Different Sprites by position

Please excuse my ignorance if this has been answered already, but is there a way in either TSB or Original TB to change the player sizes or use the sizes of players that was used in NES Ice Hockey. Attached is an example of what I mean.  The O and D linemen could be the Bigger players. The Tight Ends, full backs, linebackers and some safeties could be the mid sized character and the skinny characters could be the Quarterback, Half Back, Wide Receivers, Cornerback/Safety, Punters, Kickers (Except Janikowski who would be a mid sized player).  Just wondering if this is possible???

post-10784-0-98144200-1401684074_thumb.p

Please excuse my ignorance if this has been answered already, but is there a way in either TSB or Original TB to change the player sizes or use the sizes of players that was used in NES Ice Hockey. Attached is an example of what I mean.  The O and D linemen could be the Bigger players. The Tight Ends, full backs, linebackers and some safeties could be the mid sized character and the skinny characters could be the Quarterback, Half Back, Wide Receivers, Cornerback/Safety, Punters, Kickers (Except Janikowski who would be a mid sized player).  Just wondering if this is possible???

cool idea.  but the one player graphic that is used takes up a LOT of space, with all the variations and poses, etc that the player performs - so you would need 3x the graphics space.  then, you would need to write some (at least really complicated, probably impossible due to NES graphics limitations) new code to make the idea work.  Imagine the flickering.

post-5602-0-26473500-1401714716_thumb.pn

I guess you're right. From what I can remember, in the NES Ice Hockey game the players animaiton are fixed in a 2D position like a side scrolling video game.  They don't have a different look if they skate up or down they stay "flat" for lack of a better description. 

I guess you're right. From what I can remember, in the NES Ice Hockey game the players animaiton are fixed in a 2D position like a side scrolling video game.  They don't have a different look if they skate up or down they stay "flat" for lack of a better description. 

The players in Ice Hockey actually do have separate animations for forward/back, up/down, and diagonal.  I spent a few months earlier this year creating a few 'hacked' Ice Hockey ROMs.  As you can see from below, and the pic buck posted above, there's about 4x the animations in TSB, which would make this very difficult.  It would be cool making the OL fat and punters/kickers skinny, though.

post-5893-0-03398400-1401806989_thumb.jp