Seattle @ NYGiants

Denver @ LAChargers

8:30pmE.T.

Atlanta @ New England

--------------------------------------------

Monday, 10/23 8:30pmE.T.

Washington @ Philadelphia

Re-cap O' WEEK 6 Borgger exposure:

http://tecmobowl.org/forums/topic/69905-week-6-predictions/?do=findComment&comment=485460

Edited by Big fan of Fentry, mahself
Bolded Winners.

Thursday Night Football pick:

Kansas City Chiefs vs. Oakland Raiders:  Suddenly, the arrival of Marshawn Lynch feels more like a mistake.  And Derek Carr's premature return from injury seems like a mistake made out of desperation rather than because Carr was ready to play.  Both teams have came off of some tough losses.  But to restore a bit of perspective, I may have to pick the Chiefs to win this game.  Maybe.  They're clearly a better football team.  But the Raiders have also dug themselves into this hole, and a win here may be what it takes to save their season.  The problem is, they aren't really built like the Steelers were when it comes countering the Chiefs.  On paper, they have the offensive weapons.  But Marshawn Lynch clearly hasn't demonstrated his status as Beast Mode since coming out of retirement.  As such, the only thing to fear offensively would be their passing game.  So just rush and hammer the quarterback, and keep their offense off the field, and the Chiefs can and should win.

Easy picks:

Baltimore Ravens vs. Minnesota Vikings:  They get their asses handed to them against the Jaguars, then got slaughtered by the Steelers.  They even lost to the Bears at home.  The Vikings may have a few question marks, but one thing's for certain--that defense is rather scary.  And I highly doubt that Joe Flacco or his team's running game will be able to handle them.  The only way the Vikings can lose this game is if their offense kills them.  But if they play smart keep-away and make minimal mistakes, the Vikings are the clear Survival Pick of the week.

New Orleans Saints vs. Green Bay Packers:  We're on in New Orleans.  That's pretty much what Mike McCarthy said following their devastating loss of both the Viking game and their star QB Aaron Rodgers.  Well, we'll just sit back and wait and see.  Given the explosive turnover, converting machine that is the Saints secondary, combined with Drew Brees still playing on a high level, this clearly no longer looks like a favorable matchup for the Packers.  It will be interesting to see how the Packers respond, but it is difficult to imagine a win coming from them.

Carolina Panthers vs. Chicago Bears:  Following a home loss to the Eagles, I think the Panthers will get their act together again.  Mitch Trubisky was okay.  But if the Panthers do well to stuff up the run, then the Panthers will probably win this game.  They haven't really won too many games by a wide margin since their week 1 opener against the 49ers.  But it still makes the most sense to me.

Arizona Cardinals vs. LA Rams:  So...the Cardinals looked impressive offensively against the Buccaneers--the first time all season long they found their offensive groove.  I do expect something of a high-scoring shootout between these two teams then.  But still, the Cardinals need to prove themselves before I can totally get on board with them going forward.  Yes, I've said the same thing about the Rams, but a 4-2 start is somewhat encouraging (even though those four wins came against the Colts, 49ers, Cowboys, and Jaguars).

Tennessee Titans vs. Cleveland Browns:  .......Okay, until the Browns get their shit together, I can no longer pick them to win anything.  They honestly look like they have stopped caring about winning, provided that they ever cared at all to begin with.  Although the Titans could probably snooze the game away due to their own lack of flash or grit.

Dallas Cowboys vs. San Francisco 49ers:  .....As stupid as it is to pick the 49ers to win anything anytime soon, they are currently the only NFL team that I got all my picks right thus far.  Besides, they've come oh so close to winning each of their last five games.  With the Cowboys having to make adjustments without Elliot, I think this will finally be the 49ers' time to get secure a participation award.

Cincinnati Bengals vs. Pittsburgh Steelers:  The Bungles the last couple of weeks have finally figured out how to score points.  Am I going to pick them for a potential upset win against the Steelers?  My thoughts are no.  Because that bye week came much too soon for a team that has suddenly reignited.  The Steelers could still underestimate their opponent and piss the game away though.  But I'm still going to pick the Steelers to win this thing.

Seattle Seahawks vs. New York Giants:  It would be funny to see the Giants win at home against the Seahawks.  It'd be something I may actually root for; I can't stand the Seahawks, and it'd at least make me feel a bit more comfortable knowing that my Broncos had lost to them last week.  I just don't think it's terribly realistic, even with the West vs. East thing going on.

Atlanta Falcons vs. New England Patriots:  Let me guess; the Falcons secure a 20-point deficit and then piss the game away.  Even with the Patriots defense being a work-in-progress, the lack of a run game, or an aging Tom Brady, I still think the Falcons will once again snatch defeat from the jaws of victory.  Sorry, but if you can't beat the Bills or the Dolphins--heck, a Dolphins squad led by Jay Cutler in spite leading 17-0 at the half--I have no confidence in the Falcons' chances at redemption against the Patriots.

And the rest of the picks I'll make later on in the week.  In spite being easy picks, I suspect a lot of these games would be called incorrectly.  After the last couple of weeks, if I manage to get all of these picks correctly, I'll be mighty surprised.

Okay, what the fuck is going on with the Cowboys!?  Are you meaning to tell me that the NFL is going to make sure that the Cowboys have as big an uphill battle as possible by delaying the innevitable.  What do you mean, "temperary restraining order!?"  Why does that mean that Ezekiel Elliott will be allowed to play?  Well, be as it may, I still think the 49ers will get their first win sooner or later.  It's just that their so-called easy win will now be a harder team to gauge.  Still, if they can remain competitive against the likes of the Seahawks, Rams, Cardinals, Colts, and Redskins, then chances are, they're going to get a win in sooner or later.  I predict that this week will finally be their time to shine!

After the tough loss to the seemingly unstoppable Steelers [at least to the Chiefs, who haven't beat them since 2015] i think tomorrow night's game is gonna be a win. They hit themselves over the turnovers they committed, and despite the short week i think they'll prove that the Steelers game was a fluke.

Thursday, 10/19 8:25pmE.T.

Kansas City @ Oakland

Sunday, 10/22 1:00pmE.T.

Baltimore @ Minnesota

New Orleans @ Green Bay

NYJets @ Miami

Carolina @ Chicago

Arizona @ LARams

Tampa Bay @ Buffalo

Jacksonville @ Indianapolis

Tennessee @ Cleveland

4:05pmE.T.

Dallas @ San Francisco

4:25pmE.T.

Cincinnati @ Pittsburgh

Seattle @ NYGiants

Denver @ LAChargers

Atlanta @ New England

Thursday, 10/19 8:25pmE.T.

Kansas City @ Oakland

Sunday, 10/22 1:00pmE.T.

Baltimore @ Minnesota

New Orleans @ Green Bay

NYJets @ Miami

Carolina @ Chicago

Arizona @ LARams

Tampa Bay @ Buffalo

Jacksonville @ Indianapolis

Tennessee @ Cleveland

4:05pmE.T.

Dallas @ San Francisco

4:25pmE.T.

Cincinnati @ Pittsburgh

Seattle @ NYGiants

Denver @ LAChargers

Atlanta @ New England

Everyone's done pretty good so far this-Week.

It's currently:

1. @buck  11-3

1. @Mike Gordan  11-3

3. @gojiphen malor  10-4

3. @Knobbe  10-4

3. @Bodom  10-4

3. @kamphuna8  10-4

3. me  10-4

8. @TecmoSuperFan  9-5

(my teams right, were: MIN, N.O, CHI, BUF, JAX, TEN, DAL, PIT, SEA, LAC)

This was the easiest week to pick so far.

My one regret was taking Denver, that offense is so bad and I knew better. 

And talk about a tough team to read: CARolina - you never know which Cam is going to show up, Super Man or Willy Wonka (Johnny Depp version).

Edited by buck

On 10/23/2017 at 12:20 AM, Big fan of Fentry, mahself said:

(my teams right, were: MIN, N.O, CHI, BUF, JAX, TEN, DAL, PIT, SEA, LAC)

+, Phila

Quick-Recap O WEEK 7 Piccs

1. buck / Gordan  12-3

3. Everybody else, except TSF {who was still an honorable 10-5}  11-4

64-42 @buck continues top billing;  followed by 63-43 @Mike Gordan;  & 60-46 mahself.

buck - tied w/ Mike G. on the Week - is now a 3-time WEEKly-Winner;  and Mike is now a 1st-time Winner.

Well-played

Edited by Big fan of Fentry, mahself