War Machine

Thunderdome X: Bounty Details!

Bounty.thumb.png.5c94c4047a0e175857901e2fd8c216cf.png

Thunderdome X will add a new element to the tournament.  A way for everyone to earn a little cash by eliminating 13 of tecmo's finest.  Here are the quick details.

1.  There will be at least one bounty in each group giving everyone a chance to knock one off.  (As of this post, we have 13 groups.  If this goes to 14 groups, then I will cross that bridge when i get there).  The bounties will be revealed countdown style via youtube video with link shared in this forum thread.

2.  Each person selected as bounty will have a dollar amount on their heads.  This will be varying depending on the person selected.  

3.  You earn the bounty by eliminating the selected bounty from the tournament.  If the selected bounty is eliminated in group play with multiple losses then the person who defeated this bounty by widest scoring margin earns the bounty.  If you beat the bounty in group play but he advances, then you dont earn the bounty.  He must be eliminated.

• For example, if I had a bounty on my head and i go 1-2 in group play, the player who beat me by biggest margin of my losses will earn the bounty.  If it was same margin, then they split the bounty in half.
  • Another example, If i'm a selected bounty and i go 2-1 and advance, then the person who beat me does not earn the bounty since I moved on to bracket play.

4.  If a selected bounty wins the tournament, then they also win their bounty.  

• For example, if i'm a selected bounty and I win the tournament, whatever my bounty was is added to my winnings.

Have fun!!!

Snip20171121_5.thumb.png.fa95f3fa10e7a2642f041bc159034df0.png

Bounty Tracker:

Stalltalk wins $15 (Hoff)

Nos wins $15 (Drake)

Kamphuna wins $25 (Odell)

Edited by War Machine

OK gentlemen, play time is over.  Part 1 had a lot of pop culture references that resonated with all of us.  It's my favorite of the 2 parts, I'll admit.  It was cute.. it was fun.  But now its time to get serious as Part 2 reveals some bad ass muthaphuckers.  It's time to graduate from the kiddie table and earn a seat with the big boys this holiday season.    

Edited by War Machine

Oh my sickly..... How long did it take you for those first 7? I like that bounties are group play only..... it rewards someone who makes the tournament but may not win. Great idea war..... very cool!

Edited by regulator088

38 minutes ago, regulator088 said:

Oh my sickly..... How long did it take you for those first 7? I like that bounties are group play only..... it rewards someone who makes the tournament but may not win. Great idea war..... very cool!

Not that long actually. I created the template quickly but most of the work was finding the music and editing them together since most came from 2-3 different videos.

Bounties apply to group and bracket play but same idea you mentioned giving everyone a chance to earn some rewards.

Edited by War Machine

$5 bounty if you can figure out which hack the set commands in the bounty video belong too in 24hrs. Send me your guess via PM here or on discord.. If there are multiple correct submissions, one winner will be picked at random. 

YOU ONLY GET 1 GUESS at this massive wealth changing prize. 

17 minutes ago, suicideking81 said:

Great work on the vids, very entertaining.

It almost had a NCAA basketball tournament selection show type feel to it.

Thought I'd see a few other elite players with bounties. 

Thanks.  

Pretty much, it was all about the music.  I wanted the music to work with the player so you would pretty much know who it was....and these were the best of the bunch.  So many more deserved to be on there, i just couldnt find something that would catch.  

My favorite ones that i wanted for sure no matter what 1) rockman with vader breathing, 2) hoff with knight rider 3) rico 4) bru's hacker 5) toolie/odell kumite from bloodsport and 6) happy gilmore tappy.  I liked how gats turned out best since i had to take an ali clip and fit with the goat song.  

It was fun to do and based on your PM's and messages i'm glad you guys enjoyed it.  Appreciate it.

Edited by War Machine

Most satisfying moment when i was creating these was I really wanted "Dont Hassle the Hoff" quote to open at Hoff's intro.  i spent ALOT of time scouring through David Hasselhoff videos to find one.  Theres tons of videos out there, all cheesy as fuck.  After numerous tries i get to the last 5 seconds of the one video when he utters those magical words and i screamed in excitement on my commute home almost nailing the car in front of me on the freeway.  

I risked my life for you guys.. never forget.

Edited by War Machine