Vikings - RCB, trae WAYNES, LB, ben GEDEON

Saints - S, marcus WILLIAMS, LB, alex ANZALONE

Falcons - LB, duke RILEY

Panthers - QB, derek ANDERSON

49ers - G, brandon FUSCO

Rams - RB, justin DAVIS

Seahawks - T, rees ODHIAMBO

Cardinals - G, evan BOEHM

*IR Players removed who return later in the season and will be re-added.

AJAYI.jpg

2 hours ago, Tecmonster said:

Ah, because I was thinking that'd probably be an interesting hack to consider using in TSB leagues like ours, where there is a huge ability gap between the top players and bottom players.

Yes as it is harder to keep a lead in the real NFL also. More pressure on Ball Carriers and defenses keying on stripping the ball more often.

Sounds neat.

11.6 is up!

- Set Commands Added :

*(NEW) Decrease Fumbles    (Standard Version / Juiced Version / Juiced Plus Version)
    *(NEW) Decrease Injuries in SKP Mode (Thanks bruddog!)    (Standard Version / Juiced Version / Juiced Plus Version)
    *(NEW) Decrease Injuries in MAN Mode   (Standard Version / Juiced Version / Juiced Plus Version)

- Ball Control re-balance on all offensive players

- Players Added : 

Ravens - RB, alex COLLINS

Texans - T, jah REID, CB, kareem JACKSON

Chiefs - RB, akeem HUNT

*Opening day Versions also updated with new SET Commands.

LYNCH.jpg

11.7 is up!

- New Large Helmet Colors for Browns, Eagles, Lions

- New Mini Helmet Color for Eagles

- Some player rating and depth chart changes

- Players Added : 

Browns - WR, rashard HIGGINS    

Ravens - G, t. BERGSTROM

Texans - WR, braxton MILLER

Eagles - CB, rasul DOUGLAS

Bears - LB, christian JONES

Lions - CB, quandre DIGGS

Falcons - DE, t. MCKINLEY

Panthers - TE, chris MANHERTZ

*Opening day Versions also updated with new helmet colors.

STAFFORD2.jpg

Are there any long term balance changes planned for Juiced Plus? It's the only ROM I find satisfying in terms of COM difficulty at the moment, but I don't feel challenged in a "fair" way.

COM defensive coverage is ridiculous. It feels like 1/200 plays I have the privilege of an open receiver. The rest of the time just comes down to chance, since by time the ball arrives there will be 4 COM defenders on anyone (combine this with pass accuracy and you feel yourself hoping that you've hurled it into the crowd). Most of the time its an interception or a safety jumping in the air midfield.

Also, the run game feels really punishing. On offense, it's nearly impossible to move to ball. On defense, RBs like McCoy are moving 2-3x faster than safeties and knocking over 5-6 of my teammates. This is partially because it's far too costly to call run on defense, because the COM will almost always have a pass play to punish you or the lack of any less than 5-6 players to stop a RB.

This seems more like a rant, but I'm becoming discouraged by matches where I'm being outscored by teams with less than 10 pass yards and 200+ rush yards due to repeated breakaway runs and turnovers.

Again, sorry. Big fan of the ROM.

6 minutes ago, coolguy22 said:

Are there any long term balance changes planned for Juiced Plus? It's the only ROM I find satisfying in terms of COM difficulty at the moment, but I don't feel challenged in a "fair" way.

COM defensive coverage is ridiculous. It feels like 1/200 plays I have the privilege of an open receiver. The rest of the time just comes down to chance, since by time the ball arrives there will be 4 COM defenders on anyone (combine this with pass accuracy and you feel yourself hoping that you've hurled it into the crowd). Most of the time its an interception or a safety jumping in the air midfield.

Also, the run game feels really punishing. On offense, it's nearly impossible to move to ball. On defense, RBs like McCoy are moving 2-3x faster than safeties and knocking over 5-6 of my teammates. This is partially because it's far too costly to call run on defense, because the COM will almost always have a pass play to punish you or the lack of any less than 5-6 players to stop a RB.

This seems more like a rant, but I'm becoming discouraged by matches where I'm being outscored by teams with less than 10 pass yards and 200+ rush yards due to repeated breakaway runs and turnovers.

I am in agreement. It's way too hard for me to play with everything being intercepted, or fumbles, too, always being returned for TDs.

On 9/21/2017 at 2:20 PM, coolguy22 said:

I don't find the juiced plus to be overpowering at all. It's challenging but I'm 7-1 through 8 games, scoring 40-50 a game and have no trouble moving the ball consistently.  I like it the way it is. Me personally I don't want it any easier.

There may be some more set commands added in the future but as far as difficulty, Bruddog made an excellent point. It's really hard to compensate for an actual human opponent, so really all we can do is 'juice' the CPU/COM to make them more of a challenge to play. The SNES dive tackling was really what sparked the idea for the juiced plus version, making it hard to sidestep and zig zag up and down the screen to elude defenders.

However, I am willing to make a custom version also off of our 'Base Rom' and add any of the set commands listed in SBlueman's post here :

Shoot me a PM if you're interested.

15 hours ago, Kennya said:

I don't find the juiced plus to be overpowering at all. It's challenging but I'm 7-1 through 8 games, scoring 40-50 a game and have no trouble moving the ball consistently.  I like it the way it is. Me personally I don't want it any easier.

I never said it had to be "easier." My argument is that if the goal of modifying the ROM is to make a more robust COM, it should be in the direction of requiring a better MAN player. You haven't indicated what strategy you use to outscore the COM, or what teams you've played as/played against specifically, so I won't make any assumptions about relative ability.

But, in the current state, I can't imagine winning without a degenerated playstyle that involves "cheesing" the COM in some way (ex. running/calling some play repeatedly that cannot be defended for small gains, etc.)

I dont cheese the computer or play a degenerated play style. I mix up my plays, try to make as quick pass decisions as possible,  and try and run when guys are covered. I'm never said it easy or not challenging. I just won by 18 again although it certainly is quite challenging at the juice level now. Mixing up plays, hit big pass when they're open, try and keep gaining a couple yards per play when everyone is covered, keep moving the chains, and of course play shut down D. 

2 hours ago, coolguy22 said:

I never said it had to be "easier." My argument is that if the goal of modifying the ROM is to make a more robust COM, it should be in the direction of requiring a better MAN player. You haven't indicated what strategy you use to outscore the COM, or what teams you've played as/played against specifically, so I won't make any assumptions about relative ability.

But, in the current state, I can't imagine winning without a degenerated playstyle that involves "cheesing" the COM in some way (ex. running/calling some play repeatedly that cannot be defended for small gains, etc.)

Have you tried Tecmonster's ROM? Great for simulating playing against a man player.

On 9/23/2017 at 6:16 PM, Kennya said:

I dont cheese the computer or play a degenerated play style. I mix up my plays, try to make as quick pass decisions as possible,  and try and run when guys are covered. I'm never said it easy or not challenging. I just won by 18 again although it certainly is quite challenging at the juice level now. Mixing up plays, hit big pass when they're open, try and keep gaining a couple yards per play when everyone is covered, keep moving the chains, and of course play shut down D. 

What does being able to identify an open passer matter in the context that your pass will either be off target and/or there will be 3+ COM players reaching the spot before the ball has arrived? (It usually only takes 1, since the COM likes the jump mid-field) Any run play the COM plows down the OL. You can call the precise play COM is running and the RB will still plow down his coverage or catch a pass in triple coverage.

11.9 is up!

- New Mini Helmet Color for Browns (Facemask)Lions (Facemask) ~ Thanks bruddog!

- Some player rating and depth chart adjustments

- Players Added : 

Jets - WR, ardarius STEWART

Bengals - TE, c.j. UZOMAH

Ravens - DE, bronson KAUFUSI, G, j. ELUEMUNOR

Chiefs - K, harrison BUTKER

Raiders - CB, sean SMITH

Chargers - CB, trevor WILLIAMS

Eagles - RB, corey CLEMENT, G, stefen WISNIEWSKI

Cowboys - G, chaz GREEN

Bears - S, eddie JACKSON

Lions - S, miles KILLEBREW

Packers - CB, d. RANDALL

Vikings - TE, david MORGAN

Buccaneers - LB, kendell BECKWITH    
    49ers - LB, arik ARMSTEAD

Seahawks - G, mark GLOWINSKI, WR, tanner MCEVOY

*Opening day Versions also updated with new helmet colors.

COHEN.jpg

On 9/24/2017 at 11:49 PM, coolguy22 said:

What does being able to identify an open passer matter in the context that your pass will either be off target and/or there will be 3+ COM players reaching the spot before the ball has arrived? (It usually only takes 1, since the COM likes the jump mid-field) Any run play the COM plows down the OL. You can call the precise play COM is running and the RB will still plow down his coverage or catch a pass in triple coverage.

I will have a look at gameplay for the juiced plus version soon if necessary. It really is meant to be ridiculously challenging.

On 9/26/2017 at 2:36 PM, gojiphen malor said:

I will have a look at gameplay for the juiced plus version soon if necessary. It really is meant to be ridiculously challenging.

I'm 10-1, #1 in offense and defense on the MVP juiced plus ROM. It's just now getting hard enough where the computer can almost beat me, besides my fluke loss a few games ago. I don't see why you need to make it easier when there are 3 easier versions of the ROM available to play if the hardest ROM is too hard?

49 minutes ago, Kennya said:

Maybe you could have a version that has the bells and whistles of the juiced plus like the high speed TO's, but without Buck's accelerated juice levels? 

Just played a season game myself on juiced plus.. I lost by one score but still alot of fun. I played sloppy. When the 'juiced plus' INT / fumble returns go your way, it's alot of fun too! lol

Maybe the normal juiced version is too easy?  ;)  I will review when I have time but that is a good idea also to make a high speed type rom.