Who's Gone Over to Dark Side? (Madden)

chunter

My son recently bought Madden 16 for Xbox One.  It's my first time playing it since my super Nintendo days.  I have to say the passing is really good and enjoyable.  Having a different button associated with different receivers makes alot more sense.  But, the running still feels bad.  It feels plastic-ee and laggy.  Switching directions takes too long and takes the fun out of it.

Has anyone else gotten a taste of the dark side (newer Maddens)?  If so, what are your thoughts?

I played it online for a few years around 2009. It was full of audibles and players always exploited glitches, I was turned off pretty quickly. Played about .500 ball online. Found online Tecmo and never looked back. For me, there wasn't much variable to the play outcomes which is very counter-intuitive to the depth of programming involved. I had the most fun playing the computer at the hardest level and trying to compete. Furthermore, the community is really immature that's why I prefer hanging out with you old guys! ;)

And for the sake of Tecmo, F Madden!!!

1 hour ago, kamphuna8 said:

I played in an online league in 2005. The league was / is legit and has evolved. Made some food friends. Commish does a long running podcast called the Madden Voice. 

Nice! That was probably my mistake, not getting into a league and just playing pickup games in the wild west.