Portland, OR - 01/27/18 - J.J.'s Birden

DT.

Portland Tecmo Super Bowl Championship

Saturday, Jan 27, Laurelwood Brewing, 5115 NE Sandy Blvd. 11 am

johnny.jpg                                                 PORTLAND, OREGON                                               JJ-Birden-Kansas-City.jpg

The return to the Rose City. This time bigger, stronger, BOLDER.

Logic behind the name:

1) J.J. Birden is a Tecmo Legend that hailed from NE Portland and starred for the Oregon Ducks

2) Portland Tecmo Legend Tailback King constantly struggles with his desire to compete within the structure of Tecmo Tournaments and his need to honor #39 Johnny J for the Cards. It's a burden for him, or a Birden if you will.

3) Winning a game cause of some JJ (jumping jackass) bullshit leaves the winning player a burden, which often results in the Tecmo Gods evening things out later

Things to look forward to in this tournament:

1) Momentum carried over from Johnny Johnson in the Beaver, which had an endless amount of memorable matchups and introduced us to several new players on the scene.

2) Co-Organization from Portland native and reigning Seattle champ Ptitteri, who has been organizing a small Portland Tecmo tourney for several years.

3) The further evolution of TBK, who continues to mold his game beyond relying on Johnny Johnson's hidden stats.

4) Gripsmoke not boning out.

5) Improved format from last year's PDX throwdown.

6) Some good-ass fucking microbrew FLOWIN

7) The usual Pacific Northwest Tecmo shenanigans

Chime in on the BOARD to get your name on the LIST.

1. D.T. (The Boss)

2. Ptitteri (The Enforcer)

3. Gripsmoke (The OG)

4. TBK (The King)

5. InvaderStar (The Elusive One)

6. Tick (The Nature Boy)

7. Kamphuna (The Sage)

8. BWagg (The Donkey)

9. Shermy80 (The Shutdown Corner)

10. JBrooks (The Future)

11. D Money (The Panda)

12. Jake the Snake (The Killer)

13. Flyin Ryan (The Bomber)

14. RPW44 (The Coug)

15. Lefty Locey (The Cheerleader)

16. The Great North Wes (The Dude)

17. Fairf (The QB)???

18. WHO ELSE??? 

Format: 

The main Championship deciding tournament will closely resemble PNW tourneys past. A regular season with 8 players progressing to a double-elimination playoff. The player matchups in the regular season will be pre-determined to keep the games rolling, unlike previous tourneys. This worked very well in Seattle for maximum action! We barely had time to sip our Microbrews...

In addition to the regular competition, there will also be a soccer inspired KNOCKOUT tourney going on simultaneously where player matchups are randomly assigned. These games will take place on a special rom I will be compiling for the tournament. We will be drafting up teams from this rom at the beginning of the day and rolling with them throughout the KNOCKOUT competition. A 2nd chance for glory! A 2nd chance for $$$.

Keep it here to find more information regarding this rom and the payout distribution in the coming weeks.

PORTLAND

Edited by DT.

• 1 month later...
On 11/7/2017 at 12:42 PM, gripsmoke said:

Is this still a thing? I need to know because herring needs to be purchased at least a month in advance in order to have enough ripening time at room temperature to get a proper herring redolence.

^^^YES....................................What the hellz goin' on with this D.T????????????  PINN it!!!!!!!!!!!....and don't wait till the week before the tourney to do it.

• 2 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...
On 11/24/2017 at 11:19 AM, kamphuna8 said:

I can.make it, thanks to @Tick for transport, so he should be there as well.

Welp, I just found out I can't make it. It's the one day of the year where the Conservatory where we take our Santa pics is open for that kind of business. GL to all.

Hey everyone! Long time no post. Just been a little too busy to make this tournament happen, but I still want to battle on the 8-bit gridiron with you fools in the Rose City. We're gonna regroup, reload, and try to make it happen another time. Tentative date: Jan 27. I'll be in touch with yas.

12 minutes ago, DT. said:

Hey everyone! Long time no post. Just been a little too busy to make this tournament happen, but I still want to battle on the 8-bit gridiron with you fools in the GREEN BAY. We're gonna regroup, reload, and try to make it at Tundra Bowl on Jan 27. I'll be in touch with yas about travel arrangements.

Edited for accuracy. Or wishful thinking. Bring that PNW power to the Tundra.

On ‎12‎/‎18‎/‎2017 at 3:25 PM, DT. said:

Just confirmed. We are locked in. Laurelwood Brewing. 5115 NE Sandy Blvd, Portland, OR 97213, Jan 27

Further details forthcoming! THIS IS HAPPENING

GOOD!  ...Now, @kamphuna8, you have no excuses why you can't make it...be there or be square.......and you know how it is, you're oldschool.....If you have squares in yo circle, your click can't roll smoothly ;) 

3 hours ago, fairf said:

Put me down for a maybe

WHOA!!!!!!!!!!  There's been a Randy sighting???????????  Now if @madmanyo360 & @SirTed would just get their faces outta the boonda for one fucc!n day on a weekend, this Tourney has the ability to be one of the most epic and spectacular Tourneys we've had yet!!!!!!!!!!  (FIND A WAY BROTHAZ!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!)

{p.s.       ....and damit @DT., PINN THIS $#!T}

Edited by ~Tailback King~

We got a maybe from FAIRF! Uh oh... So I updated this roster with everyone I've heard from. Lookin pretty STRONG all of a sudden. JBrooks is not the shifty #21 for Cincy, it's Peter's son!... Yeah if all of these dudes are in the building, this is gonna be red hot, but I expect SEVERAL more to be added to the mix before we kick this bitch off. BRING IT TO BRIDGETOWN.

Edited by DT.

I got a couple of Tecmo legends who say they gonna roll with me, but I ain't even mentioning they're names till they can prove to me they're off of work that day.....It should be easier since the Tourney is in f*cc!n PORTLAND........but ya never can tell the flakeyness of a Tecmo Legend......hell, ask Gripsmoke!!!!!!!!  :) 

More legends in the mix?? I am FIRED UP. I encourage everyone who is thinking about coming to this to chime in or get at me. I know we are a flaky bunch so the format will be designed with malleability in mind, but an idea of who all is a potential factor will be very useful in the planning to make this as awesome of a tourney as possible!