TSB trivia game

On 5/11/2018 at 3:56 PM, kamphuna8 said:

How do you "autoplay" all com vs com regular season games without having to hit Game Start each time ? (also works in the playoff bracket)

Well, it's quite simple really.....first you take your 3 channel multigaming cord, insert one plug into the cartridge holder of your 1988 Nintendo Entertainment System, then take the other plug and connect it to your green screen apple computer.  Once that is done, you turn on your computer and your Nintendo at the EXACT same time (which should cause some kind of a spark) that's how you know it's working.  Then with both hands, you hold down every button on your keyboard for around 15 to 20 seconds while at the same time rapidly hitting the 'reset' button of your Nintendo with your big toe.

.......................If that doesn't work Kamp, I don't know what will.

• 2 weeks later...
On 5/13/2018 at 1:49 PM, ~Tailback King~ said:

Well, it's quite simple really.....first you take your 3 channel multigaming cord, insert one plug into the cartridge holder of your 1988 Nintendo Entertainment System, then take the other plug and connect it to your green screen apple computer.  Once that is done, you turn on your computer and your Nintendo at the EXACT same time (which should cause some kind of a spark) that's how you know it's working.  Then with both hands, you hold down every button on your keyboard for around 15 to 20 seconds while at the same time rapidly hitting the 'reset' button of your Nintendo with your big toe.

.......................If that doesn't work Kamp, I don't know what will.

da funk.

Alright.  Johnny Johnson seems to have forged a stalemate, here.

Here are the rules:  Whosoever answers shall shower the winning Answer-er with +1's (because, this might take a while, for one) ...

Who is the only BACKUP quarterback - and, he tried them all, at least 2x - that the ol' @Bolt-meister was able to START (as qb1) AND throw 0 INT's with thru the whole season (including SB) AND Win the SB, on OG TSB???

1 minute ago, Bolt said:

Alright.  Johnny Johnson seems to have forged a stalemate, here.

Here are the rules:  Whosoever answers shall shower the winning Answer-er with +1's (because, this might take a while, for one) ...

Who is the only BACKUP quarterback - and, he tried them all, at least 2x - that the ol' @Bolt-meister was able to START (as qb1) AND throw 0 INT's with thru the whole season (including SB) AND Win the SB, on OG TSB???

Steve Beuerlein?

Just now, Bolt said:

No dice.

I had high hopes for Burr-line - twice - but he was one of the lesser on the backup QB scales, I found...

I thought it might be one we wouldn't think of since this is trivia, and the Raiders RBs might cause you to have to pass less. 

Well, I'll venture one more guess and then let some others chime in. 

To me, the obvious answer would be Steve Young. It just seems to me to be a little TOO obvious for a Bolt question...

1 hour ago, kamphuna8 said:

I thought it might be one we wouldn't think of since this is trivia, and the Raiders RBs might cause you to have to pass less. 

Well, I'll venture one more guess and then let some others chime in. 

To me, the obvious answer would be Steve Young. It just seems to me to be a little TOO obvious for a Bolt question...

Excellent attempt, Kamp:

Unfortunately, HOFer Steve Young bit it - both times - against the Rams.

The first time was my fault.  The second, Steve's.

1 hour ago, kamphuna8 said:

Marc Wilson

It's a no-go, on Wilson;  though I found him to be a top-tier backup, and almost got it done.

Good try!

- By the way, people can also continue to answer @kamphuna8's top-of-the-page post;  because I have no idea...

Here.  I'll put it here:

On 5/11/2018 at 5:56 PM, kamphuna8 said:

How do you "autoplay" all com vs com regular season games without having to hit Game Start each time ? (also works in the playoff bracket)

- ALSO, by the way:  NEVER try the task I've laid-out, at home.  Because it's addictive, and will drive you nuts!!

On 5/23/2018 at 11:21 AM, Bolt said:

Proceed.  And continue.  To rock the mic

6 hours ago, TecmoSuperFan said:

Backups, hmm? most likely not Rich Gannon, so i may take a swing and go with Tom Tupa?

Thanks for playing!

However, I found Tupa to be pretty bad, and did not accomplish the task at hand with him.

On 5/29/2018 at 9:44 AM, kamphuna8 said:

The Kaiser? Von Wilhelm?

Are "The Kaiser" and "Von Wilhelm" one and the same?

It don't matter, either way,

Because - this really must be the Year of the Backup QB (Nicky Foles), because - Erik. WILL. Helm the CHALLONGE !!¡!!¡!!

543120873_TecmoSuperBowl(U)WilhelmB.thumb.png.a3bf1249c82195022d28cb5e5829b0a1.png

Regular season.  13-3.  Never injured.

Divisional, LEGIT (Raiders got the ball) OT:

460536041_TecmoSuperBowl(U)WilhelmBp1Pass3run2(OTlegit).thumb.png.61317c828bafccbd4b262cbb2b9df6cc.png

Von Wilhelm threw 3, ran 2 TDs, here.

(Toughest test of the playoffs. One of the best games I ever "played" in. Rodney Holman also caught his first - and only - pass of the entire season!... in a throw-it-up-for-grabs, on a called-play, keep the drive alive/season-saving moment!!)

Conference:

1341836049_TecmoSuperBowl(U)WilhelmBp2Pass2run1.thumb.png.2cef5d3b418cbc9098c8b065ce7c6052.png

The Kaiser... threw 2, ran 1, herein

... I want to give a Special Thanks, here, to KELSO, for NOT intercepting that very INTERCEPTABLE ball;  in the waning moments of the 4th quarter, too (when I already had the game wrapped up... scary!)

CHAMPS!!!

893210372_TecmoSuperBowl(U)WilhelmBCHAMP!!Pass2run1.thumb.png.7cb91e200f7a036edc29dd023f9e4401.png

Erik de Wildebeest threw 2, ran 1, here YE!

TOTALS:

49 interception-less balls

+ 9 running

+ james BROOKS {MANY Playoff TD recepts}

+ The SB, to boot.

@kamphuna8 UP!!

Kelso's response after dropping that last int chance..."Beedy beedy beedy" 160c17e2-b4e3-4eb4-9101-61a741fc5bc8.jpg

Answer to my other question @Bolt is you hold start then press a. It's a way you could SIM the whole season or playoffs as com vs com without having to be present to start each game. 

As I was poring over the TSB manual, the capsule previews specifically,  I saw a name of a player that's not in the game. His name if I recall is Brent Williams. Which team's capsule preview is Brent Williams name mentioned?

2 hours ago, manYo720 said:

what group of tsb linebackerz all have #'s in the 90's?

On 5/30/2018 at 1:14 PM, kamphuna8 said:

As I was poring over the TSB manual, the capsule previews specifically,  I saw a name of a player that's not in the game. His name if I recall is Brent Williams. Which team's capsule preview is Brent Williams name mentioned?

PACKERS1 ?

3 hours ago, manYo720 said:

what group of tsb linebackerz all have #'s in the 90's?

ok, half-trick question... answer is...

seahawks1

but only cuz Terry Wooden actually wore #90 for the Seahawks, and not the #51 the programmers gave him for some odd reason (he was a rookie in 1990 but always wore #90 with the hawks according to pfr).... otherwise, the seahawks would probably be the only team in the game with all their linebackers with higher #'s than their DL

41wG9SAnD-L.jpg