Green Bay, WI - 01/27/2018 - Tundra Bowl V: Presented By Game Trade (MADISON MAJOR)

RetroNathan

On 1/1/2018 at 3:41 PM, RetroNathan said:

C7FC8B94-314C-4A10-B058-2D7B0C76A174-1202-0000006874FDD350.thumb.jpeg.eda0fa76ac4ed930b1506783a06c440b.jpeg

Just confirmed: Ahman Green is registered, and is scheduled to play in Tundra Bowl V! Will you be the lucky one to play in the group with the Green Bay Packers' all-time leading rusher?!? Only way to find out is to register for Tundra Bowl V! Less than 4 weeks until the big day!

Fun fact: Ahman and I lived in the same dorm in college. I know he's a legend in Wisconsin for his play with the Packers but he was a big deal in Nebraska even in high school.

Groups for Tundra Bowl V

*Groups may change up until kickoff on game day based on walk-ins, future registrations, and other circumstances.

Group 1
Group 2
Group 3
Group 4
Regulator
JoeyGats
Mort1237
Coconuts
Jebigred
SammieSmith33
Heechy
KevinCabarello
Chase M
Trojangblan
Hankthetank
TheLegend
TundraYeti
Casual T
Nostradamus
Swagz
John A
Matthew R
Justin H
Emilio C

Group 5
Group 6
Group 7
Group 8
Sonofpatbeach
RetroNathan
Ricor33
Ones11fahzu
TimPapi
Gio
the_shield
Nelson79
TheBAZ
MTSpliffStars
ShowerBabies
Nick S
Nate R
AceSr
CrestedChris
John O
AceJr
Gerrald D
Roman S
TheNicolino

Group 9
Group 10
Group 11
Group 12
Red98sethuthut
AverageTSBplayer
PrimeTime
JustinPeters51
Flash80
DarthRockman
HoffNasty9
Ryan11p
FabulasFulcher
Randy S
JohnnyTecmo
NMUFred
SuperDuper
Sw33ts
Rob C
Stephen A
Joe D
Dustin R.
Ryan A
Josh W
TheWoodsman
TBD
TBD
TBD
Edited by RetroNathan

Well gentlemen, just got the unfortunate word that Mr. Green won't be able to make it to the tournament as he has business to attend to outside of the state. I thought it was only fair to update everyone as soon as I found out the information. Hoping that he can make it to next year's tournament.

9 hours ago, noonan said:

Happy for Louis!

Tremendous run Louis!  

Congrats on coming out of a very talented field undefeated.

I had a chance to watch some of the stream (which was well done BTW gentleman - loved the "RedZone" style of switching between games).

Not only did he play outstanding Tecmo, he called excellent matchups.

Well played sir.  Well played.

Hope to see many of you who were at Tundra Bowl at the Detroit Kumite in March!

PS - Congrats to Ryan and Kevin for setting a new world record in NBA Jam!  Fun to watch their reactions on the stream (especially late in the game).

Edited by The Ultimate Weapon

It was a wild and crazy ride at Tundra Bowl V! I will have a full write-up this week, and will post links to videos and such. In the meantime, check out our media outlets for the games and other news from the day:

www.facebook.com/tundrabowl

www.twitch.tv/tundrabowl

And congratulations to @red98sethuthut on his first ever Tundra Bowl championship! Among the plethora of spoils, he gets FREE LIFETIME ADMISSION to all future Tundra Bowl tournaments!

Edited by RetroNathan

52 minutes ago, averagetsbplayer said:

@RetroNathan and crew did a great job with this tournament once again! 

Thanks brother, I really appreciate that.

We were thankful to have all four major news stations come out to the tournament on Saturday. So far, I've seen two clips posted to their websites, so I've included them below.

https://www.nbc26.com/news/tecmo-tournament-kicks-off

http://www.wearegreenbay.com/news/local-news/nations-second-largest-tecmo-tournament-comes-to-green-bay/941997271

• DFM unpinned this topic

Wow what an Tournament ran by @RetroNathan and crew. I mean just the Freaking "Red Zone" Channel was a neat with 2 games streamed with announcers was sweet to watch. I remember watching some games live and using the stream as an replay. The announcers i thought nailed it @hoffnasty9 @Ryan11p @flash80 @Darth RockMan I believe. There was some rumor on the stream as to if i was drinking. I had some spotted cows but i took it easy as my doctor wants cut the drinking down. My favorite thing was my buddy from home was rooting for me on the facebook live thing and texting me more and more the farther i made it. That was awesome. Ty @mort1237 for all the years of coaching and helping getting my drunk ass to tournaments in the past.

Random Takes

*** There was some guy i played who was Nicknamed "Chopper". I was like how'd u get ur nickname? Chopper was like i was conceived in a helicopter lol!!!

*** @son_of_pat_beach Was Near "Burning Mort Level" Lit to Say the Least...All those bellowing Viking horn calls lol and shimmey shakes. And had a hell of run by the Rise of Emisle Harry back Shoulder TD Pass ( The wr on Curl was so slow he got open in front of 2 db's for game tieing td as time expired in wild OT game vs @joeygats Sorry bud just a bad break. Beach also had weird play vs @hoffnasty9 who had a fine run in 1st tourney. On a Called Red Gun Pass...Beaches pass was completed over the middle to Marc paige of Mia who somehow ran backwards to catch the ball. I never seen anything like this b4. 3o2 3rd Qtr.

*** @Ones11fahzu What an class act punting back after i got screwed on safety glitch JJ Pick by haddix.

*** Even @mort1237 had some rough luck in close games vs the Miller Boys but watch the stream. But just some wild games. He had a great time. He also played some blindfolded games for fun.

*** I think @Casual T won the "Oh Ellard Jersey"

*** No surprise but i won a raffle prize again...a Mike Dikta Framed Photo which is in a random Chicago storage center locked away. I think i should be banned from raffles fron now on!!!

*** Someone i think bought me a case of Spotted Cow @The Shield I think. Ty brother. I could not bring it back with me. next time i see a free meal is coming your way.

*** @Coconuts had some rough breaks but man can this motherfucker run the football. best Jukes i saw all day. He said i havn't played in 3months. My ass sir!!!

*** Ty to @joeygats and @hankthetank letting me and @kevincabarello and Mort crash. All those hard games vs u guys paid off.

*** Ty to @trojan1979 for having Nes Set Up at boehmer's ready to go all weekend. Good call brother. Nice job taking the Consolation bracket.

*** Ty to @davefmurray for the setting up the Madison Major Circuit.

*** I missed out on Nba Jam with @Ryan11p and @kevincabarello but nice job with WR on Snes ( I believe )

*** TundraBowl V The Rise Of Em isle Harry

*** It was very classy of @regulator088 to let Josh H restart the game and give him an extra possession after their game froze. I'm sorry i had to decline the shot for score proposal due to my doctors orders. That woulda of been crazy.

*** I think i'm like a basketball player who goes thru hot and cold streaks while playing tecmo.

Peace fellas Till Next Time Long Live Tecmo

20 hours ago, red98sethuthut said:

On a Called Red Gun Pass...Beaches pass was completed over the middle to Marc paige of Mia who somehow ran backwards to catch the ball. I never seen anything like this b4. 3o2 3rd Qtr.

Marino can make 'em do pilates as he releases it, if he wants to. 

• 2 weeks later...

5a936266a1440_tundrabowllogo225.thumb.jpg.9dac96b0517be8d85f6f2d5a561b9013.jpg

Today, we are proud to debut our new Tundra Bowl RedZone Stream logo. The Tundra Bowl RedZone Stream is a part of the larger Tundra Bowl Network, and was a landmark innovation in the world of Tecmo Super Bowl streaming this year. Thank you all for your continued support; we look forward to more groundbreaking announcements regarding our tournament in the near future!