Sign in to follow this  
Bolt

WEEK 10, Pickem!

Set sail, a Windy headwind.  Fear not, mah liege.  Fear not.

New/additions - ALWAYS - Welcomed!

@AZcards77? @PockyCandy? ...

Come One, Come All.

~~~~~~~~~~~~~

Ahoy there, matey!

Thursday, 11/9 8:25pmE.T.

Seattle @ Arizona

--------------------------------------------

Sunday, 11/12 1:00pmE.T.

NYJets @ Tampa Bay

New Orleans @ Buffalo

Cleveland @ Detroit

Cincinnati @ Tennessee

Green Bay @ Chicago

LAChargers @ Jacksonville

Minnesota @ Washington

Pittsburgh @ Indianapolis

4:05pmE.T.

Houston @ LARams

4:25pmE.T.

NYGiants @ San Francisco

Dallas @ Atlanta

8:30pmE.T.

New England @ Denver

Monday, 11/13 8:30pmE.T.

Miami @ Carolina

Re-cap o' WEEK 9 Borgger picks:

http://tecmobowl.org/forums/topic/69946-week-9-picks/?do=findComment&comment=486066

Edited by Big fan of Fentry, mahself
Bolded Winners.

Seattle Seahawks vs. Arizona Cardinals:   Quite a few tough games to pick this week.  But here, I think the Seahawks will bounce back with a win.  And for a few reasons; the Seahawks specialize in stopping the run; the run is pretty much the one thing that can make the Cardinals even remotely competitive.  If the Seahawks are able to force Drew Stanton to carry the team on his shoulders, they'll win this game.  Unless of course the Seahawks are forced into settling for field goals like last weekend, in which case, they'll be screwed yet again.

New York Jets vs. Tampa Bay Buccaneers:  At this point in time, I think it's fair to stop picking the Bucs to win any games the rest of the year.  For the first or second time all year, I'm gonna have to pick the Jets.

New Orleans Saints vs. Buffalo Bills:  We pretty much know that the Bills are a good football team.  How good remains to be seen.  They have a brutal remaining schedule, and it all starts with a home game against the Saints.  We'll probably get a handle on just what they're truly made of going forward.  The Saints are almost certainly going to make the playoffs.  Now it's just a matter of whether or not the same can be said of the Bills.

Cleveland Browns vs. Detroit Lions:  I'm picking the Lions.

Cincinnati Bengals vs. Tennessee Titans:  I still like the Titans to keep beating up on perennial losers and making the playoffs by default.  But one has to keep in mind that the Titans are not exactly a very exciting team, but rather a limp playoff-caliber team.  Translation:  They make the playoffs, and chances are, they're gonna be one-and-done just like that.  It also translates to a possible Bungles upset which will likely all but ensure that Marvin Lewis gets his bloody extension and more pain and misery going forward.  Still, the Titans are at least a far more reliable pick to make by comparison.

Green Bay Packers vs. Chicago Bears:  Without Aaron Rodgers, the Packers seemed hopelessly lost against the Lions.  And when you take into consideration the fact that the Bears play pretty tough at home, I think the Bears will win another game this week.

LA Chargers vs. Jacksonville Jaguars:  The main difference between the Titans and the Jaguars is that the Titans are consistently pedestrian, whereas the Jaguars are talented-yet-inconsistent.  Right now, I'd tend to lean more towards Jacksonville this week than the Chargers.  They can still win this game, however.

Minnesota Vikings vs. Washington Redskins:  The Vikings is pretty tough; the Redskins on paper are one of the few remaining gimme's for the Vikings this week.  But we also know for a fact that in spite of an absent offensive line and next-to-unknown offensive weapons to throw and hand off to, the Redskins can still stare down a talented defense and defeat 'em.  I'm leaning more towards the Vikings winning this game, but alongside the Jaguars, the Redskins give me the most problems as far as weekly pick-em's are concerned.  Still, I at least trust the Vikings kicker more than I did their former kicker.

Pittsburgh Steelers vs. Indianapolis Colts:  I'm picking the Steelers.  Man, why is it that all the Survival picks this week are all road games?  That makes no sense.

Houston Texans vs. LA Rams:  Well, here's my main Survival pick because it at least is a road team, and Deshaun Watson is on IR.  So, this is the Rams to win and win big.

New York Giants vs. San Francisco 49ers:  FFFFFFFFFFFFUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCKKKKKKKKKKKKKKKK!

Dallas Cowboys vs. Atlanta Falcons:  Right now, I'm making this pick on the assumption that the Cowboys will keep Elliot for another week, and that the Falcons will keep choking.  The Cowboys following a 2-3 start seem to be developing their own "We're on in Cincinnati"-style narrative on par with the Big Ben's "Maybe I just don't have it in me anymore" speech following a similar start.  If Elliot's suspension is reinstated and it stays for the remainder of the season, then it becomes a little cloudy.

New England Patriots vs. Denver Broncos:  A solid pick for the Survival Pool had the Patriots been hosting this game.  I don't see how the Broncos can possibly stand a chance unless the Mile High air kills the Patriots for us.

Miami Dolphins vs. Carolina Panthers:  An interesting statistic is that last week, the Panthers won their first home game since Week 2 against the Bills, and their second home game of the year overall.  This will be an interesting matchup given that the Dolphins, like many other Dark horse teams so far this year, refuses to go away.  But with the Panthers struggles to find offensive consistency and balance doom them?  Or will it be the inevitable fatigue that comes with playing through a full season without any breaks exhaust the Dolphins?  Right now, I'm leaning more towards the Panthers getting the job done however they can.

2 minutes ago, Mike Gordan said:

New York Giants vs. San Francisco 49ers:  FFFFFFFFFFFFUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCKKKKKKKKKKKKKKKK

You beat me to it.  How does anyone pick this game with confidence? 

Both teams have different needs in next year's draft as well, so is there any real relevance to this game?

Thursday, 11/9 8:25pmE.T.

Seattle @ Arizona

Sunday, 11/12 1:00pmE.T.

NYJets @ Tampa Bay

New Orleans @ Buffalo

Cleveland @ Detroit

Cincinnati @ Tennessee

Green Bay @ Chicago

LAChargers @ Jacksonville

Minnesota @ Washington

Pittsburgh @ Indianapolis

4:05pmE.T.

Houston @ LARams

4:25pmE.T.

NYGiants @ San Francisco

Dallas @ Atlanta

8:30pmE.T.

New England @ Denver

Monday, 11/13 8:30pmE.T.

Miami @ Carolina

6 hours ago, Bodom said:

You beat me to it.  How does anyone pick this game with confidence? 

Both teams have different needs in next year's draft as well, so is there any real relevance to this game?

As confident as picking heads in a coin flip. And I pick heads with confidence.

On 11/8/2017 at 9:26 PM, buck said:

As confident as picking heads in a coin flip. And I pick heads with confidence.

Yes, the Niners won because I changed my pick to NYG last minute. 

Good news; so far, buck and I are winning for this week resting at 10-4 apiece.

buck was the only one to have gotten Tampa Bay.  A curious pick heading into that week, but he got it right all the same.

TecmoSuperFan was the only guy to pick Green Bay to beat Chicago.  So even with homefield advantage and no Aaron Rodgers, the Bears still couldn't win.

And while he didn't have a very favorable weekend (unfortunate), our topic creator, formerly known as Bolt, was the only guy to pick Atlanta to win.  Honestly, I thought about changing my Cowboys pick to Atlanta, but I felt like giving the Cowboys a shot to prove themselves because you know, Falcons gonna Falcons.

Oh, yeah!  One last thing:  Any major injuries occurred so far this weekend?

Appreciate the kind words, @Mike Gordan

Yeah, @Bodom has moved back (after a hiatus, since Wk 5) into SOLO {overall} Bronze position.

(But neither of us are in it for 3rd; I understand... that's why I made a whole lot of 'risk-picks' - not including ATL, who I actually did grasp as legit - tryin' to catch up with you top-contenders)

Also - for the WEEK [10] - 10-3 @gojiphen malor (who also picked ATL...) is right there with ya

3 minutes ago, Big fan of Fentry, mahself said:

Appreciate the kind words, @Mike Gordan

Yeah, @Bodom has moved back (after a hiatus, since Wk 5) into SOLO {overall} Bronze position.

(But neither of us are in it for 3rd; I understand... that's why I made a whole lot of 'risk-picks' - not including ATL, who I actually did grasp as legit - tryin' to catch up with you top-contenders)

Also - for the WEEK [10] - 10-3 @gojiphen malor (who also picked ATL...) is right there with ya

My personal advise is to stick with mostly the teams that are favored to win.  When you have absolutely no idea, just wing it--you can try rationalizing it a bit, but let's face it; it's hard to rationalize between two teams in which you have no possible idea how to decide them, and even if you do, logic often does not favor rationality.  If it did, many of these teams would almost never win a game.

Another piece of advise is to keep your eyes open for any major shifts, and be willing to ask very specific questions.  I completely revamped and overhauled my weekly power rankings after Week 6 because I realized that everything up to that point in time was completely different from what I was projecting in my weekly power rankings up to that time.  And once Thanksgiving weekend comes and goes, I'm gonna overhaul the power rankings yet again.  This time, based on playoff projection as well as remaining schedule.

TB was due for a win, JETS were due for a loss.

I was tied up this afternoon and didn't get to switch the ATL pick - I had a feeling , and then I heard about Elliot missing, it was a sure thang DAL would lose.

i do regret giving WAS a chance. That was dumb.

is there gonna be a qb controversy in MIN? Will MIN have the balls to keep Keenum in? Just asking.

4 hours ago, buck said:

is there gonna be a qb controversy in MIN? Will MIN have the balls to keep Keenum in? Just asking.

There better not be! Keep Keenum in for the rest of the season, and then have the QB battle next year between Bridgewater and Keenum. At this point, it's been proven that Sam Bradford is made of dust and can't be relied on to stay healthy. 

5 hours ago, PockyCandy said:

There better not be! Keep Keenum in for the rest of the season, and then have the QB battle next year between Bridgewater and Keenum. At this point, it's been proven that Sam Bradford is made of dust and can't be relied on to stay healthy. 

I thought Sam Bradford was your MVP? ;)

Ok, a Quick-Recap O WEEK 10 Victors

1. Mike Gordan / buck / Gojiphen  11-3

... Well-done!!!

(And I kept Kamphuna company, at 7-7.)

Overall leaders:  95-51 Mike;  94-52 buck;  88-58 bodom