gojiphen malor

(NES) Tecmo Superbowl NFL 2018 (10.7.9)

166 posts in this topic

13 minutes ago, Tecmo man said:

i have open emu on mac and my core is nestopia and i can't stop the sprites from disappearing. i tried changing the filter and core but i don't know how to fix it

 

Maverick209 was having this same issue as well. There has to be a way to go into the core options, maybe even while the game is running. I've used retroarch and it has a similar setup. I know in retroarch, you press select and triangle (defaut hotkeys) to go into the core options. From there it should be in video, graphics, or 'machine' tab.

I will do some more research and see if there is a way to bring it up on open emu.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

It looks like open-emu doesn't enable you to access a core's settings. It appears to be part of their design philosophy at least currently. 

 

 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
48 minutes ago, bruddog said:

It looks like open-emu doesn't enable you to access a core's settings. It appears to be part of their design philosophy at least currently. 

 

 

 

Ahh, I would recommend a stand-alone emulator outside OpenEmu then huh?

Maybe release a version without the no sprite hack?  Hmmm...

 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

10.1 is up!

 - Players Added :

   Browns - RB4, brandon WILDS
   Raiders - RT, m. NEWHOUSE

- More player rating adjustments ~Maverick209 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Posted (edited)

38 minutes ago, gojiphen malor said:

 

Ahh, I would recommend a stand-alone emulator outside OpenEmu then huh?

Maybe release a version without the no sprite hack?  Hmmm...

 

no worries i only use my mac laptop on the go my pc with nestopia runs it fine

Edited by Tecmo man

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
On 7/24/2017 at 10:59 PM, Bilt said:

dude, I just played like yogurt, against the cheese.

 

5976c1d22e911_TecmoSuperBowlNFL2018(9.6)(7-24-17).thumb.png.6f076b71e173a85622057868ea30e2ef.png

Week 6

 

Sweet revenge...

597ce4a1a0947_TecmoSuperBowlNFL2018(10.1)(7-28-17).thumb.png.755e771156e70698ac9d3b01305c8335.png Week 16

 

Includes 98-yd fumble-recovery TD - on goal-line D - by Sendejo, AND 50-yd Xavier Rhodes INT TD (same game). :)  Nice!

 

 

By the way, not a big deal, but your ROM always has the quarter-length a minute off:  I always set my games to "6," so the quarter-length will be 5.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
6 minutes ago, Bilt said:

 

Sweet revenge...

597ce4a1a0947_TecmoSuperBowlNFL2018(10.1)(7-28-17).thumb.png.755e771156e70698ac9d3b01305c8335.png Week 16

 

Includes 98-yd fumble-recovery TD - on goal-line D - by Sendejo, AND 50-yd Xavier Rhodes INT TD (same game). :)  Nice!

 

 

By the way, not a big deal, but your ROM always has the quarter-length a minute off:  I always set my games to "6," so the quarter-length will be 5.

 

Glad you got your revenge! Hopefully the uniforms look a bit better now :)

The quarter length is something I've been meaning to fix.. if I can figure out how lol.

New update coming as soon as there are some more roster moves. All I have for now is Luke McCown to Dallas.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Posted (edited)

On 7/28/2017 at 10:43 AM, gojiphen malor said:

 

Maverick209 was having this same issue as well. There has to be a way to go into the core options, maybe even while the game is running. I've used retroarch and it has a similar setup. I know in retroarch, you press select and triangle (defaut hotkeys) to go into the core options. From there it should be in video, graphics, or 'machine' tab.

I will do some more research and see if there is a way to bring it up on open emu.

Tecmo man, if you go in the list of systems and two-click (two-finger click) over NES, you can change the default core to FCEU. That's what I use - I think Nestopia wouldn't let me run some hacks and translations.

Edited by heyuimintojsus

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
4 minutes ago, heyuimintojsus said:

gojiphen malor, I haven't checked - were you able to fix the timing in the quarters issues in the options?

 

I am looking into this right now. I set the value to 5 but the game crashes on me so more research lol.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Posted (edited)

15 minutes ago, heyuimintojsus said:

Tecmo man, if you go in the list of systems and two-click (two-finger click) over NES, you can change the default core to FCEU. That's what I use - I think Nestopia wouldn't let me run some hacks and translations.

 

 

I see what you refer to the sprites now, disappearing some. It does it a little on the other core too. But man, what is Arizona's Bethea's speed? Got to be in the 90s with a pick six return LOL.

 

I would not know the answer to the sprites disappearing part - it looks like when it does it may be in straight lines.

Edited by heyuimintojsus

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
13 minutes ago, heyuimintojsus said:

 

 

I see what you refer to the sprites now, disappearing some. It does it a little on the other core too. But man, what is Arizona's Bethea's speed? Got to be in the 90s with a pick six return LOL.

 

I would not know the answer to the sprites disappearing part - it looks like when it does it may be in straight lines.

All punt and fumble returners have gotten a boost as soon as they get their hands on the ball due to one of the hacks. This was to make defensive and special teams touchdowns happen more often. So that's why Bethea ran like the wind lol.

As far as the sprite flickering, I'm being told there is no way to enable "No Sprite Limit" on the OpenEmu software. However, you could download a stand-alone version of Nestopia that does have that option in there.

I've got 5 min quarters :) uploading now :)

 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Just now, gojiphen malor said:

All punt and fumble returners have gotten a boost as soon as they get their hands on the ball due to one of the hacks. This was to make defensive and special teams touchdowns happen more often. So that's why Bethea ran like the wind lol.

As far as the sprite flickering, I'm being told there is no way to enable "No Sprite Limit" on the OpenEmu software. However, you could download a stand-alone version of Nestopia that does have that option in there.

I've got 5 min quarters :) uploading now :)

 

 

Hmm, I never noticed the flickering in the previous versions on OpenEmu. Was I just missing it then or did something change? I wonder if the flickering would happen on the PSP too. 

Yeah, that was pretty darn fast. Ha. 

For someone who doesn't understand all the computer tech stuff, if you run Nestopia in OpenEmu, what would be the difference running Nestopia somewhere else?

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
3 minutes ago, heyuimintojsus said:

For someone who doesn't understand all the computer tech stuff, if you run Nestopia in OpenEmu, what would be the difference running Nestopia somewhere else?

 

Alot more of the options are available in the stand alone emulator from my understanding. In OpenEmu you are running the "bare-bones" emulator while using a stand-alone version should give you alot more of the graphical and emulation options, especially unlimiting the amount of sprites that can be shown on screen, taking advantage of better hardware.

Hope this makes sense lol

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

10.2 is up!

- Changed default quarter length to 5 minutes. Will now be correct when changing in options also.

- Player added : 

   Cowboys - QB2, luke MCCOWN

- More uniform usage and color changes 

- More player rating adjustments ~Maverick209 

Added another version of 10.2 with the SET Command:

(This is for those who want a real challenge! Thanks again to SBlueman for his excellent SET command guide!)

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Fun rom.  I downloaded 10.2 in time for the playoffs, and - down 0-14 - caught-up to the Cards with :13 left, as they got the ball first in OT and knocked down a fg:  Not a bad effort, as I reset it and watched the COMVikes get shellacked by 33 to COMCards

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
55 minutes ago, Bilt said:

Fun rom.

 

Thank You!

The 5 minute games don't seem TOO long now right?

I thought about increasing the clock speed but waiting to see the input from players.

I do like the chance to run more plays for sure.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 hour ago, gojiphen malor said:

 

Thank You!

The 5 minute games don't seem TOO long now right?

I thought about increasing the clock speed but waiting to see the input from players.

I do like the chance to run more plays for sure.

 

The timing with 5 minute quarters are perfect IMO - they seem to go by fast as is. Ha.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

5-min qtrs is standard issue, and don't mess with the clock

 

9 hours ago, gojiphen malor said:

Hopefully the uniforms look a bit better now :)

 

Listen, Stegosaurus.  On the colours front, you just do what suits you:  my only other suggestions at this point would be, if you want to mix in some GOLD with the Vikings' purple? then do that (I think it would be awesome);  or if you want to make the Bears jerseys less on the gray tip? then...

 

But otherwise - as I see it - your ROM is looking wicked shahp, right now.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
12 minutes ago, Bilt said:

5-min qtrs is standard issue, and don't mess with the clock

 

 

Listen, Stegosaurus.  On the colours front, you just do what suits you:  my only other suggestions at this point would be, if you want to mix in some GOLD with the Vikings' purple? then do that (I think it would be awesome);  or if you want to make the Bears jerseys less on the gray tip? then...

 

But otherwise - as I see it - your ROM is looking wicked shahp, right now.


Thank you!

I will have a good look at the NFC Norris Division in the next shift :)

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
11 minutes ago, gojiphen malor said:

Vikings2.jpg

You like this one?  They kinda look like the Rams / UofM like that lol

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Sign up for a new account in our community. It's easy!


Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.


Sign In Now

  • Similar Content

    • By gojiphen malor
      - All 32 NFL Teams!
      - (NEW) 2017-2018 NFL Schedule!
      - Chargers and Rams Now Play in LA!
      - Rams New Uniforms!
      - Rosters current as of 8/18/17
      - Some playbooks / depth chart re-adjusted for 3 WR sets.
      - Team AI & stats based upon success in the 2016-2017 season.
      - 2017 AFC & NFC Pro Bowl Rosters.
      - (NEW) Halftime Stats!
      - (NEW) 4-3 Teams now have both DT's moved to the line and a defensive end at LOLB.
      - (NEW) Scrambling QB's (Russel Wilson, Marcus Mariota, Jameis Winson, and more!)
       
      3 DIFFERENT VERSIONS AVAILABLE! (STANDARD / JUICED / JUICED PLUS)
       
      SET Commands Applied :
       
      STANDARD VERSION
      *No Sprite Flicker
      *Add stats after quarters (Halftime Only)
      *More NFL like QB rating value
      *PA/PC hack - PC is INT and PA is target
      *Player-controlled QB rollouts for playaction passes
      *Increase CPU kickoff length
      *Better COM punt timing
       
      JUICED VERSION
      *Faster handoffs, pitches, snaps & player control
      *CPU find open receiver
      *Passing game probability table hack
      *Ball carrier can break up drone grapples
      *PR speed change from SS to actual PR player
      *Buck's TSB COM Juice Setter - juice to start at week 8 juice and climb to max
       
      JUICED PLUS VERSION
      *Better INT returns
      *COM dive tackling like SNES TSB I
      *COM defensive coverage late in season (28 and 32 team codes)
       
       
      **Make sure you have 'NO SPRITE LIMIT' enabled in your emulator!**
       
       
      Many thanks to other user submitted roms for player stats and editing.
      Rosters may not be 100% perfect and any comments are appreciated.
      Enjoy!
       
      - Special thanks to Maverick209 for his insight on player ratings.
      **Please note this is a WIP rom, so check back often for revisions!**
       
       
       
       
       
      *Check out this thread for custom covers for all 32 teams!*
       
      *Included Template.png and Logo.png to make your own custom covers!
      (Perfect for uploading to a NES Classic!)
    • By fatcheerleader
      I'm curious if anyone is going to make a TSB NCAA 2018 rom for this upcoming season.  Dave?  Baron?  Buck?  Xplozv?  I usually do but don't see it happening right now.
  • Recently Browsing   0 members

    No registered users viewing this page.