Sign in to follow this  
War Machine

Thunderdome X Game Recaps: Group Play (CHI-KC, CIN-MIA, MIN-WAS, JET-NO, PHX-DAL)

• Group G
  • SImple SImon won toss
  • Minn vs Wash
  • JP the coin toss loser took washington

OVertime thriller here! Washington kicks off and minn fumbles 2 plays later. Washington scores to go up 7-0. Minnesota stalls on their drive and Washington gets the ball. Wash turns it over on downs and minnesota scores before half. Wash gets ball at half and scores. minnesota and washington trade punts and then minn scores before the end of regulation to force overtime. Minnesota gets the toss but goes 3 and out. Washington gets ball and putts down field to get the score to win. State and record atached.

Record vs S.nsv

TPC_TSB_tapmeter.ns1

• Group N
  • SammieSmith wins toss
  • Bears-Chiefs
  • Bears
  • Inspired by Joeygats and a potential chiefs opponent throwing into coverage, I chose the bears. chiefs receive. bears get a quick 3rd and out and score quick. bears recover a fumble the next possession. I called a ton of plays this game that led to a shutout. FINAL 19-0

TPC_TSB_tapmeter.ns1

Drake, 

That write up was hilarious.  Good stuff.  Especially the crackhead Irvin.  You real wrote with actual facts.

23 hours ago, drake said:

Dista,

Not a quality write up. You forgot to mention your Nostradamus skills that game and how you picked 50 percent of my plays.    You also didn't mention T-Zack's supreme accuracy that game, and your Barry Sanders'esque moves behind the line of scrimmage with Neal.  This just my two cents added.  It was a fun game none the less.  Thanks,

Kris

• Group G
  • Simple Simon wins toss
  • Match-up Called- Jets/Saints
  • I chose Jets
  • Good game. Simon had a couple of fumbles, but played competitively. GG

TDSimonvsMattyD.nsv

• Group G
  • Justin Peters wins toss
  • Match-up called- Dallas PHX
  • I chose Dallas
  • JP fumbled early. I took a 14-0 lead and it looked like it was getting out of hand, but I fumbled twice and it came down to a last drive to tie up the game.  GG.  https://www.twitch.tv/videos/205181320
Edited by War Machine

• Group C - MadTown vs Purple Haze
  • Madtown won toss
  • Matchup called by coin toss winner - CIN/MIA
  • Team that coin toss loser chose - MIA
  • Mia off to quick 14-0 lead. Cin hits a bomb and adds a fg before half. Cincy gets 2nd half kickoff and scores. MIA responds with 7 to make it 17-21 to start 4th quarter. Cincy fumbles but stops MIA and blocks a FG. Runs down field to score with :30 seconds left. Cincy narrowly escapes with a 24-21 win as a Scott Mitchell bomb barely misses as time expires. GG Purplehaze!
  •  

TPC_TSB_tapmeter.ns1

THUNDERXSPLIFFvsPURPLEHAZE.nsv

Stalltalk vs. Barletti

• Group A
  • Stalltalk won toss
  • Stalltalk called Chiefs/Bears
  • Barletti picked da Bears.
  • This was an absolute sweat fest of defensive effort from both teams. The Chiefs started with a fumble on their first possession, but the defense held on their side of the field for a turnover on downs. De Berg and company marched down to the Bears goal line, but had to settle for 3. Trailing 3-0, the Bears were setting up for the tying field goal, but they couldn't spike the ball in time to stop the clock, half. DT came up with the play of the game with an interception in the 2nd half, leading to the Chiefs' first TD. The Bears put together a nice scoring drive in the 4th quarter, but it was a long one and the Chiefs recovered the onside kick after a Neal Anderson TD. Stalltalk wins it 10-7.

TPC_TSB_tapmeter.ns7

Edited by stalltalk

Group N

• Drake wins toss
  • Drake calls Miami-Cincy
  • I take Miami
  • Drake receives and tears me apart down the field to score 7-0. After crossing midfield I take a shot at what I thought was an open Jensen with Fulcher charging marino. There was a defender back but Jensen JJ's for the TD. 7-7.  Drake goes for it on 4th at midfield and I come up with a stop with a minute left in the 2nd. a weird desync occurs where both our screens go black but we here the clock countdown. We had to reset and we decided to punt until I have the ball at the 40 with a minute left. I score right before half with a CC on fulcher. 14-7. I received and scored with some nice hot routes. 21-7. we both would score one time. 2nd half not close. final was 28-14. (save state will show 21-7 because after desync we started at 0-0 instead of 7-7)

TPC_TSB_tapmeter.ns1

Edited by disastamasta142

MIA would recover 2 fumbles in a sea of orange and black at end of second half, then put it in on a CC in Fulcher's face. That series definitely took the wind out my sails. Though I would add a cheesy double CC for my 2nd TD which balanced the tecmo cheese out, sorta.  Yah I've never seen that glitch before. GG

Group K

• Who won toss: Me
  • Matchup called by coin toss winner: MIN v WASH
  • Team that coin toss loser chose MIN
  • Me vs Player121 and he stole my Vikings from me. We exchange scores and then he fumbles on a sack I believe. I score then he gets a JJ and then scores with only a little time before half. He blitzes me to avoid the JJ bomb before half but Ricky Sanders grabs the burn route and just barely houses it. After half we exchange more scores but I get an additional FG. He fails on 4th down to essentially end it. GG Player

WASH (VikingMoe) = 31

MIN (Player121) = 21

**Stan Humphries had 100% comp %

TDome_MoePlayer.nsv

TPC_TSB_tapmeter.ns1

@trojan1979 @TimBoneCleveland and Green Bay are not one of the matchups in group play.    I've linked the rules/format numerous times on discord, had a nice pretty picture made in the group announcement and its in the title of the recap thread. 

This game must be replayed.

• Group F
  • I won toss
  • I called PHX/DAL
  • Baxter chose DAL
  • I won 30-17.  It was a back and forth game.  I had a huge CC that changed the game in the 4th.  If it was intercepted, Baxter would have won most likely.

randywags25_vs_baxter_thunderdome.nsv

TPC_TSB_tapmeter.ns3

group L

rico VS. jebigred
rico won toss and selected k.c vs. chi
jebigred selected  k.c.
both team scored on there first drive. kc. finding paige for one of his 2 scores.and anderson scoring also one of his 2 scores. 14-14 at half. but k.c. was stopped on 4th down several time in the second half and chi. pulls away. 24-14

TPC_TSB_tapmeter.ns1

Edited by ryanr33fulcher

Group C, ptitteri wins toss, chooses Bears v Chiefs.  Toolie takes Bears

Back and forth battle, featuring two fumbles taken to the house.  Toolie wins the toss in OT, but the Chiefs come up big on D to force a punt, and a "good" condition Okoye is too much for the Bears D in OT, leading to a 27-21 win for the Chiefs.  Great game Toolie, and good luck the rest of the way.

https://www.twitch.tv/videos/205718968

image.thumb.png.bb9e316a291144949ac5d6e2d4738176.png

Edited by ptitteri

War Machine vs Odell

• Group D
  • War Machine wins toss, calls PHX/DAL
  • Odell selects DAL
  • PHX stops Dallas on downs on the first drive and scores after some CC's including a 4th down called red gun (although it looked like defender got there just a fraction late.)  Rosenbach goes in excellent and Johnny Johnson in good and after some other key stops, PHX takes control to win the game.  21-3

GG Odell and glrw.

Edited by War Machine

War Machine vs Swampc1

• Group D
  • War Machine wins toss, calls KC-CHI
  • Swamp selects CHI
  • Chiefs get a stop on downs and take the lead 7-0.  After an INT, they go up 14-0 and ensuing kickoff fumble and eventual TD seals it for the Chiefs.  21-7 Final.

GG Swamp.  The fumble was brutal. Glrw

Group I

I won toss, was P1 and chose Jets-NO

Nos picked NO (just as I thought he would), and I pick the Jets. Terrible fumble to recover to NO. He scores quickly for 7-0. 2nd quarter I pound it eventually for tie score only for Nos to run it all the way back for the TD. I play horrid offense and give it back, he kicks only for it to get blocked only to recover and almost run it in. 7-14. Nos get ball kicks ball for 17-7 I stuff it in on 4th down for 14-17. Nos kindly throws a pick and I kick the FG to tie. OT Nos gets nothing done on offense and I run in the winning score.

23-17

Duece vs Barletti

• Group A
  • Duece wins toss, calls PHX-DAL
  • Bar selects DAL
  • A back and forth game for both teams. I got the ball first and took what felt like a lifetime to score and Barletti gets the ball two passes later its 7up in a cup. Fast forward to 3rd qtr its tied 14-14 I believe. I got ball and went down to score then got a stop forcing a punt only to throw into coverage deep and get picked. Game comes down to the 4th 21-21 game winning drive by phx led by johnny. We get to the one and fumble the ball which looks like it went oob and shouldve been a touchback but luckily ended up staying my ball. Few plays later we punch it in to seal it.

GG Spaghetti sorry it had to be you lol