Berwyn, IL - 8/22/17 - Free to Play Cash Prize Tecmo Super Bowl Tournament
4 posts in this topic
Chicago Tecmo Super Bowl Tournament - "The Equalizer"
When - Saturday October 14, 2017
Where - Michael Anthony's Pizzeria - 6434 W. Ogden Ave. Berwyn, IL 60402
Time - Registration 11:45am to 12:15pm, Kickoff Time 12:30pm
Buy In - $20 - Registration through paypal to email@example.com
20 players maximum
5 groups of 4 players playing round robin (3 games for each player)
-Groups will be separated by skill level, past tournament experience, TPC / online record. Top players will all be grouped together; newer players will all be grouped together.
-Group play will use provided tier list for choosing matchups
All 20 players will advance to a single elimination playoff round based overall record in tournament and the draft lottery.
There will be a draft lottery for seeding based on your record after group play. It is based on the four possible record outcomes:
Record - 0-3 - 20th seed will randomly be selected here, then seeds will continue to be selected until there is no player that was 0-3 left
Record - 1-2 - Seeds randomly selected until there are no players that were 1-2 left
Record - 2-1 - Seeds randomly selected until there are no players that were 2-1 left
Record - 3-0 - Seeds randomly selected until there are no players that were 3-0 left, 1st pick will be last player selected
-Determined seeding for the single elimination playoff creates the order for players to choose their team for the remainder of the tournament. (Tier 1 is excluded) For example, the first seed chooses their team first, then the second seed, third seed etc. 20th seed gets last choice of team.
-There will be a championship game, as well as a third place game for the two participants eliminated in the final four.
All money for entry goes towards prizes.
1st - $200
2nd - $120
3rd - $80
1. Tier list for group play. Winner of coin toss is player 1 and chooses tier. Loser of coin toss chooses team from tier player 1 selected or a lower tier. Winner of coin toss chooses team second from tier originally chosen or lower tier.
2. 49ers are allowed in group play with limitation. Either Joe Montana or Jerry Rice has to be on the bench. They cannot be on the field at the same time on offense. You can switch them in and out once per quarter and an additional time at the end of half / game.
3. We will not keep track of teams used during group play. Choose the team that best suites you in group play under the tier list guidelines.
4. Customizing Playbooks and Lineup Changes. You are allowed to change your selected team's playbook before each game. Checking the change / substitution screen is allowed during gameplay. Once per quarter for each player is the recommendation.
5. WR/TE at RB: A WR/TE cannot carry the football unless it is a reverse. You can insert a WR or TE into a RB slot for lead blocking purposes, but he cannot carry the football. To further clarify, players such as Ernest Givins, Ricky Sanders, and Andre Rison cannot carry the football unless it is a reverse.
6. Ties during group play are ok. No ties for single elimination playoff. If a game is tied when regulation concludes, competitors will proceed to OT. All OT’s will be 5-minute sudden death periods. If no one scores in the first OT, the second OT will be only the first quarter in a new game. This process will be repeated until a winner emerges. So that one competitor does not start with the ball in every OT period, the receiving team (i.e. team that gets the ball first) shall alternate beginning with the second OT period.
7. Defensive Lineman Lurching is prohibited. In this tournament, lurching is defined by user controlling a defensive lineman, not engaging a blocker, then diving at the quarterback or running back. If you go around the offensive line, you are allowed to dive at the quarterback. Going through the offensive line is permitted with a defensive lineman, but diving at quarterback or running back would be considered lurching.
8. Nintendo Malfunctions: If there is an equipment failure in the first half, games will be replayed from the start. If equipment malfunctions in the 2nd half, only the second half is replayed. In that event, the scores from each half are added together to obtain a final score. If the game was uncompetitive or the equipment malfunctioned due to human error, the tourney organizers reserve the right to declare a winner without replaying any portion of the game.
9. Tournament Disputes: Tom Stahnke and Francis Mort Buennagel are the tournament referees. They will decide all disputes unless one of them is a player in the game. If one or both is a player in the disputed game, a referee to be determined will resolve the dispute.
10. Competitors are allowed to bring their own controller, but it has to be an official Nintendo rectangle controller.
Live Stream: The Retro Sports Gamer Youtube Channel: https://www.youtube.com/channel/UC_b9V5HP0eJZyLuhuEmDf_g
-A live stream will be set up for the top rated round robin group during group play
-Single Elimination Playoff will showcase a selected game during each round, the 3rd Place game, and the Championship.
Players that register and can't make the tournament with at least one week notice will be fully refunded.
Please contact me at firstname.lastname@example.org if you have any questions about the tournament. Thanks!
Recently Browsing 0 members
No registered users viewing this page.