return to his old ways again as well.  I'm expecting a series split between these two teams anyways, so I'm gonna go with the Bills to win this week.  Still a tossup though.

Houston Texans vs. Jacksonville Jaguars:  My second recommendation for your potential Survival Pool pick this week would probably be the Jacksonville Jaguars.

LA Rams vs. Seattle Seahawks:  A huge game with playoff ramifications galore.  Winner controls their own playoff destiny.  Loser, on the other hand, must pick themselves up and try to salvage their season however they can.  11 wins gets either team to the postseason.  However, I doubt the Seahawks can survive off a 10-6 record unless either the Falcons, Saints, or Panthers seriously stumble down the line.  If I have to make an educated guess, my thoughts are leaning more towards the Rams winning this game (how they didn't last week after Carson Wentz was taken out of the game remains a mystery to me).

Tennessee Titans vs. San Francisco 49ers:  A game that on paper looked like a lopsided match suddenly looks more like a toss-up.  Why?  For several reasons; This is a trap game for the Titans; the 49ers finally found some sense of offensive rhythm with Jimmy Garopolo; and the Titans, for an 8-5 team, consistently looked pedestrian.  I'm still leaning on the Titans, because they absolutely must win this game if they are to have any hopes at making the playoffs.

New England Patriots vs. Pittsburgh Steelers:  Yet another tossup between two Super Bowl contenders.  A win here for the Steelers would guarantee them a first round playoff bye.  A Patriots win (or Bills loss earlier in the day), on the other hand, would finally give them the AFC East--taking quite a bit longer than usual for them to win, btw.  The Steelers, however, are constantly finding themselves playing catchup against significantly inferior opponents, and they haven't beaten the Patriots in almost a decade.  I'm probably going to pick the Patriots, though I'd be happy to be wrong just the same.  Until we know for a fact that there's something seriously wrong with the Patriots, they're the safe pick to make.  At least we'll know the Steelers won't be running blitz packages against them.  Also, why was this game flexed out of Sunday Night Football again?

Dallas Cowboys vs. Oakland Raiders:  Another tossup game.  Though the Cowboys currently have the momentum.  So I'm gonna go with them.  Also note that if the Raiders lose, and then the Chiefs, Bills, Ravens, and Titans all win, the Raiders would be officially eliminated from playoff contention.

Atlanta Falcons vs. Tampa Bay Buccaneers:  I'm gonna predict that the Bucs won't win another game the rest of the year.  Simple as that.

So, if all my predictions hold up, then the Patriots, Vikings, and Jaguars will all clinch playoff berths, with the former two winning their divisions outright; the Jets, Bengals, Cardinals, Dolphins, and possibly Raiders would be eliminated from playoff contention; and the Saints, Falcons, Titans, Ravens, Bills, either the Chiefs or Chargers, and either the Rams or Seahawks will all have clinching scenarios after this week.  If the Panthers defeat the Packers, however, then they'll also have an opportunity to clinch, while the Packers are eliminated from playoff contention altogether.

Also, my picks are subject to change.

Thursday, 12/14 8:25pmE.T.

Denver Indianapolis

Saturday, 12/16 4:30pmE.T.

Chicago @ Detroit

8:25pmE.T

LAChargers @ Kansas City

Sunday, 12/17 1:00pmE.T.

Philadelphia @ NYGiants

Cincinnati @ Minnesota

Baltimore Cleveland

Arizona @ Washington

Green Bay @ Carolina

NYJets @ New Orleans

Miami @ Buffalo

Houston @ Jacksonville

4:05pmE.T.

LARams @ Seattle

4:25pmE.T.

Tennessee @ San Francisco

New England @ Pittsburgh

Dallas @ Oakland

Atlanta @ Tampa Bay

200.gif

Thursday, 12/14 8:25pmE.T.

Denver @ Indianapolis - I really hope I don't look back on this pick but IDK if Brisset's ready for a defense this fast.

Saturday, 12/16 4:30pmE.T.

Chicago @ Detroit - Let me run with the upset!

8:25pmE.T

LAChargers @ Kansas City

Sunday, 12/17 1:00pmE.T.

Philadelphia @ NYGiants - Let's not forget that Nick was a starter at one point.  I think he'll take the cake here.

Cincinnati @ Minnesota

Baltimore Cleveland - I think Cleveland's ONLY remaining shot is next week vs. Chicago.  Could we have ANOTHER Christmas Miracle like last year against the Bolts!?

Arizona @ Washington

Green Bay @ Carolina

NYJets @ New Orleans

Miami @ Buffalo - I'm thinking hard on this one but really think with that pass rush that they can strike again.

Houston @ Jacksonville

4:05pmE.T.

LARams @ Seattle - Oof...I don't like this pick either but TRUST YOUR INSTINCTS!

4:25pmE.T.

Tennessee @ San Francisco

New England @ Pittsburgh

Dallas @ Oakland - I've lost track of who got suspended where and for how long so I feel like this one will haunt me as well.

Atlanta @ Tampa Bay - Something tells me that the Falcons are going to Falcons again...

Edited by MikeMystery
Additional commentary

Bolt is lookin' for all undefeateds now, thundercats.

3-0

{So's @kamphuna8.}

Good to see K.C overcome the rEFFING, in that game.

(Much like I observed MIN do - not that they were underdogs, or anything - Thanksgiving.)

LAC has now lost 8-in-a-row - and, Rivers threw 3 MORE int's (like he did, Week 3) - to dey.

I can't believe Pitt lost that. And Thought the Titans would get what looks like a must win vs SF.  Jimmy G is legit!.

I got the Falcons tonight, but as a Cowboys fan I need TB to upset them. Please Julio, nothing more than 50 fantasy points.  And Mile Evans, at least 31 pts will do #fantasy

2 hours ago, kamphuna8 said:

I can't believe Pitt lost that. And Thought the Titans would get what looks like a must win vs SF.  Jimmy G is legit!.

I got the Falcons tonight, but as a Cowboys fan I need TB to upset them. Please Julio, nothing more than 50 fantasy points.  And Mile Evans, at least 31 pts will do #fantasy

Luckily, the Falcons tie with the Bucs, Titans, and 49ers for hardest remaining schedule.  So even if the Falcons win tonight, they still have rematches against the Saints and Panthers.

Also, the Cowboys could still clinch a playoff berth by winning out, and then either the Saints, Panthers, or Falcons losing twice.  Oh yeah!  And the Lions lose once.  Though I suppose in a three-way tie, the Cowboys would still win based on conference record (except against the Falcons, who had beaten both teams anyways).

1 hour ago, Mike Gordan said:

Luckily, the Falcons tie with the Bucs, Titans, and 49ers for hardest remaining schedule.  So even if the Falcons win tonight, they still have rematches against the Saints and Panthers.

Also, the Cowboys could still clinch a playoff berth by winning out, and then either the Saints, Panthers, or Falcons losing twice.  Oh yeah!  And the Lions lose once.  Though I suppose in a three-way tie, the Cowboys would still win based on conference record (except against the Falcons, who had beaten both teams anyways).

Still feels like even if they win out. A big IF if you will, it will still be too much too little too late. 

Time will tell. 

Totally bangin' 1st Place, were:

Bodom and kamphuna8  14-2

Followed by Mike G. and gojiphung tractor  13-3

{And iThundercat got 12 right: DEN, DET, K.C, PHI, MIN, BAL, CAR, N.O, BUF, JAX, DAL, ATL}

Edited by Bolt