Jump to content
davefmurray

The Road To Tecmo Madison

Recommended Posts

theRoadtoTecmoMadison.png

 

We are working on some new, awesome extensions for Tecmo and Tecmo Madison. We are going to start a tournament series, including qualifiers and a last chance event, that leads up and builds to Tecmo Madison -- The Road To Tecmo Madison.

 

Overall, there will be 5 tournaments - 3 qualifiers that will be coined "Majors", 1 Last Chance event and the main event, Tecmo Madison.

 

Each of the majors will contribute to a new point and seeding system for Tecmo tournaments. Players who finish in the top 4 of each major will get a guaranteed Top 6 region seed at Madison. Major winners will get an even better seeding, with preferred placement into regions.

 

The points system will also be assigned to all tournaments that adhere to a few standard rules and formats. Those are: They must use the basic rules from Tecmo Madison (http://tecmomadison.com/rules), they must have more than 24 people, they must submit the scores to TecmoMadison.com using the proper format, and the final portion of the tournament must be a seeded bracket, single or double elimination, utilizing standard Madison matchup selection. We have the right to approve non-standard formats at our discretion.

 

The points system is as follows:

1st  25
2nd  18
3rd  15
4th  12
5th  10
6th  8
7th  6
8th  4
9th  2
10th  1

 

 

Players: We will keep track of your points and they will be posted on your TecmoMadison.com profile as we build them out. More on this later.

 

 

Good luck and Godspeed during this Tecmo Bowl season.

 

View full article

 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Being a part of The Road To Madison, not only contributes to the new TSB tournament circuit and its point system, but it also affords your tournament the following marketing efforts to help your tournament fill its seats and grow.

 

  • Regional Email blasts to neighboring states/regions.
  • Regional Facebook posts via Official TSB Page
  • Regional TBorg Private Messages directly to members


We have reached out to the initial tournaments we want to join. If you would like your tournament to be considered, please message us. The deadline to be considered for The Road To Madison will be November 1st.

 

Initially, we will choose one tournament per month from May to February each year to include as part of this circuit. During certain times, there may be two tournaments separated regionally and we will reach to a second tournament if we'd like to include it. Bear in mind, these can and will change each year.

 

For now, here are your 2017-18 majors!

 

Tundra Bowl V - Green Bay, WI - 01/27/18 - @RetroNathan

 

CT Tecmo XI - Southington, CT - 12/02/17 - @arncoem

 

Tomczak Bowl X - Dubuque, IA - 02/24/18 - @Beef Juice

 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
11 minutes ago, joeygats said:

I think a requirement if your a major has to be a live stream or upload after the event to you tube or twitch

 

If someone wants to do it at Tomczak they're more than welcome to.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 hour ago, Beef Juice said:

 

If someone wants to do it at Tomczak they're more than welcome to.

Dam thats not gonna be streamed? I should be there so won't affect me as much but sucks for those that cant be

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
15 minutes ago, joeygats said:

Dam thats not gonna be streamed? I should be there so won't affect me as much but sucks for those that cant be

 

I'm not saying it won't, just that I don't plan on doing it myself. If anyone that has the equipment and know-how to do it is more than welcome to. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
4 hours ago, Beef Juice said:

 

I'm not saying it won't, just that I don't plan on doing it myself. If anyone that has the equipment and know-how to do it is more than welcome to. 

ok cool i hope someone does

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
9 minutes ago, noonan said:

Did someone call for someone that has stream equipment?

Beef Juice, if your venue has greater than 1MB upload speed internet... I can do it.

 

Cool I'll keep you posted on what I find out.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
On 11/17/2017 at 1:52 PM, joeygats said:

I think a requirement if your a major has to be a live stream or upload after the event to you tube or twitch

Already got too many requirements IMO. Plus it's a lot of work running an event.  Having someone else taking care of video will make it run better.

 

On a related note for streaming you might want to see if anyone can bring a mobile hotspot.  If I still had one I would bring it to let you stream off it.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
21 hours ago, mort1237 said:

Already got too many requirements IMO. Plus it's a lot of work running an event.  Having someone else taking care of video will make it run better.

 

On a related note for streaming you might want to see if anyone can bring a mobile hotspot.  If I still had one I would bring it to let you stream off it.

1

 

Just curious why you think there are too many? Is there something specific?

  • Have 24 players
  • Use basic rules
  • Submit your scores
  • Have a seeded playoff

These cover a significant amount (90%+?) of all tournaments posted here.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Now I got no objection to the submitting results part.  It's too much speculation and work for you to seed Madison on just partial results.

 

As for the other requirements I can come up with several various good reasons on why you should lower or remove the requirement.

 

All those reason come back to having different formats are a lot of fun.  For example I'm hoping this year Det goes back to random triple elimination.  

 

Also a few events with 20 or 16 or even 12 can be challenging and rewarding for those playing in it.  Also a few places have trouble raising 24 people yet still have good tourney's.

 

Basic rules are used pretty uniformly used.  But these days to make it more I interesting I would have fun playing with some different rules in a small event.  But that's because I go to so many events and it would spice things up.

 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
5 hours ago, mort1237 said:

As for the other requirements I can come up with several various good reasons on why you should lower or remove the requirement.

 

All those reason come back to having different formats are a lot of fun.  For example I'm hoping this year Det goes back to random triple elimination.  

 

Also a few events with 20 or 16 or even 12 can be challenging and rewarding for those playing in it.  Also a few places have trouble raising 24 people yet still have good tourney's.

 

Basic rules are used pretty uniformly used.  But these days to make it more I interesting I would have fun playing with some different rules in a small event.  But that's because I go to so many events and it would spice things up.

 

5

 

I completely understand all your reasons, but for seeding a world championship you cannot have random seeds and random rules influencing an outcome. It artificially inflates or deflates for no reason other than randomness. I am all for changing things up, but not when it comes to seeding a ~300 person tournament.

 

👊

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Sign up for a new account in our community. It's easy!

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now


  • Recently Browsing   0 members

    No registered users viewing this page.

×