New Orleans @ LARams

Jacksonville @ Arizona

8:30pmE.T.

Green Bay @ Pittsburgh

--------------------------------------------

Monday, 11/27 8:30pmE.T.

Houston @ Baltimore

Re-cap of WEEK 11 Borgger picks:

http://tecmobowl.org/forums/topic/69972-week-11-pickem/?do=findComment&comment=486757

http://tecmobowl.org/forums/topic/69972-week-11-pickem/?do=findComment&comment=486766

Edited by Bolt
Bolded Winners.

Week 12:

Minnesota Vikings vs. Detroit Lions:  This is one of the few toss-up games left in the season.  We know the Vikings are a Super Bowl contender, but we also know that the Lions--who are one of two teams so far to have beaten the Vikings--are notably strong in Thanksgiving games, especially as of late.  I don't really have the most confidence to pick one team over the other.

LA Chargers vs. Dallas Cowboys:  In stark contrast, ever since Ezekiel Elliot's suspension, the Cowboys have only scored 16 points in two games.  The Chargers, meanwhile, are attempting to turn their season around and now have an opportunity to make the playoffs.  Both teams absolutely need to win this game, but I'm gonna have to go with the Chargers.

NY Giants vs. Washington Redskins:  I'm picking the Redskins to win this game.  So long as Kirk Cousins is their QB, and so long as there are no 50 MPH winds, the Giants don't really have much of a chance at winning this game.

Cleveland Browns vs. Cincinnati Bengals:  Until the Browns finally win a game, I can no longer pick them to win anything.

Carolina Panthers vs. New York Jets:  Now this game just sort of screams trap game for the Panthers.  Both teams are coming back from their bye week as well.  Do I have the confidence to pick the Jets to win?  Eh...not really.

Tennessee Titans vs. Indianapolis Colts:  Yet another game that looks like it might be a trap.  Except it's much more probable for the Titans to possibly choke this game away.  Seriously, there's nothing there that would inspire me to pick them other than the fact that they're matched up with bad football teams, and they're probably going to win anyways.

Tampa Bay Buccaneers vs. Atlanta Falcons:  After finally getting a win in Seattle, do I honestly think the Falcons are gonna lose to the Bucs?  Honestly, I doubt it.  Even if they are that much better with Ryan Fitzpatrick at QB.

Miami Dolphins vs. New England Patriots:  Yeah, this is probably one of two picks I would make for my Survival Pool this week.  It would be funny to see them lose though.

Chicago Bears vs. Philadelphia Eagles:  Yet another easy pick for my weekly Survival Pool pick.  I'm going with the Eagles to win.

Buffalo Bills vs. Kansas City Chiefs:  Both of these teams are amidst major slumps for themselves.  Who do I trust more to come away with a win?  Probably not the team that benched their starting QB for a 5th round rookie who threw 5 interceptions in the first half against the Chargers.  Still, I'm not exactly all that trusting of the Chiefs by this point (again, following their 5-0 start, they've lost 4 of 5, winning only one game against the lowly Broncos).  Speaking of which, more on that a bit later.

Seattle Seahawks vs. San Francisco 49ers:  I somehow doubt the 49ers have what it takes to pull a huge upset win over a much depleted Seattle Seahawks secondary.  Unless Russell Wilson's brain matter gets splattered all over that shitty football field because the turf is atrocious, and his offensive line is made out of bubbles.

Denver Broncos vs. Oakland Raiders:  Until I see something remotely resembling an offense, I cannot in good graces give the Broncos even remotely a shot at winning another game the rest of the year.

New Orleans Saints vs. LA Rams:  Yet another toss-up game that is hard to settle on.  Sure, the Rams haven't exactly beaten anybody worth a damn outside of the Jaguars, but the Saints just suffered a serious injury to one of their best defensive linemen.  This is another toss-up game.

Jacksonville Jaguars vs. Arizona Cardinals:  The Jaguars do have what it takes to sabotage themselves against the lowly Cardinals, but otherwise, the Jaguars are a much better team.  Also, Blaine Gabbert.

Green Bay Packers vs. Pittsburgh Steelers:  We know just how much the Steelers enjoy playing down to their competition, especially since the Packers absolutely need to win this game if they want to maintain pace for the race to the playoffs.  Still, right now, the Steelers look so much better than the Packers do that I got to pick them to win this week.

Houston Texans vs. Baltimore Ravens:  Honestly, I do like the Ravens chances at winning this game, even if it isn't that cut-and-dry clear the outcome of this game.  I still think the Ravens are a much better team with their average Joe Flacco than a Texans squad utterly decimated by injuries.

Thursday, 11/23 12:30pmE.T.

Minnesota @ Detroit - I want to have hope for the Lions but let's be real...Keenum has been eating his Wheaties recently.

4:30pmE.T.

LAChargers @ Dallas - Interesting turn that the Cowboys have on schedule...starting here they can make a very good playoff run.

NYGiants @ Washington - The Giants are just AWFUL.  Period.  End of statement.  Their offense has scored a combined 25 points in their wins (they had to be spotted 10 points to beat Denver!)

Sunday, 11/26 1:00pmE.T.

Cleveland @ Cincinnati - I really can't think of a reason to pick the Browns.

Carolina @ NYJets

Tennessee @ Indianapolis

Tampa Bay Atlanta - Falcons are going to pull a Falcons in this one.  Just like they did against Seattle on MNF.  But Tampa is so undisciplined, I feel like Atlanta will still pull this one out.

Miami @ New England - Dolphins lose Ray Maualuga (because he got into a fight at a nightclub over his bar tab) and....really I can't name another defensive starter besides Suh.  Spells trouble going up against the defending champs.

Chicago @ Philadelphia - The Bears are pretty lousy too.

Buffalo @ Kansas City - The Bills defense is pretty scrappy but not knowing who's starting at QB is a MAJOR issue.  In 30 mins of football Pederman already has more INTs than some QBs in the league.

4:05pmE.T.

Seattle @ San Francisco

4:25pmE.T.

Denver @ Oakland - I get it...last time I picked Denver I was TERRIBLY wrong, Beast Mode is playing in his hometown in front of thousands of fans...and I'm STILL picking my boys!  #BroncoUp!

New Orleans @ LARams - I had trouble with this pick, but I think the loss to the Vikings brought the Rams back down to Earth.

Jacksonville @ Arizona

Green Bay @ Pittsburgh

Houston @ Baltimore - Tom Savage?  Eh, sticking with Baltimore here.

Thursday, 11/23 12:30pmE.T.

Minnesota @ Detroit

4:30pmE.T.

LAChargers @ Dallas

NYGiants @ Washington

Sunday, 11/26 1:00pmE.T.

Cleveland @ Cincinnati

Carolina @ NYJets

Tennessee @ Indianapolis

Tampa Bay Atlanta

Miami @ New England

Chicago @ Philadelphia

Buffalo @ Kansas City

4:05pmE.T.

Seattle @ San Francisco

4:25pmE.T.

Denver @ Oakland

New Orleans @ LARams

Jacksonville @ Arizona

Green Bay @ Pittsburgh

Houston @ Baltimore

Caddyshack_gopher.jpg

And...it looks to me like buck, Gopher, and myself are gonna be the ones that end up taking the Chargers game this week.  Truth be told, I saw literally no reason to pick the Cowboys after the utter offensive incompetence that I've seen coming out of Atlanta and Philadelphia.

18 hours ago, Mike Gordan said:

And...it looks to me like buck, Gopher, and myself are gonna be the ones that end up taking the Chargers game this week.  Truth be told, I saw literally no reason to pick the Cowboys after the utter offensive incompetence that I've seen coming out of Atlanta and Philadelphia.

One reason re the offensive incompetence was the return of Tyron Smith, and the return of Anthony Hitchens (With Sean Lee already out) after missing the second half vs the Iggles. Regardless, this is the nadir.  Can't lose any more and even with no more losses, still might not matter. 

You know, when I said that the Bills vs. Chiefs were a bit of a toss-up game, I didn't exactly expect EVERYBODY to pick the Chiefs to win.  Was falling apart at the seams during clutch situations such a vast improvement over falling apart at the seams by the deficit of 30+ points a game?  At least we know for certain that Tyrod Taylor is a much better fit for this Bills' offense.  Although even if they win out (which they won't; they still need to play the Patriots twice, plus, they need to steal at least one win from them), they still need an awful lot of help from other teams in making sure the Ravens fail to get there.

I also got the Jaguars vs. Cardinals pick wrong.  Only one person got that game right, and that was TecmoSuperFan.  To be fair, I did make the stipulation that the Jaguars could potentially sabotage themselves in that game.  And sure enough, they did.

Beyond that, I'm feeling pretty good.  At the very least, I may very well end up winning my first solo week.  Just one more game tomorrow--Houston Texans vs. Baltimore Ravens--and we'll see.  At the very least, I think I'm pretty much going to remain champion of this week's power rankings.  Still, everybody did a pretty bang-up job, as everybody has now hit 100 or more wins this week.  Except for Maynard, but he hasn't picked any games lately.  But I digress.  Congratulations, everybody!

Edit:  I accidentally said defense instead of offense.  In reference to Tyrod Taylor.

Edited by Mike Gordan

My apologies to Kaphuna.  I think I made the mistake in assuming he'd just hit 100 wins this week.  Based on my projections, he'd be the only person sitting just outside 100 wins after this week--anywhere from 97-98 depending on the outcome of tomorrow night's game.  Still, everybody had a good week this week.  So, congratulations.

Yay!  Solo weekly winner for the first time!  14-2!

Second place is a tie between buck, Bodom, and Gojiphen Malor at 13-3.

Tied for fifth place are TecmoSuperFan and Kamphuna at 12-4.

And in last place is a tie between MikeMystery our host, Bolt at 11-5.

Not bad.  Next week, however, is going to have a ton of difficult picks to make, so see you then.

2 hours ago, Mike Gordan said:

Second place is a tie between buck, Bodom, and Gojiphen Malor at 13-3.

NOPE:  Gotta crash the Silver-parade ...

Gopher was 12-4.

On 11/21/2017 at 4:45 PM, gojiphen malor said:

Minnesota @ Detroit

Buffalo @ Kansas City

New Orleans @ LARams

Jacksonville @ Arizona

^^^^ Alright, Gordan has almost-accurately named the Top 3 (for the Week).

Now It's Time for

SUMMATION of OVERALL LEADERSHIP SKILLERATION

1. @Mike Gordan {tied w/ buck in 4 Wk'ly Golds}  119-57 (68%)

2. @buck  115-61 (65%)

3. @Bodom  111-65 (63%)

(mine - 11 - right this-Week, were: MIN, CIN, CAR, ATL, N.E, PHI, SEA, OAK, PIT, BAL, was)

On 11/21/2017 at 1:01 PM, Bolt said:

Houston @ Baltimore

Post-game interlude:

Ravens still have ~NEVER~ lost @ home to Texans.

(5-0, including 1 Playoff game)