SBlueman

(NES) SBlueman's Tecmo Super Bowl 2017

In the next update could you please remove the stats after quarter hack. I can't get used to it and it always seems like the game is over. Also I think the juice hack still might need adjusted right now it seems maybe too difficult. I'm going to play a few more games but somewhere between your 1.3 and 1.4 versions would be great. I'll let you know after some more test games. Finally is there any hack that changes the defensive player from becoming impossible to tackle during a fumble run back?

Edited by oilertitanfan

On 9/18/2017 at 8:11 PM, oilertitanfan said:

In the next update could you please remove the stats after quarter hack. I can't get used to it and it always seems like the game is over. Also I think the juice hack still might need adjusted right now it seems maybe too difficult. I'm going to play a few more games but somewhere between your 1.3 and 1.4 versions would be great. I'll let you know after some more test games. Finally is there any hack that changes the defensive player from becoming impossible to tackle during a fumble run back?

Eventually I will post a 'vanilla' rom with minimal hacks installed so people can pick and choose what hacks to add themselves. I'll probably have that up this weekend so keep an eye out for that.

Thanks to @davefmurrayfixing whatever I blew up, the download page is back and the game has been updated:

What's New in Version 1.07   

Updated Bowns, Eagles and Lions mini-helmet facemasks (Thanks to @jstout, @gojiphen malor and @bruddog for all their help with the updates in the 32-team base rom thread)

SBlueman-TSB2017-v1.07.png

I really like the progress going so far the after quarter hack is the only thing that makes it not seem like the original with updated game play to a 2017 version. Everything else is really good and that's the only thing I would recommend removing. If it's not possible can you please tell me what I need to change and I'll manually update my version? Here also is an update to the L.A. teams info to be like the original. Thank you!

LAR.thumb.png.93c61cdd1c91855d1c96818b6dd739b0.png

1. Change L.A. to Los Angeles

LAC.thumb.png.63451e06a571c860cd6c10c8818afbfc.png

Edited by oilertitanfan

59 minutes ago, oilertitanfan said:

I really like the progress going so far the after quarter hack is the only thing that makes it not seem like the original with updated game play to a 2017 version. Everything else is really good and that's the only thing I would recommend removing. If it's not possible can you please tell me what I need to change and I'll manually update my version? Here also is an update to the L.A. teams info to be like the original. Thank you!

LAR.thumb.png.93c61cdd1c91855d1c96818b6dd739b0.png

LAC.thumb.png.63451e06a571c860cd6c10c8818afbfc.png

I am not sure if I can add both Los Angeles to the Rams and Chargers, I'll see what I can do. I am not a fan of all the spacing between the "L.A." and the team nicknames. The vanilla rom I will post will let you open the rom with TSB Tool and pick and choose which hacks to add. It'll be as simple as copying and pasting.

54 minutes ago, davefmurray said:

The after the quarter stat scren is pretty cool IMO. Also, IMO, it doesn't need to be like the original. That's why mods exist, to mod it to be different than original.

I like having the stats after each quarter myself. It's one of the 'must have' hacks I add to all the edits I work on. The vanilla rom will give people the flexibility to add or remove at their discretion. Hopefully it will also help encourage others to get into editing.

Update time, here's what's new:

What's New in Version 1.08

• Adjusted the COM juice on the full edit (v1.08)

Note:

I also added a "vanilla" version of the edit with only the following SET commands added:

• More NFL like QB rating value
  • Player 2 Conditions Fix
  • Prevent schedule from being random
  • Road team plays as player 2 vs COM 
  • Randomize sound loop used for each play
  • QB backpedal animation hack
  • Change Touchback To 25-Yard Line

No IPS patches have been applied. Players can customize the game to their liking by adding SET commands from the hack list file to the rom with TSBTool.