Art/Helmet Editing SNES

MikeMystery

Hey guys!

I'm starting up a new hack of TSB to change the players to pokemon.  I have most of the things set up already, except I need ideas on getting logos and helmets changed.  Just seeing if anyone has suggestions on editing the artwork in the SNES TSB (I'll probably be using 1 for this hack).

Or if anyone would like to take on the duty of changing everything around, I'd be happy to email the ideas of logos I have!

Any suggestions would be great.  Thanks!

Being that all the action is centered around Pokemon in game, I wanted the same experience for this game. I guess you would consider the trainers as their coaches then? Each team is themed after a Pokemon type, with an added rule from Pokemon Stadium 2 R2 mode...each trainer has Pokemon that break the normal rule for their theme. For example, Brock, the Rock user, has a Victreebel, a Grass type. This, along with a salary cap rule, kept rosters balanced (so no one can win over and over with Lance's Dragon team)

• 2 weeks later...

Question on the editing part, now that I'm just about ready to start this section of the edit.

Of course, as said before, I'm editing the SNES version of TSB.  I noticed that in the intro each team name has specific art style.  Once I edit that, will the end zones change as well?

Also, how would I change end zone colors, helmet colors (for the intro screens and the team data screens) and the city names in the intro?

I see, I'll have to give that a look pretty soon.

I do have the main backbone of this done, just have to do this and I'll probably post in here once completed.

Another question:  I saw something in here about moving grapples.  Does this apply for NES or the SNES ROM?  And is there coding for the SNES ROM?  I thought it would be a cool feature to have in the game.

Another thing I wanted to ask was about the play in the SNES ROM when you just press the X-Button.  The play where your back just jumps over the line for a gain of 2 if it's successful or a loss of 2 if it's unsuccessful.

What factors play into that?  Like, what player gets the ball generally and what player stats factor into it?

RB2 on teams with 2 RBs, isn't it? I seem to have forgotten it wasn't a play in the playbook but selectable with its own button. Too much TSB III I guess. In TSB III you have to put it in your playbook, but you can hit R, I believe, to jump forward with the ball carrier.

• 1 month later...