Sign in to follow this  
Bolt

WEEK 11 Pickem

Let's get to it.

patriots are boring.  (That's all you need to know.)

Enjoy the calm, while we drop anchor.

@Knobbe... hustle on back to Redemption Island

Thursday, 11/16 8:25pmE.T.

Tennessee @ Pittsburgh

--------------------------------------------

Sunday, 11/19 1:00pmE.T.

Jacksonville @ Cleveland

Tampa Bay @ Miami

Baltimore @ Green Bay

Detroit @ Chicago

LARams @ Minnesota

Arizona @ Houston

Kansas City @ NYGiants

Washington @ New Orleans

4:05pmE.T.

Buffalo @ LAChargers

4:25pmE.T.

Cincinnati @ Denver

New England @ Oakland  {Mexico city, Mexico}

8:30pmE.T.

Philadelphia @ Dallas

Monday, 11/20 8:30pmE.T.

Atlanta @ Seattle

Re-cap of WEEK 10 Borgger picks:

http://tecmobowl.org/forums/topic/69964-week-10-pickem/?do=findComment&comment=486421

Edited by Bolt
Bolded Winners.

Thursday, 11/16 8:25pmE.T.

Tennessee @ Pittsburgh

Sunday, 11/19 1:00pmE.T.

Jacksonville @ Cleveland

Tampa Bay @ Miami

Baltimore @ Green Bay

Detroit @ Chicago

LARams @ Minnesota

Arizona @ Houston

Kansas City @ NYGiants

Washington @ New Orleans

4:05pmE.T.

Buffalo @ LAChargers

4:25pmE.T.

Cincinnati @ Denver

New England @ Oakland  {Mexico city, Mexico}

8:30pmE.T.

Philadelphia @ Dallas

Monday, 11/20 8:30pmE.T.

Atlanta @ Seattle

6 hours ago, Big fan of Fentry, mahself said:

Let's get to it.

patriots are boring.  (That's all you need to know.)

Ha.  This might be a good idea, though.  When making our weekly picks, we can all add a personal opinion about something football related.

OK, I'll go next... Russel Wilson is overrrrrrrrrrated.

A lot of tough games to pick this week--including an awful lot games favored by the road team.

'Tennessee Titans vs. Pittsburgh Steelers:  One of four games this week between two teams with winning records.  This is probably one of the closest things to a Survival Pool pick we have this week, and even then, it isn't guaranteed.  I'm convinced the Titans are barely even capable of winning games against elite football teams; their play-calling leaves an awful lot to be desired, and if not for a piss-easy schedule, the Titans probably wouldn't even have a prayer of making the playoffs.  I somehow doubt the Steelers would sleep on the Titans, so I'm gonna go and pick them to win.

Jacksonville Jaguars vs. Cleveland Browns:  Well, last week, we saw the Browns recipe for a future upset win.  Can they get it done against Jacksonville?  The answer?  Only if Blake Bortles doesn't implode in on himself.  I think the Jaguars will win this game.  This should be this week's Survival Pool pick, and it probably could be one, but I'm consistently suspicious of the Jaguar's qualities.  At least Doug Marrone has made full use of the talent that was otherwise being pissed away by their previous coaching staff.

Tampa Bay Buccaneers vs. Miami Dolphins:  Ehhhhhhhh.............still throwing my darts here.

Baltimore Ravens vs. Green Bay Packers:  I think the question that needs to be asked here is who do you trust; the team with the QB, or the team with the defense?  I'm leaning slightly towards Ravens, but I somehow have the feeling that the Packers will pull away with an upset win here.  Tough choice here.....

Detroit Lions vs. Chicago Bears:  I think a couple weeks ago, this pick would be pretty easy to make--the Bears are the home team, ergo, they're gonna win.  They couldn't even get that done against a Packers squad without Aaron Rodgers.  The Lions have an underrated defensive unit too, so if the Lions play their cards right, the Lions can win this and possibly win big.  Or last week was an outlier for Detroit because they were playing the Browns.

LA Rams vs. Minnesota Vikings:  Oooooh...the league's best defense versus the league's best offense here.  Normally, during the regular season, it's the best offense that wins.  However, one has to also take into consideration the fact that the Rams have seldom ever played, let alone to have yet beaten a quality opponent (the Cowboys was the best team they have beaten so far this year).  It's a toss-up game, and starting right here and now, the Rams have a lot to prove.

Arizona Cardinals vs. Houston Texans:  If Drew Stanton can play mistake-free, and the Cardinals is able to unleash Adrien Peterson, I think then that the Cardinals will come in there and beat the much depleted Houston Texans squad.

Kansas City Chiefs vs. New York Giants:  I'm picking the Chiefs to win.  This is another one of these games that could possibly be selected as a Survival Pool pick.

Washington Redskins vs. New Orleans Saints:  After watching the Saints play the Bills last week, I'm fairly convinced that the Saints will win this game.  Still, the fact remains that the Redskins were still able to rally behind Kirk Cousins against an elite Vikings defensive unit, and given that the Redskins are this season's definitive dark horse team, it's also hard to forget that the Redskins can indeed win this game.

Buffalo Bills vs. LA Chargers:  Given that Philip Rivers has now been entered into concussion protocol, it's possible that the Bills will be playing a Chargers squad without their star QB.  If that's the case, the Bills are gonna win and they're gonna win big in a must-win situation for them.  It's one of their last remaining "easy-wins" of the season for them.  They can't possibly fuck this up, can they?

Cincinnati Bengals vs. Denver Broncos:  Until I can see some creative coaching, and a Broncos squad that can score some touchdowns instead of settling for field goals, I cannot bring myself to pick the Broncos to win any games against anybody, let alone another bad football team (reminder:  The Broncos losing streak began against the fucking Giants of all teams, their only win of the season thus far).

New England Patriots vs. Oakland Raiders:  This game will be played in Mexico City, Mexico.  AKA, one of the worst possible places that ANYBODY could go to play a football game, let alone travel to have a good time.  Don't eat or drink anything over there, guys, unless you want to risk suspension for violation of the league's faulty drug policies.  Be as it may, the Raiders absolutely need to win this game if they want to keep their playoff hopes alive.  But for now, I can't bring myself to pick them over the Patriots.  For one thing, the Patriots are at least clicking on defense right now, and the Patriots are racking up a ton of points, too.

Philadelphia Eagles vs. Dallas Cowboys:  With Ezekiel Elliot, I probably would have picked the Cowboys to win this game (just out of temptation).  Without Zeke, I'm probably going to have to pick the Eagles to win this game.

Atlanta Falcons vs. Seattle Seahawks:  One of only a few games between two teams with winning records.  Still, it's in Seattle, and the Falcons have been maddeningly inconsistent this year.  Sure, this is probably another likely Survival Pool pick.  Screw it--this is this week's Survival Pool pick.  Unless Blair Walsh is forced to kick a ton of field goals, I'm gonna pick the Seahawks to win this game.

Edit:  And I'm removing the bold fonts for the Bills and Cardinals because I had just heard that neither Tyrod Taylor nor Drew Stanton will be starting Sunday.  Now both games are suddenly toss-ups.  Are there any other sudden developments that may impact my weekly picks?  Is Big Ben or Marcus Mariota gonna end up playing tomorrow night?

Edited by Mike Gordan

4 hours ago, Mike Gordan said:

Arizona Cardinals vs. Houston Texans:  If Drew Stanton can play mistake-free, and the Cardinals is able to unleash Adrien Peterson, I think then that the Cardinals will come in there and beat the much depleted Houston Texans squad.

Might be pretty close.. just read Gabbert starts for AZ Sunday.

7 hours ago, gojiphen malor said:

Might be pretty close.. just read Gabbert starts for AZ Sunday.

Fuck me sideways and call it a swiss army knife!  First, they benched Tyrod Taylor over in Buffalo, and now Drew Stanton is getting benched for Blaine Gabbert?  So in other news, whoever makes the fewest fuck-ups wins.  Or we get something equivalent to the Jets vs. Bucs game a week earlier in which case both teams consistently fail to do anything remotely worthy of being called "winning."

On 11/15/2017 at 3:17 AM, Big fan of Fentry, mahself said:

Tennessee @ Pittsburgh

X-factor:  Dick LeBeau (against his old team).

(I don't even know who won, yet.

But I did pick TEN.)

Good job, to you predictors of Steelers.

Stayed the course, and were rewarded for it.

Uhhh, Mariota - 4 picks won't get the job done!!

(You can't play like archetypal Bortles, and expect success.)

Jaguars - who beat PIT, in PIT - are definitively better than Titans, at this point.

I'm just glad I remembered to make my Thursday pick after shifting on the Seahawk gimme last week. Ben at home >>>>> Ben on road. For support of that vanilla claim, I point you to how quiet Heinz field was when Pitt was on O. 4 more home games in the final 6...

Man, I kind of wished my coin flips went in Tampa Bay and Baltimore's directions today, or else I'd essentially be burying the competition heading into the final stretch.  At least I changed my weekly picks from Arizona and Buffalo to Houston and the Chargers respectively; I heard Blaine Gabbert and I felt the Texans suddenly had a chance at victory; and I heard that Philip Rivers was cleared to start, and they had one of the most complete and dominant team performances ever in Philip Rivers' career.

All I need do now is win my Eagles and Seahawks picks, and I'm pretty much gonna remain tied with Bodom and TecmoSuperFan for the week.  Unless we all make different picks, of course, in which case, one or two of us would probably end up winning instead.

Bodom in particular pretty much cleaned up for the most part, getting only one toss-up game wrong in picking Denver (something a lot of people did).  Everybody picked Kansas City, including Gopher (at least that name is easier to remember), and Bodom made a woopsie in picking Buffalo (I'm guessing he picked it a while ago and never changed it).  The toss-up games were ultimately what hurt a number of us, as there were quite a number of them this week.

I made the generally smart decision in sticking by the favored teams to win this week; in this case, I made one bad call in picking the Packers to win.  Bodom's was Buffalo; TecmoSuperFan's merely lost two toss-up games and that's it; Kamphuna and Bolt got a bad pick apiece in Oakland and Tennessee respectively and only got two toss-ups correct (both got Minnesota; and while Bolt got Baltimore, Kamphuna got Houston).  And buck had the misfortune of getting every single toss-up game so far this week wrong.  That has got to suck.

But on the bright side, he's still the only other person other than myself with 100 wins already on the season.  Bodom is just outside that at 98 wins thanks to a really good Week 11 (at least so far), and thus has a shot at hitting 100 after the week is done.  And Kamphuna will be the only one in our group with less than 90 wins heading into Thanksgiving weekend (even if he closes out strong, he'll only be at 89 wins).

3 minutes ago, Mike Gordan said:

Bodom made a woopsie in picking Buffalo (I'm guessing he picked it a while ago and never changed it).

Yep.  I made all my "gut" picks on Tuesday morning then never logged back in or even paid attention to what was happening.  I've learned not to second guess myself based on logic.  In this case it hurt me, but I probably would have changed a few other games, too, and regretted it. 

HTTP2ZjMDguZGV2aWFudGFydC5uZXQvZnM3MC9mL

1 hour ago, Mike Gordan said:

including Gopher (at least that name is easier to remember)

giphy.gif

1 hour ago, Mike Gordan said:

and while Bolt got Baltimore

Baltimore also got its first win ~EVER~ IN Green Bay.

(0-3, before that...)

https://media.sticker.market/gif/gopher-caddyshack-golf-course-587b80b26fb7dc4084335332-g.gif

And TecmoSuperFan won yet another week at 11-3.  Congrats!

Second place is myself and Bodom at 10-4.

Etc.

On the bright side, buck did bounce back a bit.  Is now back to within three behind me.  There are definitely a couple of tough calls next week, so I'll get back to ya later.  In the meantime, Happy Thanksgiving!  May I still get a chance to pick up a fresh Turkey and prepare it well.

Yeah I had all the safe picks, them I decided to gamble to try to make a move. It didn't work. The main game that I regret is RAMS, I bought the hype only to find that RAMS aren't for reals.   

I was was confident that ATL would win last night.

Edited by buck

@TecmoSuperFan has now Won 3 SOLO - Tops, in that dept. - Weekly GOLDs!

He's also gone a game ahead of me, in Overall standings...

I'm now exactly 1 game behind Sir Michael Gordan, in average Weekly pickems

Overall leadership skillets

105 (right) gordan

102 @buck {who leads, in total - 4 - Weekly Golds}

98 Bodom

95 tsf

94 Bolt

(mine - 9 - right, were: JAX, BAL, DET, MIN, N.O, LAC, N.E, PHI, ATL)