Sign in to follow this  
OL' Dirty Tecmo

CANCELLED - A Night of Tecmo - WIN FREE Madison 2018 Entry and Flight (up to $400)

HSTLers, you get first dibs. 

Initially. a hype-initiative has turned into something much bigger. Working with Dave Murray, he's offered free Madison entry and flight costs to one of the 8 people willing to help out. 

What's Required? 

• A 4-week in a row commitment
  • Availability on one set night. Example: Tuesday Night Tecmo from 8pm-12am EST. 
  • MUST HAVE A WEBCAM
  • Your job will be to make sure you and your opponent can host, have a good connection, and are prompt.
  • Must make sure you and your opponents connection are working prior to streaming. 

When we get 8 guys we'll take a majority vote to figure out what night we'll be streaming. From there, some guys may need to be replaced if they can't fit the schedule. No exceptions, myself of course included. 

A Night of Tecmo Task Force: 

1. @OL' Dirty Tecmo
  2. @hoffnasty9
  3. @Darth RockMan 
  4. @oklahoma
  5. @drake 
  6. @randywags25
  7. @tecmobo
  8. @joeygats

Post here if interested. Thanks!

@davefmurray Did I forget anything (or anyone)? For instance, more clarification on the option for cash? Thanks.

Edited by OL' Dirty Tecmo

Once we have all 8 sign-ups, we'll sort out a schedule of sorts. For example, week 1:

1 v 8

2 v 7

3 v 6

4 v 5

The entirety of the night will last no longer than 2hrs and all games must be back to back. Tecmo Madison will host the stream and all players will be invited guests. Expect to have 500-1000 live viewers per night.

You'll get a point per win, plus a point differential. Either Top 4 or Top 2 will duke it out single elim for the final. Winner gets the flight up to $400 or $300 cash if they plan on driving/bussing to Madison.

Both players webcams will be live and we will capture the game window from the player with the best internet connection.

Additionally, you don't have to use your HSTL teams, but if you'd rather to hype the league, that is totally fine. I'll leave this decision up to @OL' Dirty Tecmo .

The latest this can go is 10:30PM EST. Ideally, anywhere from 7-10:30EST is fine. The point of this is to drum up interest in online Tecmo.

OG ROM or HSTL, nothing else.

I'm interested. If two hours on a weeknight, would prefer it to be on the later side (like 10pm - 12am EST).

No strong preference on the rom - I can see the arguments for orig rom (nostalgia), HSTL (to showcase leagues), or TSB17 (to showcase modding community/more accessible to current gamers).

Edited by tecmobo

The latest this can go is 10:30PM EST. Ideally, anywhere from 7-10:30EST is fine. The point of this is to drum up interest in online Tecmo.

OG ROM or HSTL, nothing else.

so 7 days a week 3 hours a night with a chance to win $400 or $300 while playing actual competitive tecmo games were both players will be playing 100% yes i would love to be apart of this. just need someone willing to set me up. i know how to use obs but never figured out my sound

We have 8. Can we designate a night and follow thru on our commitment? @tecmobo can you swing 8pm for a month? It'll be great for online Tecmo! Post here if you require accommodations or foresee issues. To be clear, once you're in, you're in. Don't be the guy to force himself to try but can't cut it. Do the right thing and walk away so we can get someone else. Rarely, does Tecmo ever require moving something personal. In this instance, it does. @davefmurray What's your ideal 4-week span for this? Once we get a day of the week, we'll triple check our calendar before giving you our final Grateful Eight. Thanks guys!

18 minutes ago, OL' Dirty Tecmo said:

We have 8. Can we designate a night and follow thru on our commitment? @tecmobo can you swing 8pm for a month? It'll be great for online Tecmo! Post here if you require accommodations or foresee issues. To be clear, once you're in, you're in. Don't be the guy to force himself to try but can't cut it. Do the right thing and walk away so we can get someone else. Rarely, does Tecmo ever require moving something personal. In this instance, it does. @davefmurray What's your ideal 4-week span for this? Once we get a day of the week, we'll triple check our calendar before giving you our final Grateful Eight. Thanks guys!

Before I answer that, please get me an ideal day of the week. I can move my schedule around to a day and then better answer that. For now, assume we start in the next 2-3 weeks.

I'll need to write a quick guide on how to connect and also need to get in touch with the person in charge of the streaming server.

Looking at upcoming schedules, Wednesday nights would be best, 9:30-11:00 PM EST. Would that work for everyone? It is a bit later than I want, but this would require the least amount of rearranging.

19 hours ago, OL' Dirty Tecmo said:

Dave's Weds 9:30-11 EST proposal would work best. If there's someone else that can commit I'm happy to give up my spot though. My problem is that I have a work schedule that fluctuates and can sometimes go very late, so it's hard to forecast four weeks out.

I would verify all players can connect with no to minimal lag spikes while also streaming. A lag spikey game looks pretty awful to anyone watching.  

Example last nights HSTL stream was horrendous. Sounds like it may have been Rico's connection as Nos has like 6M up. Regardless of whose fault it was...maybe it was a random internet server in between....it makes the gameplay look bad.

It's one thing if the video stream occasionally lags a bit...the stream itself was actually fine.   It's another if the game is actually spike lagging (herky-jerky). It's not only  bad for the competitors as it makes it harder to rely on precision movements/presses but also to casual fan that would be watching. 

Well, we tried. We can't reach anyone on Discord or TBorg. Most of ya'll are logging in, viewing the messages and not replying. Maybe we can do something together in the future.