Sign in to follow this  
War Machine

Thunderdome X Game Recaps: Group Play (CHI-KC, CIN-MIA, MIN-WAS, JET-NO, PHX-DAL)

1 hour ago, mrsdzruy65 said:

Group I

I won toss, was P1 and chose PHX-DAL

Nathan picked PHX and I pick Dal. Phx throws into triple coverage and throws 5 picks. Dal does the same thing and throws 0 picks. Smith runs and burns for all the TD's I think. 38-7 GG Nathan.

Edited by mrsdzruy65

Group D

Tundrayeti wins toss calls KC CHI

ODell selects KC 

Recovering 2 of their of fumble recoveries, KC punches one in at the horn to make it 14-0 ATH, getting the pill. 

The next 4 KC drives would see 2 picks, a punt, and a missed FG. CHI would lose a fum, and turn one turnover into a TD, but couldn't punch it in, inside the red zone in the games final minute. GG Tundrayeti. Well played man!

KC 14

CHI 7

Will upload files when I get home late night. 

Group B strep

I won toss

I called NYJ NOLA

QBlions took NYJ and kickedoff>>>>>> close game, Drone JJ int by Clifton or EMac on short route could have been the difference but Rickey Jackson dive tackle caused fumble on next play getting the ball back to NOLA O, 17-10 final in favor of the Saints

GG Bro

TPC_TSB_tapmeter.ns9

domelion.nsv

Edited by oklahoma

Group H  ,  SuicideKing Won Toss, He called No NyJ I took No..........                    Recap= Game was played on console at Ct hotel. G's 1st drive got an Fg...mY 1st drive Td...Added a Late Fg just be half after an Fumble recovery ...Lost an fumble for jets insta scoop score Td....Saints score on 3rd and 1o run....Gerald ties with a min. left...Tied at 17...Heyward gets a good return to Midfield...setting up the Gw Fg as time expired. Great Game @suicideking81 Sorry we couldn't stream it.  No 2o NyJ 17

20171201_182743.jpg

• Your Group - J
  • Who won toss - Jesus
  • Matchup called by coin toss winner - KC/CHI
  • Team that coin toss loser chose - CHI
  • Brief happenings of the game (doesnt need to be a novel) or link to your youtube/twitch video or stream.

Stream:  https://www.twitch.tv/videos/206100897

Bears win 30-24 in OT.  Bears racked up 350+ yards of total offense with Tomzach leading the way with 73% completion percentage and 203 yards/2 TDs.  Very intense game that saw a tie and two lead changes in the final quarter, including long JJ as time was expiring, but KC fumbled out of bounds and stopped the clock, which led to a tying FG.  GG Jesus

jesus.nsv

TPC_TSB.ns1

Edited by War Machine

-Group E

-Coin toss winner-Prime

-Matchup called- Jets vs Saints

-Jets (Shield)

-Saints (Prime)

Saints win 20-17 in a tough matchup, that could have went either way. Game could have been out of reach had the Saints capitalized when they were up 17-7 however, The Shield put together a great drive and played tight defense as he intercepted John Fourcade in the last quarter with under 3 minutes left. He capitalized on the turnover with a touchdown to make it 17-17. The Saints Dalton Hilliard broke free from a grapple to get the Saints within FG range to seal the win. GG all around!

• Your Group - J
  • Who won toss - cubsfan
  • Matchup called by coin toss winner - MIA/CIN
  • Team that coin toss loser chose - MIA
  • Brief happenings of the game (doesnt need to be a novel) or link to your youtube/twitch video or stream.

I'm drunk now... game was a close one... very laggy due to the hotel WIFI that arn was on.  regardless, I had a two score lead, arn scored, I had the ball and fumbled, arn couldn't score, but had the ball at the 20 or so.  21-17 good guys

TPC_TSB_tapmeter.ns1

arn.nsv

Group M

bruddog won toss

CHI-KC

JBrooks takes KC

Not too much to recap here. Solid drive by bears and its 7-0. KC gets picked off or fumbles and another drive and its 14-0. It was a calvalcade on ints by the chiefs and fubmles as they had 4 interceptions and a lost fumble. Final score was 41-0. Felt bad running        it up. Thanks for being a good spoort JBrooks 

*Group E

*Coin toss winner: Shallahbey

*Matchup called: KC/Chi

*Shallahbey-Chi

*the_shield-KC

Da Bears won the coin toss and decided to return to open the game, he went down the field in fashion as KC's defense decided they were taking the 1st quarter off. 7-0 Bears. KC's returns the favor marching right down the field as Okoye rams through the Bears D. The score is now 7-7. After the 1st quarter D.Thomas gets a phone call from who other than DT and this phone call ignites the rest of the KC defense as it shuts down the Bears offense the rest of the half. Injury prone Deberg decides he wants a chance in the_shield's hall of fame and comes out gunning it around as KC goes up 21-7 at half. The second half starts just as it ended with Deberg on fire, KC now goes up 28-7. After a couple of extra stickum JJ's, the Bears score and the final ends up being 28-14. GG to Shallahbey and this would seemingly set up a matchup between Ryan11p and the_sheild for all the marbles to move on in the Thunderdome.

TPC_TSB_tapmeter.ns2

Group M

bruddog won toss

MIN-WAS

kamp takes MIN

Good game here. Kamp grinds his way down but the defense comes up with a hold around the 20 or so. 3-0 kamp. I get a big 15-10 outtap on a run 1 and byner takes it in for the score 7-3. Kamp takes most of the rest of the 2nd qtr to drive down but settles for a        4th down pass instead of a long FG but it fails and gets picked off in the endzone. Washington has a chance for one bomb...millard blitzes...sanders is running free at the bottom but its airmailed out of bounds. SMH. However rypien would atone as the redskins

drive down the field on some nice running again. On a picked pass 4 rypien somehow avoids the rush and finds byner for the TD to make it 14-3. Kamp has a solid drive powered by Walker and a long carter catch. A good Walker punches it in to make things

close. 14-10. Rypien throws into deep to Clark and it falls harmlessly off the dbs. The second try was a charm as Rypien leads CLark on a deep bomb and Clark dives for it to secure the win. 21-10. Wilson gets picked on a JJ attempt. Byner is tackled at the 1

trying to add on extra points.

Final 21-10

GG Kamp

GG Bruddog Youtube Below

group L RICO VS. TADAOS

i won toss and selected minn. was.tadaos selected was.

i recieve ball and drive down field with a long opening drive and punch it in the endzone with hershal walker. his following drive comes to a end with a wide open 4th down drop. i was able to add field goal right before half making it 10-0 minny at the half. it was all defense in the second half walker fumbling twice and washington turning it over on downs final score 10-0

TPC_TSB_tapmeter.ns1

Group N has three 2-1 teams advance I believe. My wins:

vs. Sammie Smith, I'm MIN he's WAS. Tough game all around, as WAS can't advance the ball and MIN drives quickly when they have it. 35-7 I think was the final score, but I'm checking with Sammie.

vs. Disasta, I'm MIN he's WAS (I call this one). Closer game here, but WAS again gets behind early and doesn't score at all until a garbage time (very nice) 4th and goal run. Disasta went for it on 4th down a lot with limited success, which was the story of the game here (and also the story of our sweet 16 game in Madison where he stopped me multiple times on 4th and medium). 21-7 final score. The WAS TD could play a role in tiebreaking. Byner ran back and forth behind the line for what seemed like forever before he found a seam to score.

• Group D
  • swampc1
  • DAL v PHX
  • DAL
  • Smith fumbled on 1st play of 1st drive which swampc1 quickly turned into 7. After that I don't recall any further turnovers, and DAL kicked a FG at half to go up 10-7. Each team put together respectable drives in the second half, and there was some fine running w/ Johnson. Novacek basically won the game for DAL w/ 3 big catches for 149 yards (2 of which JJ).
  • Final score 17-14.

TPC_TSB_tapmeter-Thunderdome-w-v-swampc1.ns6

TPC_TSB_tapmeter-Thunderdome_v_swamp.nsv

Group B

Bo won the toss

Match-up called was Min-Was

Regulator chooses Min

Definitely a different game playing without out tapping someone, but many things remain the same. Bo started the game with ball and converted a 3rd and 22 deep in his own territory for a TD via Rypien -> Clark. Minnesota returned the favor with a deep ball of their own to Carter and worked it in from the 10 after a couple plays to tie 7-7. Bo was held on downs his next possession leading to a Min FG 10-7. Bo couldn't muster anything before half as a FG was blocked leaving it at 10-7. Min got ball and with another deep ball I think was able to put 7 on board to lead 17-7. Bo turned it over on downs again leading to another Min FG 20-7. Was scores on their next possession to close the gap 20-14, but the ensuing onside kick was house by Carter giving Min the lock lead 27-14 with a minute or so to go. Bo bombed it for a score on the last play for the final 27-21.

GG GLRW

TPC_TSB_tapmeter.ns1

Dome Rd 1 Bo.nsv

Group K

Zuir won the toss

Match-up called was CHI - KC

GameHigh chooses KC

A grinding defensive match-up with back and forth defensive stops.  Some were by design and others by INT or fumble.  Zero punts of course.  The Chiefs moved the ball on the opening drive but stalled out and settle for a FG.  Chicago responded with a deep drive inside the KC 5, but also had to settle for a FG.  Okoye broke a few large runs up the middle to keep KC in decent field position and eventually break through for a 10 - 3 lead.  KC offset disaster with Deberg tossing 2 INTs with 2 INTs of Tomczak and a fortunate fumble by Neal Anderson.  Anderson broke through for few long runs to tie it up at 10.  In the fourth quarter, KC switched up to few more pass plays and Paige snagged a go-ahead TD late.  Chicago ran out of time at the end.  Final score Chiefs 17 - Bears 10.

GG Zuir and GLRW

thunderdome_g2.nsv

TPC_TSB_tapmeter.ns1

Group G
Darth Rockman won the toss
Match-up called was CHI - KC
MattyD chooses Chicago

Final 28-7 

Game began with the Bears offense firing on all cylinders. JJ TD before half by Johnny Bailey was a dagger early on. If not for that TD then it might have been a tied game after half. Bears rush for over 200 yards on the day. GG to Darth.

TPC_TSB_tapmeter.ns1

*Group E

*Coin toss winner: the_shield

*Matchup called: Minn/Wash

*Ryan11p- Wash

*the_shield-Minn

Minn received and had a huge break early in the game and got back a fumble by Walker. A nice little drive afterwards and Minn goes up 7-0. Wash opened up their drive and ended up throwing a pick but Minn could not capitalize as Wash returned the favor and picked one off themselves in the endzone. A nice drive was going until Rypien again threw a pick. After a couple long runs by Walker, Minn leads 14-0 at the half. Wash gets the ball and has a nice drive going but a fumble helps me get my third turnover of the game. After some weird dsync issues we start up again and it's back and forth with little scoring. Minn wins 17-0. GG Ryan.

Group B

Coin Toss winner: Casual T

Calls: CHI/KC

QBLions takes KC

KC takes a 14-0 lead into halftime in control.  The bears bounce back with an unreal 6:30 drive that ends with a TD and a blocked XP by DT.  KC goes 3 and out and punts, plays some prevent Defense and the bears score as the game ends.  Another blocked XP makes it 14-12 KC

TPC_TSB_tapmeter.ns2

Group B

QB Lions wins toss

Calls Min/was

Regulator picks Min

This was a back and forth game decided by an opening 2nd half fumble on the KR by Washington. Min was able to punch that in and take a 17-7 lead and held on to win 24-17. GG Lions.

TPC_TSB_tapmeter.ns1

Dome Rd 1 QBLIONS.nsv

Group J

Arnc wins toss

calls Mia vs Cin

Jesus picks Mia

tight game throughout.. after getting unlucky early with a fumble the tide turns back Mia way late.. gg Arnc

https://www.twitch.tv/videos/206846436

DOLPHINS1 21

BENGALS1 14

arncthunderdomerd1cinvsmia.nsv

TPC_TSB_tapmeter.ns1

Edited by War Machine

Group C vs. purplehaze

I win toss, call PHX/DAL

haze takes PHX

Emmitt fumbles first run from scrimmage which haze converts into a TD.  From there the conditions bent heavily in Dallas' favor and the Cowboys forced a couple of turnovers en route to a 24-7 win.  Most of my key players in good at least and many on his side in bad.  

GG haze!

TPC_TSB_tapmeter.ns1