Does the Ken Griffey Jr. Baseball (SNES) Editor not work on Windows 10?

MvG Sports

Hey guys,

I was thinking about finally making another KGB hack, but I keep getting an error message when I try to run the KGB editor on Windows 10...does it not work on Windows 10 or does anybody know?

Any help is appreciated.  Thanks much.

Trevor

Found it.  An individual had the exact same problem when he wanted to work on Griffey '97.  To remedy this, it helps to know how to navigate around a DOS prompt.  My solution to him is as follows:

I did this recently on my Windows 10 computer, and it took some serious dancing around.  My understanding is that the later versions of Windows did not come pre-installed with some of the files required to run this editor (that came out in 2001).

First, I tracked down the missing file on the internet (I forget where, it's out there) and copied it into my C:\Windows\SysWOW64 folder.  Then, using the search bar on your desktop, type cmd.exe, right click on "Command" and select "Run as administrator.  It takes you to a DOS command prompt window.  It helps to know how to use DOS at this point.  I navigated to the folder and typed "regsvr32 /i comdlg32.ocx".  Try that.  You might have to do that with a couple files.  If so, change the name when you type in "regsvr32 /i xxxxxxx".

Not sure how gung ho I am about this currently, but I've already done 1996.

I initially wanted to do 1994, 1995, and 1997 as well as those are the only other seasons where the 28 teams fit as you have Arizona and Tampa Bay in 1998...but I am looking into 1977 (This Week in Baseball/The Bronx is Burning edition) or 1987 (Starting Lineup Talking Baseball edition)...so we'll see

I will be super anal about it if I do it...I was on baseball reference looking up the most common defensive setups and batting lineups for 1996 as well as player batting stance photos to try to determine the best batting stances.  I guess 1977 or 1987 are hot with me right now.  Thanks again, man.

Just going to muck them I guess.  I'm kind of doing a lifetime challenge on my 1996 version where I'm playing a world series with every team v. every team....756 total...I just completed #7 today and I released the final 1996 version on 7-20-14 (so you see how well that's going lol...I hadn't played it in almost 2 years, but it's still my favorite baseball game and I knocked out 5 games today).

I guess if I was feeling froggy, I could make teams of the remaining players from those years 1977 and 1987 that didn't qualify for their real life teams.  I strictly used at bats (and games played?) for batters in the 1996 version, regardless of how good or not the stats are and innings pitched (and games?) to determine the pitchers on teams.

I guess the reason I'm looking into those seasons is that I don't really care about playing an entire season on the game anymore (especially with the HR disappearing glitch) as I think it would be cool to just compile the stats from all of the World Series I play.

• 2 years later...

wow im quite angry cause i just now had the same issue as mvg sports  i downloaded the file with cmd and now it says im missing another file lmaoooo wtf? im not gonna download this and then it says i need 50 more files im guessing nobody here has windows 10 since i seem to be the only one with this issue 

mscomctL.ocx

Edited by oliver closehoff

No, you can, but the program is sort of glitchy. Here's how you will have to go about doing it...

For batters, if you want them to have a 10 BAT and a 10 POW, do the following when entering the ratings:

Input 11 for the BAT and 0 for the POW. Save the team stats. Go to any other team other than the one you just made the changes to. Now go back to the team you are editing, and you should see your player's BAT and POW as 10 and 10. You will have to do the same thing for SPD and DEF, too. So, essentially if you want to make a batter's ratings all maxed out, input 11 for BAT, 0 for POW, 11 for SPD and 0 for DEF. 

For pitchers, you have to do the same exact thing for their SPD and CON ratings that you did for the batter's ratings. Put in 11 for their SPD and 0 for CON to get a 10 rating for both. You don't have to do this for their FAT though. So for a maxed out pitcher, you would input 11 for SPD, 0 for CON and 10 for FAT. 

Hope that makes sense and helps you on your problem!

**SIDE NOTE**

I forget how to, but there is a glitch in the program that also allows you to get a FAT rating higher than 10. I've been able to get it to 17 or 18 before and you can probably get it to be 99 if you tried. This essentially would make the pitcher never tire. Try messing with numbers for that rating. If I remember right, you have to put in a very high number for their CON or FAT and then switch back and it somehow allows the FAT to go over 10. Wish there was a way you could do that for other ratings! Lol 

• 1 year later...