Dubuque, IA - 02/24/2018 - Tomczak Bowl X (MADISON MAJOR)

Beef Juice

tomczak10large.thumb.jpg.62c3e9350797e2d3921d3225eed23095.jpg theRoadtoTecmoMadison.png

WHAT: Tomczak Bowl X (MADISON MAJOR)
WHEN: Saturday, February 24, 2018
WHERE: The Venue, 285 Main St, Dubuque, IA 52001
Buy-In: $30
Rules: http://tomczakbowl.com/rules/

Format: Double elimination
Prizes: Cash prizes to top 3 finishers. Trophy and coveted Tomczak Champion Blazer to winner.

Live Stream:https://www.twitch.tv/tomczakbowl

Bracket: http://challonge.com/tomczak10

Registered Entrants:

Jake I. @Beef Juice

Nick R.

Cory S. @noonan

Adam K. @Super Duper

Justin P. @justinpeters51

Joel T. @DJ PSYKO-M1

Kyle N. @thegamer1185

Mike H.

Pete S. @SimpleSimon

Stephen J.

Aaron E.

Jason L.

Jordan M.

Jon S.

Levar M.

Raydell H.

Scott T.

Ben K.

Kramer J.

Jonathan H. @MadTownSpliffStars

Hank D. @hankthetank

Joey C. @joeygats

Matt A.

Francis B. @mort1237

Nate S. @RetroNathan

Dave M. @davefmurray

Ryan R. 

Kyle F. @ImFlo

Neil R. @Leonardite

Bob Nelson

• DFM changed the title to Dubuque, IA - 02/24/2018 - Tomczak Bowl X (MADISON MAJOR)

Guys we have a location locked down.

Tomczak Bowl X will be at The Venue at 285 Main Street, Dubuque, IA. It's a bar in the basement of an old building in downtown. It's a very cool place with a nice beer selection.  They don't serve food but you will be able to order food from nearby establishments. I would recommend the pizza from Shot Tower Inn.

The location is in walking distance of at least 2 hotels.

If there's one thing Tomczak Bowl has become known for it's our trophies. Case in point, look at the one for Tomczak Bowl IX.

Capture.thumb.PNG.2123392b1e670609d01a022b6b1c66e8.PNG

I had no idea how we were gonna top that one, but talking to our trophy carpenter he has a pretty sweet idea for Tomczak X. If he can pull it off it'll be awesome I promise.

• DFM pinned this topic

I am informally/officially verbally registering....I'll be there. Also, since it should just be common place by this point that all tournament participants bring as many things to tournaments that could help speed things along, I have 2 full setups (TV, Games, Consoles, Controllers) if you want me to bring them to add. Let me know. Worst case scenario, people who lose can play all the random NES games like they did at Iowa Tecmo.

On 12/2/2017 at 6:25 PM, thegamer1185 said:

I am informally/officially verbally registering....I'll be there. Also, since it should just be common place by this point that all tournament participants bring as many things to tournaments that could help speed things along, I have 2 full setups (TV, Games, Consoles, Controllers) if you want me to bring them to add. Let me know. Worst case scenario, people who lose can play all the random NES games like they did at Iowa Tecmo.

Absolutely bring them. We can never have too much equipment.

We're up to 17 people registered. According to the Facebook event posted there are over 70 interested. Even if a fraction of that amount decides to come it's looking to be a decent sized field.

We've got 25 people officially register and that number will surely grow as we're just about a month away from Tomczak 10.  I've also got some sweet raffle prizes I hope to show you soon.

We've got two prize challenges for this year's Tomczak Bowl.

THE MIKE TOMCZAK CHALLENGE

The first person to win a tourney match with the Bears AND have Mike Tomczak as their leading passer will win this 1988 Topps Mike Tomczak autographed card.

s-l1600.thumb.jpg.2cb435c368573acd67841435974d37b2.jpg

THE SUPER BOWL XXV CHALLENGE

The first person to win a tourney match of NYG-BUF will get this Super Bowl XXV commemorative cologne. (Note: You're allowed to win with either team)

5a6658f5ba096_s-l1600(1).thumb.jpg.460e47e32442eabf9528ef077313989a.jpg

23 hours ago, Darth RockMan said:

I'm interested in going.   What time does the tournament start and about what time would you expect it to end?     

Try to start setting up at 11am, start by noon, be done hopefully no later than 9. I think at our biggest (41 people) we managed to finish before 9.

11 hours ago, hankthetank said:

Anyone know how to get a hold of Josh Holzy?  I tried calling Pat Beach but that didn't work.  I'm wondering if he is still considering a ride to this.

I believe he'll be away on vacation this weekend, so you're good.

Stephen and I are excited to be driving across from Chicago to play!

We got spare equipment prepared, a freshly modded Kevtris NES-101 top-loader, games, and controllers.

I have a projector if you folks need one as well.

Look forward to this Saturday of Tecmo Bowl, and Nintendo classics.  

Edited by DJ PSYKO-M1

Looks like Friday night we'll have some social time at the bar. I plan to bring a NES down to hook up to their TV so we can get some games in. If you're gonna be in Dubuque tomorrow night I expect to be there around 7pm. I welcome anyone to come hang out and have a beer or two.

7 hours ago, DJ PSYKO-M1 said:

Stephen and I are excited to be driving across from Chicago to play!

We got spare equipment prepared, a freshly modded Kevtris NES-101 top-loader, games, and controllers.

I have a projector if you folks need one as well.

Look forward to this Saturday of Tecmo Bowl, and Nintendo classics.  

Nice Gl. Make sure u meet Fellow Chi-Town Tecmoers Like my brother @mort1237 and Also @allamerican1569 runs a Monthly Tecmo meetup in Chicago. Gl to all going to Tomczak bowl. i'll be watching the stream

This year's trophy for Tomczak X is a wooden samurai sword built by our carpenter. He modeled it directly off a real sword his grandfather brought back from WW2. This thing is pretty god damn awesome.

27867686_10160035373110611_4782097596581572040_n.thumb.jpg.6ceda7fe7e1a0b99b3bb44d99a7487b5.jpg

This was an awesome time guys.  Thanks for the fun and well-run tournament.  The Mort/Gats/Flo showdowns were great to watch. They were almost as good as the Peter Tom Willis final.  Happy to have finally made it to a Tomczak Bowl, and you easily made it worth the drive!  Definitely hoping to get back there next year.  The bar was super cool,  the mini pitchers were cheap and delicious, and the post-game shenanigans at Paul's Tavern and the karaoke bar were the usual awesomeness.   Thanks again - Looking forward to seeing everyone in Madison!

Edited by Leonardite

• DFM unpinned this topic