(NES) Goji's NFL Tecmo Super Bowl LII (2.4) +

gojiphen malor

13 minutes ago, Tecmo man said:

i have open emu on mac and my core is nestopia and i can't stop the sprites from disappearing. i tried changing the filter and core but i don't know how to fix it

Maverick209 was having this same issue as well. There has to be a way to go into the core options, maybe even while the game is running. I've used retroarch and it has a similar setup. I know in retroarch, you press select and triangle (defaut hotkeys) to go into the core options. From there it should be in video, graphics, or 'machine' tab.

I will do some more research and see if there is a way to bring it up on open emu.

48 minutes ago, bruddog said:

It looks like open-emu doesn't enable you to access a core's settings. It appears to be part of their design philosophy at least currently. 

Ahh, I would recommend a stand-alone emulator outside OpenEmu then huh?

Maybe release a version without the no sprite hack?  Hmmm...

38 minutes ago, gojiphen malor said:

Ahh, I would recommend a stand-alone emulator outside OpenEmu then huh?

Maybe release a version without the no sprite hack?  Hmmm...

no worries i only use my mac laptop on the go my pc with nestopia runs it fine

Edited by Tecmo man

On 7/24/2017 at 10:59 PM, Bilt said:

dude, I just played like yogurt, against the cheese.

5976c1d22e911_TecmoSuperBowlNFL2018(9.6)(7-24-17).thumb.png.6f076b71e173a85622057868ea30e2ef.png

Week 6

Sweet revenge...

597ce4a1a0947_TecmoSuperBowlNFL2018(10.1)(7-28-17).thumb.png.755e771156e70698ac9d3b01305c8335.png Week 16

Includes 98-yd fumble-recovery TD - on goal-line D - by Sendejo, AND 50-yd Xavier Rhodes INT TD (same game). :)  Nice!

By the way, not a big deal, but your ROM always has the quarter-length a minute off:  I always set my games to "6," so the quarter-length will be 5.

6 minutes ago, Bilt said:

Sweet revenge...

597ce4a1a0947_TecmoSuperBowlNFL2018(10.1)(7-28-17).thumb.png.755e771156e70698ac9d3b01305c8335.png Week 16

Includes 98-yd fumble-recovery TD - on goal-line D - by Sendejo, AND 50-yd Xavier Rhodes INT TD (same game). :)  Nice!

By the way, not a big deal, but your ROM always has the quarter-length a minute off:  I always set my games to "6," so the quarter-length will be 5.

Glad you got your revenge! Hopefully the uniforms look a bit better now :)

The quarter length is something I've been meaning to fix.. if I can figure out how lol.

New update coming as soon as there are some more roster moves. All I have for now is Luke McCown to Dallas.

On 7/28/2017 at 10:43 AM, gojiphen malor said:

Maverick209 was having this same issue as well. There has to be a way to go into the core options, maybe even while the game is running. I've used retroarch and it has a similar setup. I know in retroarch, you press select and triangle (defaut hotkeys) to go into the core options. From there it should be in video, graphics, or 'machine' tab.

I will do some more research and see if there is a way to bring it up on open emu.

Tecmo man, if you go in the list of systems and two-click (two-finger click) over NES, you can change the default core to FCEU. That's what I use - I think Nestopia wouldn't let me run some hacks and translations.

Edited by heyuimintojsus

15 minutes ago, heyuimintojsus said:

Tecmo man, if you go in the list of systems and two-click (two-finger click) over NES, you can change the default core to FCEU. That's what I use - I think Nestopia wouldn't let me run some hacks and translations.

I see what you refer to the sprites now, disappearing some. It does it a little on the other core too. But man, what is Arizona's Bethea's speed? Got to be in the 90s with a pick six return LOL.

I would not know the answer to the sprites disappearing part - it looks like when it does it may be in straight lines.

Edited by heyuimintojsus

13 minutes ago, heyuimintojsus said:

I see what you refer to the sprites now, disappearing some. It does it a little on the other core too. But man, what is Arizona's Bethea's speed? Got to be in the 90s with a pick six return LOL.

I would not know the answer to the sprites disappearing part - it looks like when it does it may be in straight lines.

All punt and fumble returners have gotten a boost as soon as they get their hands on the ball due to one of the hacks. This was to make defensive and special teams touchdowns happen more often. So that's why Bethea ran like the wind lol.

As far as the sprite flickering, I'm being told there is no way to enable "No Sprite Limit" on the OpenEmu software. However, you could download a stand-alone version of Nestopia that does have that option in there.

I've got 5 min quarters :) uploading now :)

Just now, gojiphen malor said:

All punt and fumble returners have gotten a boost as soon as they get their hands on the ball due to one of the hacks. This was to make defensive and special teams touchdowns happen more often. So that's why Bethea ran like the wind lol.

As far as the sprite flickering, I'm being told there is no way to enable "No Sprite Limit" on the OpenEmu software. However, you could download a stand-alone version of Nestopia that does have that option in there.

I've got 5 min quarters :) uploading now :)

Hmm, I never noticed the flickering in the previous versions on OpenEmu. Was I just missing it then or did something change? I wonder if the flickering would happen on the PSP too. 

Yeah, that was pretty darn fast. Ha. 

For someone who doesn't understand all the computer tech stuff, if you run Nestopia in OpenEmu, what would be the difference running Nestopia somewhere else?

3 minutes ago, heyuimintojsus said:

For someone who doesn't understand all the computer tech stuff, if you run Nestopia in OpenEmu, what would be the difference running Nestopia somewhere else?

Alot more of the options are available in the stand alone emulator from my understanding. In OpenEmu you are running the "bare-bones" emulator while using a stand-alone version should give you alot more of the graphical and emulation options, especially unlimiting the amount of sprites that can be shown on screen, taking advantage of better hardware.

Hope this makes sense lol

10.2 is up!

- Changed default quarter length to 5 minutes. Will now be correct when changing in options also.

- Player added : 

Cowboys - QB2, luke MCCOWN

- More uniform usage and color changes 

- More player rating adjustments ~Maverick209 

Added another version of 10.2 with the SET Command:

(This is for those who want a real challenge! Thanks again to SBlueman for his excellent SET command guide!)

Fun rom.  I downloaded 10.2 in time for the playoffs, and - down 0-14 - caught-up to the Cards with :13 left, as they got the ball first in OT and knocked down a fg:  Not a bad effort, as I reset it and watched the COMVikes get shellacked by 33 to COMCards

5-min qtrs is standard issue, and don't mess with the clock

9 hours ago, gojiphen malor said:

Hopefully the uniforms look a bit better now :)

Listen, Stegosaurus.  On the colours front, you just do what suits you:  my only other suggestions at this point would be, if you want to mix in some GOLD with the Vikings' purple? then do that (I think it would be awesome);  or if you want to make the Bears jerseys less on the gray tip? then...

But otherwise - as I see it - your ROM is looking wicked shahp, right now.

12 minutes ago, Bilt said:

5-min qtrs is standard issue, and don't mess with the clock

Listen, Stegosaurus.  On the colours front, you just do what suits you:  my only other suggestions at this point would be, if you want to mix in some GOLD with the Vikings' purple? then do that (I think it would be awesome);  or if you want to make the Bears jerseys less on the gray tip? then...

But otherwise - as I see it - your ROM is looking wicked shahp, right now.

Thank you!

I will have a good look at the NFC Norris Division in the next shift :)