Best way to manage draft?

JonValjean

I’m working on starting up a small league with some friends and coworkers.  We want to redraft the rosters each season. I’ve noticed this is something other leagues do as well, so I was hoping to get some feedback on the best way to handle editing the rom to support the drafted rosters.  

The way we do it is that we use the first round to draft our "base" team.  So you pick one of the 32 NFL teams and you'll adopt that team's defense, offensive line, and offensive back-ups.  Then we use the next 6 rounds to draft our starting QB, RB1, WR1, WR2, TE, and FLEX position, which can be either a RB or WR.  For us, it gets more complicated because each team also has a salary cap and each player has a salary but you might not want to deal with all that.  In any case, I would recommend NOT re-drafting an entire team's roster because of the massive amount of time you'll spend editing rosters.

We also added an option where you could cut a defensive player, recoup his salary, and replace him with an upgrade at that position, as long as that upgraded player isn't already on someone else's base team (i.e. if someone took the Seahawks as a their base team, then nobody can draft a Seahawks defensive player).

Then I edit the rosters with TSBToolSupreme.

If you want to check out our full league rules, visit our league website at renotecmoleague.weebly.com.