Sign in to follow this  
War Machine

Thunderdome X Game Recaps: Group Play (CHI-KC, CIN-MIA, MIN-WAS, JET-NO, PHX-DAL)

Challonge Link:  http://challonge.com/ThunderdomeXGroup

Matchup Call Tracker:  http://tecmobowl.org/forums/topic/69977-thunderdome-x-matchup-call-tracker/

Please post your game recaps in this thread.  If you stream your game, i still need to know some of the details to help track matchup calls.  Please try to include the following in your recap:

• Your Group (e.g. Group A)
  • Who won toss
  • Matchup called by coin toss winner
  • Team that coin toss loser chose
  • Brief happenings of the game (doesnt need to be a novel) or link to your youtube/twitch video or stream.

Please include save state as attachment

Matchups to use in Group Play are:  CHI-KC, CIN-MIA, MIN-WAS, JET-NO, PHX-DAL

Edited by War Machine

• Group H
  • I won toss
  • NO/NYJ
  • NYJ
  • 28-14 No Over Nyj...I got ball fumbled on 1st play then hank got picked off. I went up early 14 to 0. Went on to win. GG hank. Ty to joey for helping with stream and connection

TPC_TSB_tapmeter.ns1

NovsNyjRed98setvsHank.nsv

Edited by red98sethuthut

Stalltalk vs. Dueceloose

• Group A
  • Stalltalk won toss
  • Stalltalk called Vikings/Redskins
  • Duece picked the Redskins
  • Duece fumbled 3 times in this one. The first time on his long opening drive in the Vikings' Red zone. The next fumble was on the ensuing punt after a 3-and-out by the Vikings, which was housed for a TD. The Redskins later on fumbled near their own goal line to give Minnesota another short field. The teams traded scores in the 4th quarter to make this one 31-14 Vikings (Stalltalk). 

TPC_TSB_tapmeter.ns5

Group B.

PHX DAL called by myself vs Casual T in group play he took DAL.

I won toss.

Pretty much 2 stops in this one failed to convert on his first drive and his last. Otherwise I ran out of clock taking a shot at the endzone w/ 15 sec left in 1st half from about the 20 instead of FG try.  Emmit gave the PHX secondary a run for their money w/ Lonnie and Mac both in bad chasing him all over the field. final 21-14 PHX

tdo.nsv

TPC_TSB_tapmeter.ns9

Edited by oklahoma

iGroup M

JBrooks won toss 

JBrooks called CIN/MIA

PrimeTime chose MIA

JBrooks first drive fumble, second int, third fumble, 4th fumble, 5-6 ints.... the tecmo gods were not on Jbrooks side today. Primetime can't call it a win. Just bad luck for JBrooks

PrImeTime defeats JBrooks 49-0

TPC_TSB_tapmeter.ns1

Edited by RunningRiot

• Group H
  • Lou won the toss
  • Lou called CHI/KC
  • ODT took KC
  • KC Defense was too much throughout. Drone DT did WORK. McNair got some yards on the ground and Paige came up with a couple big catches for a smooth 28-7 win. GG big Lou. 

Watch it here. Or don't. Whatever. : https://www.twitch.tv/videos/204889172?from-redirect=true

TPC_TSB_tapmeter.ns8

Shallahbey 14  KC

Ryan11p 40 CHI

Shallahbey won the toss to pick matchup

Had some luck early got a safety of on a called pass 4

First play on O Anderson scores 

KC scores then Bears pull away big with 2 more unanswered 

Bears get ball at half score again game gets out of hand.

Happy to come off the the Prime beating with a good Bears showing!!

GROUP L

Jebigred won the toss

Jebigred called Jets-Saints

Hock took the Jets

Hock defeats Jebigred 28-16

He kicked off to me, I get tackled on the 5, next play was a picked play safety.  2-0 Saints, he drives all the way to my 20, Fennerty fumbles.  I drive and score. 7-2 Jets,  Get a 4th down stop, I drive and score again 14-2.  He gets ball and I think I stop him again.  Drive and score 21-2.  He hits on his next drive, 21-9.  I hit on my next drive 28-9.  Martin hits a streaking td in double coverage and makes it 28-16.  Kickoff ran out the clock.  GG Jebigred

TPC_TSB_tapmeter.ns1

ThunderdomeXJebigredRD1.nsv

GROUP N

Sammie won toss

Sammie choose PHX/DAL

Drake took DAL

DAL over PHX in OT

Looked bleak for the Cards in the first half, with Rosey overthrowing a wide open Proehl on drive 1, which forced a punt and resulted in a TD for DAL. Drive 2, PHX stall in the red zone and bring out Del Greco whose wild arrow misses the chip shot. DAL able to convert again before half. 14-0

But as many know I have a hard time putting away games. Troy tries to get cute against Lonnie and he JJ ints his ass. Cards can't be stopped this time, JJ brings it for the TD. Next drive, Troy has wide open playmaker 60 yards downfield, gimme TD, overthrown - Tecmo karma bit my ass there and I had to punt. Cards able to stuff one more in with about 2 min left. 14-14

Troy finally connects with Cokehead Irvin and sets up the game winning FG from 43 out. It's lined up, perfect! BUT Ken Harvey that asshole, blocks it. We go to OT. Dallas gets the toss, busts a few long Emmitt runs and finish it off 20-14 on a Novacek reception. What a game!

GG K :D

TPC_TSB_tapmeter.ns1

tpcsam.nsv

• Group F
  • I won toss
  • Vikings vs Redskins
  • JPtheBowler took Vikings
  • randywags25 (skins) beat jpthebowler (vikings) 31-0.  I was able to get some turnovers and stuffed him for only 50 total yards.
  • GG JP 

randywags25_vs_jpthebowler_thunderdome.nsv

TPC_TSB_tapmeter.ns2

Edited by randywags25

GROUP N

Bo won toss

Bo chose KC/CHI

Drake took KC

KC over CHI 28-21

Good back and forth battle had KC down 14-7 at the half after a big Okoye fumble on first drive.  Chiefs open up 2nd half with a score, 14-14. Bears and Chiefs trade scores. It's 21-21 going into the 4th. Bears held to 4th deep in their own territory but decide to go for it anyway. Tomczak has a man open buts throws it a yard or two off target allowing the streaking defender to get there. Over? DeBerg thinks so, when he sees Robb up top he sees dollar signs, but Carrier sneaks in and snatches it on the Bears 2. 3rd down comes up for CHItown, it's a pass play, it's picked, desperation throw results in a KC int! This time, they finish the deal with a Word up the middle plug. Bears have a last minute hail mary chance, throw it to Neal, and the throw is off by maybe a half second, doinking just out the endzone right out the reach of Anderson.

GG bo

Moving on, woop!

Next to see if i can get some payback on Disasta who knocked me out last time, in a not close manner. :P

TPC_TSB_tapmeter.ns1

tpcbo.nsv

Edited by drake

• Group K
  • I won the toss.
  • And called PHX v DAL
  • Gamehigh chose PHX
  • Gamehigh had a very nice drive down the field to go up 7-0. Emmitt had a few big runs before half and Novacek caught some passes for a couple TDs. 14-7. Second half, I went up 21-7, he threw a pick in the EZ, I went up 28-7, and that was really it. Lot of luck on the Cowboys side. Aikman went in to EXCELLENT, but still threw two picks.
  • Good game, Gamehigh, and good luck the rest of the way - thanks for making the time to play!

Screen Shot 2017-11-27 at 11.45.47 PM.png

TPC_TSB_tapmeter.ns1

9 hours ago, OL' Dirty Tecmo said:
  • Group H
  • Lou won the toss
  • Lou called CHI/KC
  • ODT took KC
  • KC Defense was too much throughout. Drone DT did WORK. McNair got some yards on the ground and Paige came up with a couple big catches for a smooth 28-7 win. GG big Lou. 

Watch it here. Or don't. Whatever. : https://www.twitch.tv/videos/204889172?from-redirect=true

TPC_TSB_tapmeter.ns8

My game recap=I just sucked that game. Gg though 

• Group D
  • Swamp wins toss, calls NO/NYJ
  • ODell selects NO

Saints get out to early 14-0 lead, but Jets claw back, get a score before the half, and then another on a Blair Thomas run to begin 3rd, 14-14.  Hilliard busts a long one, 21-14.  Jets right back, on a JJ to Rob Moore, 21-21.  Heyward puts NO back on top from Fourcade, 28-21.  Jets get the rock back with 2:40 left, get beyond midfield, with under a minute to play, but the offset dive Blair Thomas run is a called play, fum, and housed by Pat Swilling, who capped off a big day (INT).  35-21 ODell over Swamp.  GG bud, GLRW man!

TPC_TSB_tapmeter_ODell_NO_Swamp_NYJ.zip

Group k

I lose toss

Player121x picks saints vs jets

I pick jets

Jets get ball first and throw an end zone int.

Saints get ball and score to go up 7-0. I think jets get ball and tie it 7-7 but saints score right after two times and go up 21-7 in the 3rd quarter.   Al toon is in excellent so jets bomb it to toon and get a TD and it's 21-14 saints up. Jets get an int and then a JJ to tie it up 21-21 in the 4th quarter. Saints punt and jets throw a JJ TD right before time expires for the win. 

28-21 jets win.

Gg player121x

2 hours ago, segathonsov said:

nice vid, how did you make it with the voice over?

just a headset w/mic.  xsplit gamecaster records both the game play and the mic input as you play.  I need to put the mic farther from my mouth next time so me breathing like a moron doesn't come through on the vids lol