Sign in to follow this  
Big fan of Fentry, mahself

WEEK 4 Predictions

Come One, Come All.

Get your balls in a row ...

Thursday, 9/28 8:25pmE.T.

Chicago @ Green Bay

--------------------------------------------

ALERT!  ALERT!... ANOTHER Sunday EARLY-Morning game!!!  (Don't forget)

V            V            V

Sunday, 10/1 9:30amE.T.

New Orleans @ Miami  (london, england)

1:00pmE.T.

Carolina @ New England

Jacksonville @ NYJets

Tennessee @ Houston

Pittsburgh @ Baltimore

Cincinnati @ Cleveland

Detroit @ Minnesota

LARams @ Cowboys

Buffalo @ Atlanta

4:05pmE.T.

Philadelphia @ LAChargers

San Francisco @ Arizona

NYGiants @ Tampa Bay

4:25pmE.T.

Oakland @ Denver

8:30pmE.T.

Indianapolis @ Seattle

Monday, 10/2 8:30pmE.T.

Washington @ Kansas City

Re-cap of WEEK 3 Borgger exploits:

http://tecmobowl.org/forums/topic/69802-week-3-predictions/?do=findComment&comment=484628

Edited by Bolt
Bolded Winners.

Chicago @ Green Bay

ALERT!  ALERT!... ANOTHER Sunday EARLY-Morning game!!!  (Don't forget)

V            V            V

Carolina @ New England

Jacksonville @ NYJets

Tennessee @ Houston

Pittsburgh @ Baltimore

Cincinnati @ Cleveland

Detroit @ Minnesota

LARams @ Cowboys

Buffalo @ Atlanta

San Francisco @ Arizona

NYGiants @ Tampa Bay

Oakland @ Denver

Indianapolis @ Seattle

Washington @ Kansas City

Locks

Chicago @ Green Bay

Carolina @ New England

Jacksonville @ NYJets

LA Rams @ Cowboys

Buffalo @ Atlanta

NY Giants @ Tampa Bay

Indianapolis @ Seattle

Washington @ Kansas City

Not sure yet

Philadelphia @ LA Chargers

San Francisco @ Arizona

Oakland @ Denver

New Orleans @ Miami

Tennessee @ Houston

Pittsburgh @ Baltimore

Cincinnati @ Cleveland

Detroit @ Minnesota

Probably am not going to watch any of the games this week.  Cannot stand the game anymore.  But as for predictions....

Chicago Bears vs. Green Bay Packers:  I'm picking the Packers to win this game.  Because it's in Green Bay and the Bears suck.

New Orleans Saints vs. Miami Dolphins:  Once again, it's gonna be in London.  My prediction is that the game is going to be another high-scoring bloodbath.  Given the Dolphins' performance against the Jets, I'm gonna predict the Saints to run the score up on these Dolphins.

Carolina Panthers vs. New England Patriots:  The lack of defensive production and a lack of any semblance of a running game is gonna bite the Patriots this season at some point in time.  Brady is 40 years old, and he is expected to carry his team on his shoulders.  If anything, that's gonna wear down on Brady's strength considerably since he's the only person on that squad actually doing his job...well, that and his receivers, but that's a given.  Be as it may, the Panthers are ravaged by injuries on the offensive side of the ball, and are gonna struggle against the Patriots.  As such, I'm picking the Patriots to win this game either way.

Jacksonville Jaguars vs. New York Jets:  I somehow doubt the Jaguars will give the same kind of shitshow that the Dolphins did in New York against the Jets.  Even if Blake Bortles is a turnover machine.  The Jaguars are still fundamentally a better football team.  Besides, it's as I said last week--there isn't a single game on this schedule that I would currently trust the Jets to win, even though they just came away with a resounding victory last week.

Tennessee Titans vs. Houston Texans:  One has to wonder if the Texans can actually win this game and claim some semblance of relevancy in what has suddenly become a 3-way race for the AFC South between these two teams as well as the Jaguars.  Over the course of three weeks, the Titans do look like the fundamentally better football team, but the Texans have suddenly looked like a team to watch out for with Deshaun Watson under center.  It is admittedly one of the few trickier picks to make.  But be as it may, I think the Titans match up better with the Texans than they do the other way around.  Still, if they can get this close to beating the Patriots in Foxborough, they could defeat the Titans at home.

Pittsburgh Steelers vs. Baltimore Ravens:  I know these two teams have a notoriously aggressive rivalry with one another, but that was back when both clubs had highly elite defenses, both clubs had a great deal of youth and leadership, and the refs actually allowed these teams to play actual football.  Nowadays, the Ravens are known for being ravaged by injuries early on in the season, and the Steelers are more of a finesse offense than anything.  As such, the Steelers should--as in SHOULD--be able to win this game.  The Ravens aren't even projected as terrible as of yet.

Cincinnati Bengals vs. Cleveland Browns:  The Browns so far have been greatly underachieving.  And ever since firing their offensive coordinator, the Bengals have figured out how to actually score points!  Still, both teams are winning, and neither team looks like an appetizing pick.  Still, I'm gonna predict that the Bengals pull a win out of their ass, and calls for Marvin Lewis' firing will die down a bit.  Because they will no longer be winless.

Detroit Lions vs. Minnesota Vikings:  You honestly think the Lions are not gonna feel motivated to storm into Vikings stadium and take it after that shitshow that was the refereeing in that Atlanta game!?  As of right now, I'm definitely going to pick the Lions to win, and possibly even win big that game.  They better come into that game pissed off!

LA Rams vs. Dallas Cowboys:  Okay, a perceived real team for the Rams to potentially sink their teeth into.  If the Rams can win in Dallas, then we should consider them a major playoff contender.  If not, then, well, better off next week, I supposed.  I'm picking the Cowboys since they are at least a proven commodity.

Buffalo Bills vs. Atlanta Falcons:  After last week's showing, the Bills defense can definitely stuff up the Atlanta Falcons' offense if possible.  Still, one has to still take into considerations the offensive struggles the Bills had against the Panthers back in Week 2, as well as the fact that they allowed the Jets to compete with them for four quarters.  As such, the Falcons are the safer pick to make this week.

Philadelphia Eagles vs. LA Chargers:  Let me guess; the stadium will be filled to the brim with Eagles fans, and their kicker will continue to suck ass in the moment of truth!?  I'm going with the Eagles to win this game--they at least look like a playoff contender.

San Francisco 49ers vs. Arizona Cardinals:  I don't like any of these teams.  But be as it may, the Cardinals offensively look really slow and conservative nowadays, like it has officially lost its will to live on this Earth.  The Cardinals still look like a better team on paper, but for once, it isn't totally outside the realm of possibility that the 49ers might actually win this one.

New York Giants vs. Tampa Bay Buccaneers:  Sooner or later, the Giants are gonna win a game.  And the Bucs looked utterly helpless against a reasonably good defense in Minnesota (ironic because just last year, this team pulled a major upset win over the Seahawks that would eventually cost them a first round playoff bye).  I don't know how well they can handle the Giants, even on their home turf.  Especially if the Giants offensively are starting to look like it might come back to life soon.

Oakland Raiders vs. Denver Broncos:  At least we're playing the Raiders at home.  If the Redskins can beat the Raiders, then so too can the Broncos.

Indianapolis Colts vs. Seattle Seahawks:  Seahawks win this.  'Nuff said.  It would be funny to see Jacoby Brissett beat them though.

Washington Redskins vs. Kansas City Chiefs:  The Redskins pulled away with a major upset against the Raiders on Sunday Night football, will they do the same on the road against the Chiefs?  I'm gonna say no.  Then again, I've gotten terrible luck so far when it comes to picking the Redskins (actually, I think I got my Eagles pick correct in Week 1).

Edited by Mike Gordan

Chicago @ Green Bay

Carolina @ New England

Jacksonville @ NYJets

Tennessee @ Houston

Pittsburgh @ Baltimore

Cincinnati @ Cleveland

Detroit @ Minnesota

LARams @ Cowboys

Buffalo @ Atlanta

San Francisco @ Arizona

NYGiants @ Tampa Bay

Oakland @ Denver

Indianapolis @ Seattle

Washington @ Kansas City

Okay so based on what we gathered out of each game, most of the games went as expected, more or less; there were three massive road upsets though in the Rams beating the Cowboys in an offensive shootout; the Bills slugging the Falcons in their home turf (and thus ending THEIR perfect season); and Cam Newton, in spite having next to nobody left to throw to on offense, torched the Patriots defense in a big win.  It's becoming increasingly clear that the Cowboys and Patriots have abysmal defenses--the latter of which shocks us like no other.  But the Panthers and Rams were respectable in their own right in victory.  The biggest statement of the week by far was the Bills road upset against the defending NFC Champions--and one of the last two remaining teams with perfect records left in the NFL heading into this week.  Of course, WR Julio Jones got hurt early on in the game, but the Bills have proven to be among the scariest defenses in the entire league.  They feel increasingly more of a justifiable pick to make going forward.  They still need to secure a quality win against the Patriots or Chiefs before we consider them a serious playoff contender, but they're taking the NFL by storm at this point.

Three other picks I got wrong were the Giants over the Bucs, the Jaguars over the Jets, and the Titans over the Texans.  The Giants/Bucs game was a toss-up for me, and I figured they'd find a way to get it done and try to get back on track.  But alas, they have suffered from the opposite symptoms as the Chargers--being able to tie it up or take a very small lead, but leaving too much time left on the clock for the opposing team to make the game-winning field goal.  Anyways, it was kind of hard to gauge how good the Buccaneers could actually be, and it still is.  My dad sort of saw the outcome of the Jaguars vs. Jets game coming, given the fact that they just got back from London, and may be coming off to an incredibly sluggish start, though I still consider the Jaguars to be a better team than the Jets.  I still cannot answer just how this Jets team was able to utterly dismantle the Dolphins, but for a team that's supposed to be tanking this season, they still seem pretty hellbent on winning games whenever possible (the only game where they actually did look like shit was against the Raiders).

The Titans over the Texans....I will admit that my picking the Titans was not a pick I made with utmost confidence--what I saw out of Deshaun Watson against the Patriots, even though he lost, actually looked like he could become somebody special in the foreseeable future.  I picked against them because I did not know beyond a shadow of a doubt if the Texans could actually be a serious playoff contender in the foreseeable future.

Other than those, I'm currently 9-6 this week.  Of course, the Redskins could storm into Kansas City and pull away with yet another major upset.

Geez, just where is this world coming to, where the Patriots look like they're in deep shit; the Bills and Lions look like Super Bowl contenders; the Texans finally have a QB; the Greatest Show on Turf has been revived; the Jaguars are the unofficial division leader due to point differential; and the Broncos might be the best defense against the run the league has seen since the 2000 Baltimore Ravens.  Although to be fair, the defending Super Bowl losers actually look good, and the Steelers are par for the course as far as their division goes.  As goes the Packers, eh, same ole same ole.

@Grogan

@buck

And myself are now tied overall for first place at 36-26.  I'm gonna assume then that all three of us had chosen the Chiefs to win tomorrow night, so we're probably going to remain tied no matter what happens.

I'm already beginning to map out my Week 5 picks.  And my Power Rankings are beginning to take shape heading into Week 5.

Edited by Mike Gordan

Gordan:  you're actually leading the overall medal-count - at 4 - as well (4 Weeks in the Top 3... I was tied with you, until this week; but we've both yet to strike Weekly GOLD!!)

... Bodom is our only two-time (& back-to-back) GOLD-medalist, so far (one - in Week 2 - he shared with the illustrious Gojiphen Malor).

Other GOLD-medalists, include:  TecmoSuperFan (Week 1);  and likely buck, this-Week ...

I'm going to pick the Patriots to win this week.  Yes, it's a short week, but we've seen the Patriots off to a slow 4-game start before.  They do tend to win Super Bowls following said starts.  And I'm going to assume the Patriots will at least attempt to demonstrate some level of team urgency as well.  You know, before Brady falls off a cliff.

Oh, wait!  He's on the cover of Madden....Well, Richard Sherman hasn't exactly suffered much from that--his team lost the Super Bowl, but he was still productive that year.