4:25pmE.T.

Kansas City @ Dallas

8:30pmE.T.

Oakland @ Miami

--------------------------------------------

Monday, 11/6 8:30pmE.T.

Detroit @ Green Bay

Re-cap o' WEEK 8 Borgger exposé:

http://tecmobowl.org/forums/topic/69938-week-8-predictions/?do=findComment&comment=48579

Edited by Big fan of Fentry, mahself
Bolded Winners.

Hopefully no mental picks this week lol.

Thursday, 11/2 8:25pmE.T.

Buffalo @ NYJets

Sunday, 11/5 1:00pmE.T.

Tampa Bay @ New Orleans

Atlanta @ Carolina

LARams @ NYGiants

Baltimore @ Tennessee

Cincinnati @ Jacksonville

Denver @ Philadelphia

Indianapolis @ Houston

4:05pmE.T.

Washington @ Seattle

Arizona @ San Francisco

Kansas City @ Dallas

Oakland @ Miami

Detroit @ Green Bay

Okay, hopefully, luck is on my side:

Buffalo Bills vs. New York Jets:  Considering all our thoughts on the possibility of both clubs tanking, they sure have won quite a few games so far this season.  It's just too bad that the Jets are not very good, while the Bills were shockingly good.  A 6-2 start would be gangbusters for a squad that hasn't made the playoffs since 1999.  The Bills may be traveling on a short week, but it's only from New York to New Jersey.  The Bills will probably grind out a victory for themselves.

Tampa Bay Buccaneers vs. New Orleans Saints:  Surprisingly enough, the Bucs haven't been putting up much of a fight at all since Week 5.  It's almost like they suddenly remembered that they're the Bucs and that at any sign of forward momentum must require ten steps backwards.  The Saints bounced back brilliantly from an 0-2 start that was admittedly by the hands of two highly talented football squads, so not necessarily a bad thing.  Not at 5-2 so far in the season.  In a battle of two opposites, I'm gonna predict a Saints victory.

Atlanta Falcons vs. Carolina Panthers:  So I just received word that the Carolina Panthers had traded away one of their best receivers away.  But that's neither here nor there.  The Atlanta Falcons have one notable specialty as of late, and that's choking in the most inopportune moments.  They choked on their own shit against the Bills and Dolphins, and then got their asses handed to them against the Patriots in what was otherwise supposed to be a game of redemption for that squad.  Oh, yeah!  They nearly choked on their own shit again against the Jets last week as well, only to realize that the Jets actually suck, and they were much better than this.  The Panthers just got done with a brutal streak of Detroit (with a healthy Golden Tate) and Chicago, but through all intents and purposes, seem to be right back on track.  In all seriousness, I have more faith in the Carolina Panthers, especially at home, than I do the inconsistent Falcons.

LA Rams vs. New York Giants:  The Rams have to travel across the country in order to face the Giants.  The upside is, they are fresh off a bye, so they should be well rested by the time they touch down in Jersey.  An even better upside is that the Giants are, through all intents and purposes, a crappy football team with a crappy offense with next to nothing left of it.  The Rams may not scorch the earth, but they're gonna burry the competition with at least 24 points.

Baltimore Ravens vs. Tennessee Titans:  The Ravens will likely end up playing without Joe Flacco.  They may have some extra time to prepare for this game, but so do the Titans, fresh off a bye week.  All I can say is that if the Ravens are not in top form, the Titans could run all over them.  Okay, okay, with such pedestrian head coaching, I somehow doubt this.  But the Titans should win this game regardless of who the Ravens QB happens to be.

Cincinnati Bengals vs. Jacksonville Jaguars:  So, are we going to see the good Jaguars squad--the Jaguars that rack up sacks like crazy and trample the opponent when they're down?  Or are we going to see the turnover machine that is Blake Bortles costing the team a game they by all accounts should win?  Another bit of trivia; they have yet to win at home in Jacksonville.  Their four wins so far this season were all on the road--in Houston, London, Pittsburgh, and Indianapolis.  Meaning they have yet to win a game in their home turf.  Be as it may, the Jaguars should win this game.  Against that putrid offensive line?  The Jags should have a field day.  And maybe then, they'll finally be able to draw in a crowd.

Denver Broncos vs. Philadelphia Eagles:  This makes me sad to say this, but...the Eagles are this week's survival pick over the Broncos.  Seriously, how are we THIS bad!?

Indianapolis Colts vs. Houston Texans:  Another possible survival pick would be the Texans over the Colts, who have suddenly settled in as the fourth worst team in football.  Let's be honest; even against a depleted Texans defensive line, the Colts simply do not have a prayer against a high-scoring machine like the Texans.

Washington Redskins vs. Seattle Seahawks:  And now the Redskins are in a descent from highly respectable to offensively stymied.  Proof positive of how difficult it is to reliably pick them.  They just seem like a team that shouldn't be anywhere near as good as projected, and similar to the Jets, maybe the seams are just starting to show.  As such, I'm gonna pick the Seahawks to win this game.

Arizona Cardinals vs. San Francisco 49ers:  So this is a matchup between Drew Stanton versus the recently acquired Jimmy Garopollo.  As well as the recently acquired and washed up has-been Adrien Peterson versus Carlos Hyde....I can't even bring myself to feel excited about this matchup.  I hesitate to make a pick here between two awful football teams.

Kansas City Chiefs vs. Dallas Cowboys:  Similarly, this isn't necessarily an easy black-and-white decision to make, either.  The Cowboys have what it takes to win this game.  Though I still project the Chiefs to be a better football club than the Cowboys.  I'll hold off on a decision for now.

Oakland Raiders vs. Miami Dolphins:  Why do I have the feeling that the Dolphins are going to pull away with a Sunday Night victory?  Probably because it's in Florida, and the Raiders will have to wear those hot and humid black uniforms over there.  The Raiders may decide to stick around on the east coast for this game this week, but I still think the Dolphins could win this game.

Detroit Lions vs. Green Bay Packers:  Sooner or later, the Lions will have to win another game eventually.  But this isn't exactly an easy pick to make.  So for now, I'll remain quiet about it.

Thursday, 11/2 8:25pmE.T.

Buffalo @ NYJets

Tampa Bay @ New Orleans

Atlanta @ Carolina

LARams @ NYGiants

Baltimore @ Tennessee

Cincinnati @ Jacksonville

Denver @ Philadelphia

Indianapolis @ Houston

Washington @ Seattle

Arizona @ San Francisco

Kansas City @ Dallas

Oakland @ Miami

Detroit @ Green Bay

I realize that I'm too late to pick on Jets and Bills.  Here are my remaining ones:

Tampa Bay @ New Orleans

Atlanta @ Carolina

LARams @ NYGiants

Baltimore @ Tennessee

Cincinnati @ Jacksonville - Gutsy pick here, I know...but I'm not fully sold on the inconsistency of Jax.

Denver @ Philadelphia - Giving my boys one last chance to put points up on the board and actually show off their #1 defense.

Indianapolis @ Houston

Washington @ Seattle

Arizona @ San Francisco - Yes, San Fran got a QB, but they can't start him yet.  The transaction didn't go through in time.

(Then again, is Drew Stanton any better?  I may be looking back on this pick...)

Kansas City @ Dallas - KC's defense has been solid all year, will Dallas have what it takes to deal with Justin Houston?

Oakland @ Miami - I realize that I picked all of the AFC West to win...I may be looking back at this pick too.  However, the Dolphins have a Chemistry of like -16 sooo...

Detroit @ Green Bay - Let's face it, No A-Rod, no show.

/\V

Update:

Also, 6-2's the runner-up record, so far;  shared by a few folks (including Knobbe, buck, and bodom)...

bodom's also moved into a Bronze-medal tie - Overall - alongside 5-3 Bolt (of old);  while you, magic @Mike Gordan, are alone at the top

... Fookin' Julio, with the clutch butterfingers on a DEFENDERLESS (mid-4th qtr) "TD" bomb.  Gracias...  Freaking falcons, always self-sabotaging.

So this week is a tie between myself and Bodom this week.  I'm kind of surprised that buck picked the Packers myself.  It's just a shame that I couldn't make my switch from San Francisco to Arizona in time (damn internet lag), but hey?  Tie for the week with one other guy plus my first time leading the overall polls (as well as, to my knowledge, my third 1st place finish so far this season--even though my first one was a 4-way tie on a bad week for everybody, so....not much to brag about there) is an overall pretty good weekend.  Even though my Broncos got crushed, but at least the Seahawks failed to score any points thanks to a lousy kicker who had lost his confidence following that debacle in the Wild Card round two years ago.

First place is a tie between Mike Gordan and Bodom.

Third place is also a tie between buck and bolt at 8-5.  Gophijer and Knobbe also netted an 8-5 record.

Fifth place belongs to TecmoSuperFan at 7-6.  Newcomer MikeMystery also finished with a 7-6 record.

And last place (not counting Maynard since he hasn't picked any games in spite joining our group) is Kampa da Tramp at 6-7...whoever he is.

Maybe next week, I'll make an even bigger splash than before.

Edit:  FUCK!  New Orleans @ Buffalo!?  Minnesota @ Washington!?  New York Giants @ San Francisco 49ers!?  That last one needs to be killed with fire!  Shit how does one make a prediction concerning these two teams!?

Edited by Mike Gordan

9 hours ago, Mike Gordan said:

First place is a tie between Mike Gordan and Bodom.

Wooo hooo!

My overall record still sucks donkey balls, though.  I need an undefeated week to get back into this.

I just picked GB last Tuesday, and left it there.  I hadn't done any reconnaissance on DET or GB.  Looked like a coin flip to me. 

I didn't even watch the game at all last night.  I guess DET won?

16 minutes ago, buck said:

I just picked GB last Tuesday, and left it there.  I hadn't done any reconnaissance on DET or GB.  Looked like a coin flip to me. 

I didn't even watch the game at all last night.  I guess DET won?

They did despite terrible play by their goal line offense again.

Brett Hundley was bad.. really bad. I wouldn't be suprised if Green Bay either benches him or finds someone else.

Quick-Recap O WEEK 9

1. mike (who's now won 2 Weeks; by yahoo, 3) / bodom  9-4

3. Gojiphen / buck / @Knobbe / mi*  8-5

Overall LeaderShip:  84-48 gordan;  83-49 buck;  78-54 @Bodom {who's now tied @buck, with 3 Weekly-GOLDs!!} / mahself

(*& I's pix right were: N.O, LAR, TEN, JAX, PHI, ARZ, DAL, DET)

Edited by Big fan of Fentry, mahself