(NES) Goji's NFL Tecmo Super Bowl LII (2.4) +

gojiphen malor

On 6/28/2017 at 2:35 PM, gojiphen malor said:

Still pretty stumped on the 4-3 defenses, and now I've read posts where people feel that particular hack can make the game unstable. I am very new at hacking / hex editing, so I still have some learning to do.

What's next up is fine tuning the individual player AI. For example, Deshaun Watson kept completely killing it every season I simulated, so he got a bit of the "nerf bat" in the last revision. Not that I don't think he will become a good player, I don't see him outshining QB's like Brady and Rogers.

Anything you come across please share!

Enjoy!

Hey i got one more thing that I noticed and that was the Eagles uniforms are the exact same as the Texans uniforms and some of the other uniforms just seem to be off not sure if you can change this but it would be great if you could thank you.

21 hours ago, Hawg326 said:

Hey i got one more thing that I noticed and that was the Eagles uniforms are the exact same as the Texans uniforms and some of the other uniforms just seem to be off not sure if you can change this but it would be great if you could thank you.

Thank you for pointing this out.

Going over the uniforms again. Trying to get them as close to authentic as possible.

Some changes in the next revision. Let me know if any of them still seem off.

Also, here are the colors to work with and how they apply :

Color1.jpg

Color2.jpg

Edited by gojiphen malor

7 minutes ago, davefmurray said:

Love that you are cranking out content. 

How are you rating the players?

Thank you!

Started out by editing the 2017 roms like Tecmonster's and Baron's NCAA rom for the rookies.

Maverick209 has also been giving me things to change also.

Rating most of them based on how good they were in '16.

Next update is adjusting more QB stats, more overlook of NFL's best, and moving the pass rush DE to LOLB

so both DT's will actually play on the line now if they are in a 4-3.

Coming soon!

Got it. That explains the ratings. You can't really use other's ratings on a different ROM. Specifically, Tecmonster's has been hacked to hell and back so his ratings are tweaked to make it evenly balanced.

You'll find your rhythm. Good start.

48 minutes ago, davefmurray said:

Got it. That explains the ratings. You can't really use other's ratings on a different ROM.

Definitely. This was just where I started.

Just about everything has been tweaked since then.

Next update the QB's will scramble like the old QB Eagles also (Russel Wilson, Marcus Mariota) ~ Maverick209's idea.

26 minutes ago, gojiphen malor said:

Definitely. This was just where I started.

Just about everything has been tweaked since then.

Next update the QB's will scramble like the old QB Eagles also (Russel Wilson, Marcus Mariota) ~ Maverick209's idea.

That is a great idea. For ROMs that use our unhacked base ROM, it is usually best to make mirrors of all the originals because then the balance is just as intended. Keep going, mang!