Sign in to follow this  
Big fan of Fentry, mahself

WEEK 8 Predictions

Stay for the soap operatics that is... le N.F.L.

Thursday, 10/26 8:25pmE.T.

Miami @ Baltimore

--------------------------------------------

ALERT! ALERT!...Sunday EARLY-Morning game!!!  (Don't be late)

V            V            V

Sunday, 10/29 9:30amE.T.

Minnesota @ Cleveland  (twickenham, england)

1:00pmE.T.

LAChargers @ New England

Chicago @ New Orleans

Carolina @ Tampa Bay

Indianapolis @ Cincinnati

Oakland @ Buffalo

San Francisco @ Philadelphia

Atlanta @ NYJets

4:05pmE.T.

Houston @ Seattle

4:25pmE.T.

Dallas @ Washington

8:30pmE.T.

Pittsburgh @ Detroit

Monday, 10/30 8:30pmE.T.

Denver @ Kansas City

Re-cap O WEEK 7 Borgger exposé:

http://tecmobowl.org/forums/topic/69926-week-7-predictions/?do=findComment&comment=485635

Edited by Big fan of Fentry, mahself
Bolded Winners.

Gonna cover the games, though I won't be making picks unless it's patently obvious:

Miami Dolphins vs. Baltimore Ravens:  The Dolphins must travel to Baltimore on a short week shortly after Jay Cutler got injured.  The Ravens in turn are fresh off an ugly defensive loss in which the Ravens offense was totally inefficient.  The Dolphins appeared to rally behind Matt Moore who relieved Cutler after sustaining a chest injury to achieve a comeback from a 14-point deficit against the Jets, but will that carry over to next week?  That is a fairly tough pick to make.  If we were simply watching the game on a typical Sunday, and the roster on both squads remained largely intact, the Dolphins would be my personal pick in a heart beat.  I think the Ravens will bounce back from this eventually though, so keep your eyes open for a potential upset.

Minnesota Vikings vs. Cleveland Browns:  At least the Browns finally have a shot against the Vikings.  Why?  Because it's being played in London.  Apparently, we're now being exposed to four of these London games a year now.  Yay!  Just what we needed.  Regardless, I have more confidence in the Vikings' defense and for Case Keenum to play by not making too many big mistakes.  Because the Browns don't know how to score points, and they have to face arguably the league's best defense.  Still, if Case Keenum is put in the position where he must be the one that carries his team on his shoulder, therein lies the recipe for a potential London upset.  Either way, both teams are likely to lose next week.

LA Chargers vs. New England Patriots:  The Patriots always beat the Chargers.  I don't think that's gonna change.  This is a rare bonafide Survival Pick.

Chicago Bears vs. New Orleans Saints:  We already know just how good and complete a football team the Saints are.  Meanwhile, the Bears are steadily on the rise back to relevancy.  It does look like the Bears now have a recipe for winning going forward, relying on their running game, their defensive unit, and a mistake-free QB play from rookie Trubisky.  I still like the Saints to win this game, but if the Saints are not careful in an obvious trap game scenario, we may be looking at an eye-opening upset.  They have, after all, beaten the Steelers and Panthers already.

Carolina Panthers vs. Tampa Bay Buccaneers:  A clash between two teams that have found themselves greatly underachieving in recent weeks.  The Panthers are at least a more dependable pick in spite back-to-back home game losses to the Eagles and Bears.  The Bucs, meanwhile, have the homefield advantage and a more coherent football squad.  They're simply are not winning.  I think this week will be a must-win week for the both of them.

Indianapolis Colts vs. Cincinnati Bengals:  A clash between two 2-win football clubs that might as well be in contention for worst team in the league if not for the likes of the Browns, 49ers, and to a lesser extent, Giants.  In fact, the Colts' 2 wins so far this season came against both the Browns and 49ers, who both remain winless to this day.  The Bungles also beaten the Browns, but...at least they played Aaron Rodgers tough.  At least they upset the Bills.  I'm having the feeling the Bungles are going to derp their way to a win.  But it's not a pick in confidence, so I'm probably going to keep it blank for the time being.

Oakland Raiders vs. Buffalo Bills:  Okay, so are we going to be seeing the Bills squad that have exceeded expectations against decidedly disappointing playoff contenders?  Or are we going to see a Raiders squad that we were expecting to see heading into the season?  Eh, the Bills have the homefield advantage, and the Raiders looked disappointing until last Thursday Night against the Chiefs.  Maybe the Bills end up sleeping on the Raiders, I don't know.  If the Raiders win, they're finally back in this thing.  If the Bills win, then we can finally take them seriously as a playoff contender.

San Francisco 49ers vs. Philadelphia Eagles:  Another obvious pick for the Survival Pool this week.  Of course I'm taking the Eagles to win this thing.

Atlanta Falcons vs. NY Jets:  We have a Jets squad that overachieved for three straight weeks against some decidedly lackluster or inconsistent football teams in one corner.  On the other corner, we have a Falcons squad that nearly choked the game away against the Bears; SHOULD have lost to the Lions; allowed the Bills AND Dolphins to come into their stadium and pull away with major upsets; and then they were simply no-show in their hyped up Super Bowl rematch, which inevitably went to the Patriots.  At least the Jets kept fighting against some of these teams and even won some of these games.  I honestly would not be surprised if the Falcons implosion continues as I anticipated.  Because they clearly look more and more like a team that only deserved the 1 win against the Packers.  At least the Jets deserved, eh, at least 2 wins on their resume.

Houston Texans vs. Seattle Seahawks:  One of only two afternoon games this week.  Where is it being played?  Oh, yeah!  Seattle.  Yeah, I'm gonna pick the Seahawks to win this game.  I will be rooting for the Texans to win, however.

Dallas Cowboys vs. Washington Redskins:  The Cowboys just came away with a huge win against the 49ers, while the Redskins just came away from an Eagles sweep.  We also know that Ezekiel Elliot will continue playing this week as well.  I honestly have no idea what to expect out of this game.  The Redskins may be a 3-3 team, but those 3 losses all came against the Eagles and Chiefs, the two best teams in football.  It's very much feasible that the Redskins are one of the best teams in football.  But have the Cowboys finally found their way?  Will they continue to rally behind Zeke?  Who knows?

Pittsburgh Steelers vs. Detroit Lions:  The Steelers look like a clearly superior football club.  But at the same time, this clearly looks like one of those games where the Steelers will shoot themselves in the foot and the Lions return to relevancy again.  So in a way, neither team is particularly a flattering pick to make.  Besides, if there were, then there'd be so many 10-12-win teams, some undefeated teams, and some winless teams as well as tons of teams with fewer than 5 wins.

Denver Broncos vs. Kansas City Chiefs:  The only reason the Broncos even have a chance on paper is because like the Broncos, the Chiefs have lost back-to-back football teams.  The main difference is that it could be argued that the Chiefs were at least robbed by the refs last week, and that the loss before that occurred against the Steelers.  The Broncos?  Got killed by the winless Giants and shut out by the Chargers.  As a result, it's not quite a Survival Pick in of itself.  But it's still very likely.

So my six picks that are very likely to win?  Vikings, Patriots, Saints, Eagles, Seahawks, and Chiefs.  The Survival picks are the Patriots and Eagles.  And the Saints are most likely to suffer an upset loss.

Miami @ Baltimore

LAChargers @ New England

Chicago @ New Orleans

Carolina @ Tampa Bay

Oakland @ Buffalo

Atlanta @ NYJets

Houston @ Seattle

Dallas @ Washington

Pittsburgh @ Detroit

Denver @ Kansas City

Miami @ Baltimore

LAChargers @ New England

Chicago @ New Orleans

Carolina @ Tampa Bay

Oakland @ Buffalo

Atlanta @ NYJets

Houston @ Seattle

Dallas @ Washington

Pittsburgh @ Detroit

Denver @ Kansas City

Update:

Sweet-damn to disneyland, folks!  9-0 @Mike Gordan AND @TecmoSuperFan lookin' to go undefeated on the Week!!

Everyone - except Gojiphen - picked SEA / DAL, for the late-afternoon games

... And the only one @Knobbe got wrong was "NYJets."

{I pity the fool}

Newsflash:

TecmoSuperFan remains undefeated - on the Week - at 12-0 ...

Mike Gordan (who I do believe has claimed a place atop the overall-leaderboard, w/ buck) and Knobbe follow close behind, at 11-1

(mine - 9 - right, were: BAL, MIN, N.E, N.O, CIN, PHI, ATL, SEA, DAL)

17 hours ago, buck said:

Once again, I go into my pickum page and make a couple of last second changes, only to fuck myself. (CAR, BUF)

I did the same EXACT thing.  Like, Oakland beat KC... they can't lose to Buffalo, right?  I really need to stop using logic.

On games where I have been 50/50 this year, I think I'm 0% on my guesses.

14 hours ago, TecmoSuperFan said:

13-0... xD a lot better record than the past few weeks have been for me.

MEGA-Congrats

Also - at 14-1, Wk1 / 13-0, Wk8 - you're the 1st to 2 SOLO Weekly victories

On 10/29/2017 at 11:09 PM, Big fan of Fentry, mahself said:

(mine - 9 - right, were: BAL, MIN, N.E, N.O, CIN, PHI, ATL, SEA, DAL)

+, http://tecmobowl.org/uploads/profile/photo-7522.gif!!

Quick-Recap O WEEK 8

1. @TecmoSuperFan  13-0

2. @Knobbe / Mr. No Conglaturation, himself (gordan)  12-1

Overall leadership skilleration: 75-44 @buck/Gordan; 70-49 mi