davefmurray

Madison, WI - 04/07/18 - Tecmo Madison XIV: In The Ware Tonight

waretonight-1200x1200.png

Tickets on sale January 5th, 2018!
Sign-up to be notified! 27a1.png➡️27a1.png➡️ http://tecmomadison.com/mailing-list/

• WHAT: Tecmo Madison XIV
  • WHEN: April 7th, 2018. Doors at 09:30AM
  • WHERE: The Red Zone Madison -- 1212 Regent St, Madison, WI 53715
  • BUY-IN: $55, includes tournament entry, T-Shirt, event grab bag, and one charity raffle entry.
  • REGISTRATION: Registration will go live Monday, January 5th, 2018 4th at 9:30PM EST on TecmoMadison.com.
  • RULES: tecmomadison.com/rules
  • FORMAT: 4 Regions, 22 groups per Region, 3 players per group. Round Robin opening rounds. Round 2 we have a gold bracket, silver bracket, and bronze bracket, each Region producing 22 Gold players, 22 Silver players, 22 Bronze players. Gold Bracket competes for the cash prize and Tecmo immortality. The Silver & Bronze brackets compete for consolation prizes. Opening bracket is single elimination. Final bracket stage TBD. Tiebreakers:
    Bracket seeds are determined by record and then point differential. If at the end of the round there is a two-way tie, a deathmatch will be played. If a three-way tie, a 3-man single elimination tourney will be played, where the top seed of the group gets a bye round.
  • PRIZES: Going to place in the money? We applaud your enthusiasm! Tecmo Madison awards cash prizes to the Top 8 places proportional to the number of attendees. 30% of the registration fee of each participant will go into a tournament prize pool, which will be awarded to the top finishers at a 60/20/10/4/2/2/1/1 split. For example, if 300 people enter a tournament, the total prize pool for that tournament will be $4500 (300 x $15 (30% of total)), paying out $2700 to first place (60% of $4500), $900 to second place (20%), and $450 to third place (10%), and etc. Players may not share or split prizes with other contestants.
  • LIVE STREAM: facebook.com/tecmosuperbowl / twitch.tv/tecmobowl

Well if you told me you were bombing, I would not give a damn
I've seen this play before my friend, but I don't know if you know ‘bout dem Rams
Well I was there and I saw what you did, the whole act made me sick
So you can wipe off that grin, I know where you've been
It's all been a bomb to Dick Dick.

The last Madison tourney post had over 25k views. There are a lot of people who are going to be seeing someone piss on my grave.

Edited by ImFlo

On 10/17/2017 at 11:57 PM, ImFlo said:

The last Madison tourney post had over 25k views. There are a lot of people who are going to be seeing someone piss on my grave.

At least that's a quality piss. You get your money's worth.

2 minutes ago, BroadwayCupOfJoe said:

I just noticed this event (my spam folder, :D). It sounds interesting, and I also have a question about the NBA Jam TE tourney - is this the first, and does anybody play online with an emulator or anything, since I played NBA Jam a lot in the arcades?

Hey, man! This will be the second NBA Jam championships!

We are working on setting up some online play via server very soon! I'll PM once it is ready!

33 minutes ago, BroadwayCupOfJoe said:

OK, thanks! Hope there'll be some players for this game, too!

There will definitely be players -  the 2v2 last year exceeded our expectations. I would imagine the 1v1 will have a good amount of players as well. 

FORMAT: 
4 Regions, 22 groups per Region, 3 players per group. 

Round Robin opening rounds. 

Round 2 will have a Gold bracket, Silver bracket, and Bronze bracket, each region producing 22 Gold players, 22 Silver players, 22 Bronze players. Gold Bracket competes for the cash prize and Tecmo immortality. The Silver & Bronze brackets compete for consolation prizes. Opening bracket is single elimination. Final bracket stage TBD. Tiebreakers TBD.

In short, everyone makes the second round and keeps playing.