Round 0 Vote  

19 members have voted

This poll is closed to new votes
  1. 1. Should we bring back Round 0?

• Please sign in or register to vote in this poll.
  • Poll closed on 10/06/2017 at 01:00 PM

If Round 0 does not get implemented because of this vote, we will never vote on this again while I'm commish. Also, this NEEDS a majority of league vote yes to pass. That means AT LEAST 14 people need to vote yes by Friday 9 AM EST. Votes by people NOT in HSTL do not count.

Edited by hoffnasty9

So here's how round zero would work.  The process would last one day and would occur the day after the draft lottery process is completed (the tandems would also be known at this point).  I would volunteer to mod this process.

Once the draft lottery is over the teams would be ranked in a certain way.  For example...

1. stalltalk

2. JPthebowler

3. LuckyTool

4. Ol' Dirty Tecmo

28. Prime

Each player would have a half hour time slot (say ranging from 9AM eastern to 11PM).  When their time slot comes up or when everyone in front of them has picked their slot, they get to choose their draft slot from the ones remaining.  Anyone who "gets skipped" will automatically be given the highest draft slot remaining.  Players could also declare at any time that they want "highest available" or "lowest available" or leave a list of their desired draft slots. 

So stalltalk could choose whatever slot he wants (1 through 28).  Then JP gets to choose from what's left, and so on.  The last guy would be stuck with whatever slot is not taken (this is usually not slot 28, btw, someone snaps that up).  

Pros:  You get to choose a slot that is to your liking, which should be the case if the lottery is to give an advantage to those who had a rough season.  If you got ranked #2 but would rather take someone not Joe or Bo (or QB Eagles, I guess) and want to shoot for a defensive group or Marino or Jerry then you can drop down, get your man, and have a better 2nd round pick.  If you want to pick a certain slot simply because it's more convenient for you to draft at that time, then you can do that as well.  If you want no part of this process you can just peace out and get highest slot available.

Cons:  It takes a day.

For all of the rounds of the draft that are uninteresting, this adds one more fun round to the process. Vote yes!!!

See here for an example of the results of round zero from season 33.

Edited by toolie

To be clear about getting skipped:  If slot #1 was available and your time got skipped you would automatically be given slot #1 (not slot #28).

Yeah I'm not understanding why people are against it. All it does is give you MORE control over where you pick. And if you don't care, you can just be auto-slotted to highest pick available (which will likely be even higher than it would've otherwise been, since some above you might choose to pick after your slot).

The only argument I see against it is the extra day, but no one has said they care about that. So... VOTE YES!!!

Edited by tecmobo

On 10/4/2017 at 11:19 AM, tecmobo said:

Yeah I'm not understanding why people are against it. All it does is give you MORE control over where you pick. And if you don't care, you can just be auto-slotted to highest pick available (which will likely be even higher than it would've otherwise been, since some above you might choose to pick after your slot).

The only argument I see against it is the extra day, but no one has said they care about that. So... VOTE YES!!!

Truth. 

I'm making an executive decision. Due to the interest in implementing Round 0, we will do it for ONE SEASON (read ONE) and then will vote again. The vote will be a short time frame and will need 14 yes votes to be implemented. Am I not kind? Am I not merciful?

0be360122859be5b172cf031457db59ce998c0d3