Sign in to follow this  
regulator088

Tournament Abundance

Tecmo Tournament abundance  

28 members have voted

1. 1. I just saw how many Tecmo tournaments there have been and that are upcoming and post this for the pure betterment of Tecmo. My question is do you think this is good for Tecmo, or does it water down participation at what could be denser fields with fewer tournaments?

• Good for Tecmo
    • Waters down participation

On 8/18/2017 at 11:00 AM, segathonsov said:

fab95e3881094d8976f7f2fe80e9bf90--idiocr

Kidding!

Idiocracy Movie should be required viewing for everyone. 

Good Lord I love your smack talk

20 minutes ago, mort1237 said:

It would be nice to have no tournament overlapping in 2019.  That's the year I plan to play in every tecmo tourney.   Or a bare minimum.

Somebody get an Alaska Tourney in the works.  @red98sethuthut get ready for a 60 drive with your bro.  https://www.google.com/maps/dir/Chicago,+Illinois/Anchorage,+Alaska/@46.5107513,-153.3248885,3z/data=!3m1!4b1!4m14!4m13!1m5!1m1!1s0x880e2c3cd0f4cbed:0xafe0a6ad09c0c000!2m2!1d-87.6297982!2d41.8781136!1m5!1m1!1s0x56c8917604b33f41:0x257dba5aa78468e3!2m2!1d-149.9002778!2d61.2180556!3e0

55 minutes ago, mort1237 said:

It would be nice to have no tournament overlapping in 2019.  That's the year I plan to play in every tecmo tourney.   Or a bare minimum.

Unfortunately it won't always work out. We've been going strong for 15 years so for us to change now would not be in the best interest for my tournament, and the people who attend. For people starting new tournaments they have the option of moving around dates. When you have an established tournament you shoot for the same time frame that works best for the people in your area. Unfortunately my tournament and the tundra bowl will always be targeted around the same date. As much as I'd love to work out a compromise, pro bowl weekend is the day that works best for my people. My goal is not to steal anyone away from the tundra bowl, but give people other options if that location is to far away.

18 hours ago, T.Mann said:

Unfortunately it won't always work out. We've been going strong for 15 years so for us to change now would not be in the best interest for my tournament, and the people who attend. For people starting new tournaments they have the option of moving around dates. When you have an established tournament you shoot for the same time frame that works best for the people in your area. Unfortunately my tournament and the tundra bowl will always be targeted around the same date. As much as I'd love to work out a compromise, pro bowl weekend is the day that works best for my people. My goal is not to steal anyone away from the tundra bowl, but give people other options if that location is to far away.

That's why I said a minimum.  I know that some dates are set for a reason.  And some dates work better than other dates.  For example in Buffalo we had a great date at the last week of April or first of May.

Now tecmo Madison is to close and it's not easy finding a new date.  It makes you appreciate it when you have a date that works year in and year out for the usual participants at your event.

21 hours ago, mort1237 said:

I'm having a tournament every weekend in 2019. You can stay with @moulds33